Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Amazon Xbox 360 Thread - Part 10

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3851-3875 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 30 Jun 2012 19:36:45 BDT
howmuch75 says:
I find that remark Highly offensive dave.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2012 20:32:35 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 30 Jun 2012 21:12:06 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jul 2012 10:37:53 BDT
Good!

Posted on 1 Jul 2012 13:03:25 BDT
ive contacted xbox and they said cause i inported my gamertag to my new xbox elite it for some reason decided to delete my friends list which they said was a technical error on there part, so if anyone would like to re-add me feel free to.
the bummer part is that i got to start all my games again cause i got a bigger hard-drive now 250gb instead of my small one wooo! Just got to re-download all my live games and arcade games, then ill be up and running again ready to kick some furry pink bottom.

Posted on 1 Jul 2012 13:16:29 BDT
Hey Hayley,
To make things a little easier, if you check the start of the thread, all the XBL GTs are listed. Sorry to hear about the trouble you had re: changing xbox. Glad you are up and running again.
Just chilling at the moment watching Dexter Series 3.
Z

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 07:51:27 BDT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
good morning troops, how are we all today? well my wee trip to poland was a blast. the weather, beer, and nanny was all grand.

the only thing that let it down was the result lol Warsaw is a nice big place and would like to go back at some point in the future.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 08:18:41 BDT
howmuch75 says:
Morning hunks and chunks

Hope your head has cleared up now Bally what wirh all that cheap beer,so it's team killer night I think I may have a blast at that ;-)

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 08:24:06 BDT
Morning Bally,
Glad you had a good time away in Poland. Seems most people enjoyed themselves over that way - little surprised tbh but glad it all worked out.
Now that you are back - whats next on ur gaming list mate ?

Starting a run on Prototype 2 tonight. Hope to have it finished in by the end of the week and traded in soon - still getting 30 store credit on trade in which is tops as I got it in teh sales for the same price.
Onwards troops.
Z

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 08:35:51 BDT
Trigger says:
YES PLEASE!

I have well and truly hit a wall with it over the weekend. Have you played it before? Basically, on The Truth & Reconciliation when you first get aboard the Covenant ship you're assaulted from all sides by Covies and in particular there's about four cloaked Elites with plasma swords, and the bastards *keep* killing me. I was thinking this morning that the only tactical option I haven't tried is to leave the other marines to fend for themselves while I run down one of the corridors so the Elites can only come at me from one direction. I don't want to abandon the marines altogether though - Chief running away to save his own hide isn't in-keeping with his character, and they'll get utterly slaughtered if I run off.

Anyway, let me know when you receive it, and meanwhile sling a friend invite to TriggerHappyTel :) I don't mind holding on until you receive it.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 08:46:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Jul 2012 08:55:15 BDT
RAB says:
I have played CE before but it was a while ago so can't exactly remember individual levels. Happy to help out but I'm guessing the game will arrive today and I'm working funny shifts all week, so it may have to wait till the weekend.

I'll chuck you an invite if I get the chance today though mate, my GT is RABemused. (Don't ask, I'm not even that sure).

I will warn you though, I'll be an extra gun and that's about it.

EDIT: Looking forward to getting my hands on a plasma grenade and Needler again though.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 08:58:20 BDT
Morning all.

Spent the weekend working then playing Dirt Showdown with Andy & John which is always a good laugh. Highlight was John and I sending abuse to a German guy who was left idle in the games meaning we were losing because of his complete non-involvement but the game wouldn't kick him. Got a message back saying "sorry I am caring for a new ferret :-(" made me laugh though I think it made John feel bad.

Played Mayhem 3D as well. Thank you Jon for the loan, but I think we both know exactly why the game never got a worldwide release... It's because it's utter shot. Turned it off after 20 mins. Worst game that's been in my 360.

GRFS night, so if you haven't already Get yer ghost on!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 09:06:24 BDT
Tel iirc when you first board the ship you're in a huge square room with doors around the sides, the doors lead to corridors and this is where the enemies come from. Keep an eye out for which doors open and head towards them straight away, because the covenant are tightly packed in the corridors if you chuck some grenades in it's pretty devestating. Not sure if you're doing this already but switch weapons mid fight, plasma weapons take down shields quickly and balistic weapons do more damage to health, I found using a plasma rifle then switching to assault rifle will take out elites pretty quickly.

Morning peeps. Played some more Dawnguard over the weekend, playing as a vampire lord you feel like a proper badass, and the addition of mounted combat is nice as well, no more constantly getting on and off your horse to deal with bandits/wolves/bears etc, you can just knock their brains out from the back of your horse.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 09:06:34 BDT
Trigger says:
Needlers are really cool. I killed my first two Hunters in Halo Anni using just a Needler.

"I will warn you though, I'll be an extra gun and that's about it."

That's fine man. The more the merrier - we can flank and execute pincer movements, and other things which sound simultaneously cool and a bit sad.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 09:10:55 BDT
RAB says:
The Needler might actually be my favourite weapon in any game ever.

Hopefully it arrives today so I can get a bit of time on it to get my eye in. Looking forward to this actually, especially for 9 quid!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 09:15:29 BDT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
the beer was minted in poland and less than 2 quid for a half litre ain't all that bad. we found a beerhall that brewed its own stuff and spent loads of time in that place talking to german fans. i'm playing through RAGE just now and once my trade ins kick in from amazon i'll ordeg GRFS.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 09:27:08 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Jul 2012 09:27:34 BDT
Morning all,

Played Dirt Showdown with Dave and Andy quite a bit this weekend was a good laugh, feret loving Germans aside ;). Not quite so entertaining was finishing Lollipop Chainsaw on normal due to archaic boss fights. I will try and plough through it again on hard difficulty to get my monies worth and then get shot. I think it's fair to say the novelty wore off pretty quick with this game but after trade ins it only cost me 8 so can't complain too much.

I can't see me joining GRFS night tonight but will try and show my face if today isn't too soul destroying.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 09:49:05 BDT
My copy of Halo Anni arrived on saturday morning. Had a wee blast last night. Pretty decent. I'll co-op with any of anyone who is up for it tonight.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 09:57:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Jul 2012 09:58:16 BDT
Wayne says:
Morning all

Spent most of the weekend playing the new skyrim dlc dawnguard. It's excellent value as the quests are interesting and long and it's nice having the werewolf and vampire story's although whichever path you choose it kinda plays out the same. Maxed out the 250g and it's sad that due to a game glitch I have all but one of the achievements in skyrim now :( If it wasn't for dead island GOTY coming out Friday I'd be tempted to start a brand new game to get the oblivion walker achievement. I will do this at some point.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 10:08:25 BDT
@ Ron - mate - how many can coop on Halo Anni ? My brother and I have bought it to coop together on it - assuming it was only 2 at a time.

Skyrim - if anyone is willing to sell me their copy of Skyrim when they are finished with, please msg me and I will purchase. Obviously its only 24 here new so hoping to pick up for less than that.

GRFS - still haven't put any time into the game. Bally, give me a shout when you do eventually order as I have had it since RD and not played it much. Want to complete DD and P2 before getting stuck in. Hoping P2 will only take 20 + hrs to get all achievements.
Enjoy the GRFS MP night.

Finally, OT - just got the following kit for my 2 daughters who saw the Ad on TV and hounded me for the last few days:-

Butterfly Pavilion

Its basically a grow-your-own-butterfly in the comfort of your own home Kit. Really looking forward to this myself.
Z

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 11:02:08 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 2 May 2013 15:59:10 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 11:06:51 BDT
"How do you make the Moth Priest a thrall? Just can't figure out what to do with him as he can't be killed."

Beat him down until he's crouched on the floor then use your Vampires Seduction ability on him.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 11:09:33 BDT
TMan says:
@Trigger, Marines are useless on anything above normal. Just abandon them or give them better weapons. In any case, they will get themselves killed eventually anyway. Masterchief do better on his own, lone wolf and all that.

I remember that difficulty spike. I think I managed to jump on top of the weapon crate to survive one wave & running into corridor for next. Just keep plasma pistol handy for quick kills.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 11:13:18 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 2 May 2013 15:59:11 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 11:26:59 BDT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
well i'm looking forward to getting back into a routine of gaming at night. gonna crack on with more RAGE and then hopefully some clubs will be on the go.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 11:53:59 BDT
"Beat him down until he's crouched on the floor then use your Vampires Seduction ability on him."

This fight doesn't happen to take place in a shower room?
Discussion locked

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  85
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  17 Apr 2012
Latest post:  30 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions