Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Binary Domain

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 351-375 of 381 posts in this discussion
Posted on 26 Apr 2012 11:15:08 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Apr 2012 11:21:52 BDT
Bauer. It's not a hard game. Play it on normal, or even easy, and you'll be fine. I was fine and I'm not exactly a ninja gamer;-) For me it's one of the best third person shooters this gen. Nothing particulary original but what it does it does it well. And in actual fact I enjoyed it more than some of the real big hitters of the 2011 autumn/winter new release frenzy. Multiplayer wise just don't bother with it. The SP however has a great story, great characters, solid shooting mechanics, absolutely excellent enemy AI if you take advantage of it, great varying settings, some reasonable boss fights that really aren't too hard, some good on-rail sections and it really does build up to a climax. I'd say just get it - but give it chance the first 40 mins, in the first chapter, might not be that impressive.

"we all know he never finishes any games, so it can't be that bad!"

I only finish about 95% of my games, and I've played probably a hundred this gen, but I'm certainly no Ninja Tel! Mostly played on normal difficulty but I have finished MW3 SP on veteran;) Better than Adam lol - he just says 'I've had enough, gonna put it my shelf and play it later', but then never does and gets away with it - not any more;)

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 11:27:14 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Just play it on medium setting gaz. I like the challenge, or pain of the hardest difficulty setting. That's all i'm crying about.

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 15:15:57 BDT
Solar Fox says:
I finally beat that damn Gorilla!, YEEEES!! (Big Sigh), it felt good. I celebrated with a well earned cafe Mocha, with a cadbury's flake thrown in. ;P

After this there was a love scene that earned me a trophy. No trophy for beating the robotic gorilla. The reward seems to be the raunchy love scene and then say 'you love her' afterwards, and a trophy pops! Those Japs have a weird sense of humour. Grrrrr...

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 16:51:15 BDT
Trigger says:
I love Faye too. Rachel, on the other hand, looks like a man who had a budget sex change.

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 18:43:55 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Your not wrong Tel. Glad it wasn't her I had to have across my lap. :-S

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 09:37:00 BDT
Solar Fox says:
I was playing co-op online with BD, on Invasion. I was really enjoying it.

4-man team, against small to large groups of robots. 5 different classes such as Soldier, Scout, Sniper etc. Great fun. Made it to level 19 of 50 with a 3-man team.

There is a trophy for completing a stage on Invasion but I didn't get it? Is it glitched or do I have to be the host or something?

On SP I have made it to the ridiculously large, robot boss at the entrance to the Armada building. I think it was on a balcony level. The problem is my team mates keep dieing, and there's no shop station to buy medical shots for them.

What also worries me, is that i'm on the 5/6 stage of the game and i'm facing what seems to be, the ultimate robot. Does this fight continue onto stage 6, or is there an even bigger robot to take down!? :-o

I don't mind robots, but ones that are the size of a tall office block?. I hate to say it, but it's becoming relentless, tiresome and gruelling.

[ reloads the 1254th clip into his assault rifle (sighs) and begins to blaze away ]

I now know what the term bullet sponge really means.

Must.. Defeat.. Another.. Enormous.. Robot.. Gnnnnnn...

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 09:45:30 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Apr 2012 09:54:03 BDT
"On SP I have made it to the ridiculously large, robot boss at the entrance to the Armada building. I think it was on a balcony level. The problem is my team mates keep dieing, and there's no shop station to buy medical shots for them. "

I think that is inside the Armada building isn't it? So you've gone inside the Exo-skeleton bot, outside the Armada building, and done that? The bit Adam was stuck on.

The big boss fight the height of the building was inside the central atrium wasn't it - and it was great IMHO. Loved it. I didn't die once and I thought it was a well orchestrated battle - as it didn't involve just shooting. And I vageuly remember vending machines on the balconies. There are defo more boss fights after that one you talk about but none of them at the taxing - at least they weren't for me.

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 09:55:40 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Yeah, that's right 'R'. The hacked robot bit was fairly easy, and i'm on the hardest difficulty remember. (ahem) ;-)

Inside the Armada building it is. I say entrance, as in reception area, but your description is more precise. It may just require me to recharge my batteries for a fresh attempt.

Definitely agree with you on Invasion. I played that for hours. Nice little online co-op game. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 10:01:29 BDT
Invasion is good but it seemed flawed to me. We got through several waves and then just completely ran out of ammo - in no time, with loads and loads of enemies left.

And the achievement you mentioned didn't pop for me either.

Versus MP sucks big time though.

"and i'm on the hardest difficulty remember. (ahem) ;-)"

AND

"I hate to say it, but it's becoming relentless, tiresome and gruelling."

You need to make your mind up;-) Enjoy the game, knock it down to medium, or continue making a good game 'relentless, tiresome and gruelling' on the hard difficulty setting.

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 15:37:26 BDT
Solar Fox says:
I like the challenge but not the bullet sponges. I was enjoying taking out the smaller robots on the hardest difficulty, the skyscraper robots I don't. Hence gruelling.

The online co-op Invasion, has a limited supply of ammo cases lying around. When they are all gone, the ammo gets replenished every 5 rounds. I take it you didn't make it to round 5 then 'R'? ;-)

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 15:53:22 BDT
Trigger says:
The bullet spongey bosses were the worst part of the game IMO. Otherwise the combat was tremendously enjoyable all around.

Posted on 30 Apr 2012 11:19:18 BDT
Solar Fox says:
I've finished Binary Domain, and what a great game it is overall. A captivating story for me, great action and design. That last boss was an enjoyable challenge, unlike some previous robot bosses.

With the SP complete, I am enjoying the online co-op 'Invasion'. I keep coming back to it, as the team effort is rewarding yet nicely challenged.

'R' - I found out the trophy for completing one stage of 'Invasion' isn't glitched. You have to complete 50 levels of a map for a stage clear! :-o

Posted on 30 Apr 2012 12:40:09 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Apr 2012 12:40:30 BDT
"'R' - I found out the trophy for completing one stage of 'Invasion' isn't glitched. You have to complete 50 levels of a map for a stage clear! :-o "

Not sure how far I got through Invasion but I don't think it was anywhere near 50 waves. Only played it 2-3 times though. Invasion was alright but there are much better horde type CO-OPs out there - and horde isn't really my bag. Good for a few blasts. So did you get the 50 level invasion trophy?

Posted on 30 Apr 2012 12:56:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Apr 2012 13:04:03 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Not yet. The last game, we had a maximum team of 4. I used the ammo conserving, sniper rifle, whilst others were using shotguns and ammo eating, assault rifles. We got to wave 19, with just a shotgun player and myself with the sniper rifle as survivors. We were doing well until I took a hit from a random robot sniper. I had no first aid shots left and the other player didn't help me. I watched the shotgun player take out another 4 robots with difficulty, before being overwhelmed, by the remaining 7 robots. A shame, as we would have all been back in play on level 20. :-S

I like it because it's team tactical. You need to work together to survive. I played co-op horde on quite a few games. Zombies, black ops, Section 8 swarm etc, but Invasion is far better imo. I'm finding it quite addictive. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2012 13:10:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Apr 2012 13:11:00 BDT
I think Gears 3, Halo firefight and the Bulletstorm Horde modes are much better. I'm no big fan though of horde. I much prefer CO-OP with a progression to it like Left4Dead, Battlefield 3 CO-OP, campaign CO-OP etc.

Posted on 30 Apr 2012 13:17:55 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Apr 2012 13:18:37 BDT
Solar Fox says:
There's a few 360 titles there, but I don't have 360. It's all preference though.

I'm not into Horde much myself like you, but Invasion just has that special touch that I can't resist. And I don't really know why it's different.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2012 13:40:54 BDT
"It's all preference though. "

I hope they bring Left4Dead to PS3 one day lol.

Posted on 30 May 2012 11:46:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 May 2012 11:55:40 BDT
Blame Tel for this Necro - he asked me to do it.

The game has lots of robots.... ;P.

Seriously though, I really enjoyed the game overall - liked the characters (apart from Rachael.... she doesn't really seem important to the story at all - hardly says anything in cutscenes etc), and liked the variety in robots you fight in the game, especially towards the end. Didn't see a certain plot twist coming as well... The game does get a bit boss-fight heavy towards the end as well, which was a shame because the bosses aren't the game's strongest aspect. The last boss was too much of a bullet sponge for my liking as well, and reinforces my previous complaint that the game really needed to include a health bar for the bosses - had no idea of how effective my attacks were (if at all). Would recommend the game though - it's different enough to the many other available TPS games to stand out from the crowd.

Was a bit annoyed though that I didn't find out what happened to Cain - best character in the game IMO.

Not sure whether to keep it or not at the moment... won't replay it again any time soon, and can get just under 13 for it on here. Part of me wants to keep it though...

Edit: I also messed around with the voice commands using my headset and that may have contributed to why I didn't get the best ending :).

Posted on 30 May 2012 12:16:14 BDT
Next game.....Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days.

Posted on 30 May 2012 12:56:33 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Glad you enjoyed it Adam. It's an underrated sci-fi, robot shooter. Great fun. Although I definitely agree with the HUGE bosses on the road, and the main entrance hall boss, at the last tower building. Which name escapes me.

As for Cain, didn't somebody say you can change his ending or is it fixed?

I liked him too. Almost a comedy version of the ARS battle suit, from Vanquish. You should have ago with Invasion online. See what you think to it, as i thought it was a fun challenge to add to the game's longevity.

Posted on 30 May 2012 13:05:08 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 May 2012 13:06:32 BDT
Trigger says:
"As for Cain, didn't somebody say you can change his ending or is it fixed?"

***SPOILERS***

***SPOILERS***

***SPOILERS***

In my game Cain disappeared after we met Amada, and Bo died at the end saving whasserface. Someone told me here that Cain died saving her in their game, so it obviously changes slightly depending on your conversation responses.

***END SPOILER***

***END SPOILER***

***END SPOILER***

Posted on 30 May 2012 13:28:47 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Tel - The 2nd ending would allow abit more time with Cain then. I should have looked it up on how to get different outcomes for each character. Almost a create your own adventure aspect to it.

You sold your copy of BD didn't you Tel?

I did too. Purchased Crysis 2 (again) with the credit. All the talk on 'Crysis 3 is Official !' thread, had me wanting to replay it to see if it's niggles I had with it were really that bad. It's lying next to the PS3 still sealed. Like you, free time is in short supply these days.

Posted on 30 May 2012 13:36:17 BDT
Trigger says:
Yeah; I'm trying not to hang on to games any more unless I *really* like them or they're valuable. I just don't have the space, and even after trying to be good and a recent culling, I've got over 40 PS3 games on my shelf at the moment. I'd say 15-20 of those are unplayed to a significant extent.

Posted on 30 May 2012 13:40:29 BDT
I don't need to worry about the storage space to keep it... just not sure how soon I'm likely to play it again, and I could send it to Amazon along with another game I'm looking to get rid of, and use the credit towards another game purchase.

Posted on 30 May 2012 13:46:17 BDT
Solar Fox says:
I never have more than 10 games sitting by the PS3. I circulate the buying and selling as much as I can. 40 is a good stockpile.

I would say, with new games coming out all the time, you may never play those unplayed games. Especially with next gen fast approaching.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  32
Total posts:  381
Initial post:  31 Dec 2011
Latest post:  27 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions