Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Zoverstocks - How bad are they?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 351-375 of 845 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2012 08:39:33 GMT
"Popcorn Player, I can understand boycotting a seller for bad service but, as far as I can see, a game crashing is kind of beyond their control..." - Zoverstocks claim to test their games before they are sold so technically that is not true. Its obvious they just see whether the game loads up to the start screen (I'm speculating here) thats if they test the disks at all... Can't prove this but given the fact my game loads up to start screen fine but crashes when you go any further, I suspect this to be the case. Also with the company being so big, I doubt any kind of thorough testing of their second hand disks is carried out due to the sheer volume of stock they have, again this is fine but is only going to lead to unsatisfied customers... the reason forums like this have been set up.

Posted on 29 Feb 2012 01:55:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Feb 2012 01:56:27 GMT
D.A. Tandy:
I am not saying everything is worthless. But I don't think used mass-produced discs should be priced $20-30 (as many were before Z came along) simply because they are "out of print" but not particularly rare. I know there are sellers who used to get lists of cd's and dvd's that were being deleted and would then jack up the prices. I think some sellers used to be more content to just sit on their stock rather than sell it at a fair price. But those days are over now. Sellers can't price-gouge the way they used to, and I can understand they are unhappy but... If sellers can't compete with Zoverstocks, then they will have to find another way of doing business or give it up. I'm not sure why they bother to out-price them anyway - you can't beat price automation software. I do think Z would have better luck starting their own website like secondspin.com have done. (I am aware they run a chain in the UK called "That's Entertainment" and run a website for it, but they seem to only deliver to the UK).

I've probably ordered close to 100 items from Z so far and nothing has been below "very good".... many items look like new (probably only played once by the previous owner). I guess I've been lucky. Perhaps all the angry sellers in this thread should thank me for buying up all of Z's 1 cent cd's :)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2012 18:26:41 GMT
Spacepig says:
Which means you have to be wary of everything they sell as everything is described as "very good".

Posted on 28 Feb 2012 18:21:57 GMT
UK says:
I ordered a three cd album from zoverstocks, when it arrived there was cd one and 2 cd two's. after numerous attempts at contacting them about the missing cd three they just wouldnt reply. Amazon refunded me so it was ok in the end. On another occasion ordered a dvd that just simply wouldnt play in over three different players, again they wouldnt reply and amazon refunded. would be very carefull when buying an item condition described as "very good" from zoverstocks

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2012 16:56:17 GMT
D. A. Tandy says:
so Warren.m.Murphy to that extent your saying that everthing is worthless. so whats the point in buying anything anymore, its great as a buyer yeah dont get me wrong but when you dont want it anymore whats the point if Zoverstock undercut you all the way to 1p. ????? might as well throw it away!!

Posted on 28 Feb 2012 13:59:59 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Feb 2012 14:09:25 GMT
Popcorn Player, I can understand boycotting a seller for bad service but, as far as I can see, a game crashing is kind of beyond their control... and they may have sent you a new copy if you had bothered to contact them. I've had games crash on me that I bought brand new from chain stores... sometimes those things happen. Discs can be faulty, which is the fault of the manufacturer and not the seller... but the seller should make it right if you contact them.

As for the music magpie website, they are mostly targeting people who have piles of unwanted discs and just want to get rid of them quickly, with a bit of money as a bonus. Serious collectors wouldn't send their stuff there because they know they won't get much for it. I have to say they offer more than secondspin.com (another large seller of used items online, but they only sell through their website) who mostly offer just 5 cents US per disc.... (less than 1p)

I wonder how many people posting in this thread are also sellers as well? Unfortunately the days of price-gouging customers for $20 on a disc just because it's "out of print" are over now.... thanks zoverstocks!

Posted on 28 Feb 2012 09:53:21 GMT
D. A. Tandy says:
I dont know if people have already said this coz i cant be bothered to read everyones msgs but did you know that zoverstocks is actually MUSIC MAGPIE. They buy from people for peanuts and sometimes they dont give people any money for the stock they buy from them and say the're too scratched (but they dont send them back), but they still sell there items on Amazon,Play and even Ebay. They are also sell as E-stocks.

Posted on 28 Feb 2012 08:41:58 GMT
None recieved items??? Need money back???? Zoverstocks don't want to know???? SIMPLE SOLUTION!!!! Go to your card issuer, inform them you have not recieved your items which you have been charged for, they will issue a chargeback, money returns to your bank. This will also work for faulty products or fradulent transactions (where the PIN code has not been entered). The more chargeback a company recieves, the more likely the company will suffer bad credit as a result.
NOTE: A chargeback should only be instigated if you have not recieved goods/services which you have paid for and the retailer does not offer you a refund. Credit cards are more likely to see a chargeback completed successfully (as banks are good at getting their own cash back).

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2012 08:29:28 GMT
I can afford to boycott them as there are hundreds of other sellers whose prices are pennies different, they had their chance and one chance is all any company on amazon deserves. If you had a bad experience with barclays bank, you would change your bank, if you had issues with your energy supplier, you would change them. Once bitten twice shy and all I'm missing out on is a saving of a few pennies per item... No biggie.

Posted on 28 Feb 2012 01:30:56 GMT
I've ordered plenty of cd's from Zoverstocks and everything comes in either like-new or very-good condition. If you boycott them for something they can't help (game crashing) then you're just missing out on some great deals. I've never paid more than 1 cent + shipping for anything I've ordered from them. Delivery time varies (I live in Canada), but when the item is as inexpensive and in as good condition as they send it, I don't mind waiting at all.

Unfortunately some sellers on Amazon seem to think "very good" = "acceptable".... that's why i'm wary of ordering from sellers other than Zoverstocks unless it's a brand new item.

Posted on 26 Feb 2012 16:17:51 GMT
Bought a game, appeared to be in very good condition. Worked up until same point then crashed. Game only cost £2 so didnt chase it up, instead learnt my lesson and boycote Zoverstocks now.

Posted on 25 Feb 2012 19:02:04 GMT
Have bought loads from them as they are usually the cheapest for games, DVDs and blu-rays second hand. Have never had a problem with them.

Posted on 25 Feb 2012 16:49:24 GMT
Derek says:
I have ordered tons of DVD's from these in the past and had no problems at all.

Posted on 25 Feb 2012 14:19:54 GMT
Mr Kubrick says:
i have ordered about 50+ DVDs from them and about 30+ xbox 360 games and in all of that i have only had 2 discs (both games) that where un-playable sorted out within 7 days

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2012 03:46:18 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Feb 2012 20:56:26 GMT
Mike_H says:
@A. Merino, a dispatch note from zoverstocks is worth slightly less than a promise from a politician because its proved time and again that they issue fake shipping notes (or how could something fail "final checks" a week after it shipped?).

oh and they dont just read this thread, they post to it under several names praising or excusing their own services.

(see below)

Posted on 23 Feb 2012 14:56:18 GMT
A. Merino says:
Now this is funny, I've just got the dispatch email, 10 minutes after writing my previous post. Perhaps they read these forums...

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Feb 2012 14:42:29 GMT
A. Merino says:
Same here, I ordered a DVD from Zoverstocks a week ago and it's still "processing for dispatch". They haven't replied to my email either.

Posted on 17 Feb 2012 11:42:22 GMT
LOTHAR says:
I don't understand why Amazon allows them to continue trading. They have a pretty cut-throat approach in which they list pretty much any item that another seller is listing for sale, only for 1p less. No matter how the seller alters the price, they will instantly change theirs to undercut by 1p. But the punchline comes when you order the item, and a week or two later receive a notice that they don't have it in stock!! It would appear that they just want to make sure no one else is making a sale! I think a full scale boycott needs to be put in place.

Posted on 15 Feb 2012 12:43:01 GMT
Blue Topaz says:
On Friday I bought a region 1 import blu ray from them on Play for £14 (good price considering the title is OOP). No dispatch email...I have emailed them twice to ask when they are sending it. No response to either.

From reading all these posts then I wonder whether I will a) see the item at all b) get a refund in any sort of quick time! Should have believed the negative feedback I read to begin with.

Posted on 14 Feb 2012 13:04:31 GMT
G. Hanks says:
Just read the PS3 review comments, cracking read. The below has to be sentence of the decade so far though:

"i have never had a girlfriend nor do i have any friends and i still have more of a life than yo,because i dont threaten people i dont agree with."

We couldn't possibly imagine why.

Posted on 14 Feb 2012 11:43:12 GMT
paul bower says:
I have bought quite a few good stuff from zoverstocks but only had 1 problem. i got scrubs season 1 and disc 3 was from season 2. they sent another season 1 boxset out free of charge. i offered to send back the original purchase but they refused. they do provide a good service and have recommended them to quite a few people and they've not had any problems either.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Feb 2012 10:37:49 GMT
"funny how someone said they only care about profit yet at less than £2 for most dvds they sell ,after 40p-50p fees then postage prices to send the item,im amazed if they make a profit."

Yeah they do it all out of the goodness of their hearts don't they.

Bless 'em.

Posted on 14 Feb 2012 07:42:33 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 14 Feb 2012 07:43:32 GMT]

Posted on 4 Feb 2012 18:18:48 GMT
Dane Bragg says:
Had loads of games from them and although delivery can be a few days more than usual, i've had no problems whatsoever. Always seem to be up there with the cheapest price and the products have always been in very good condition. Say no more.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2012 18:05:28 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  284
Total posts:  845
Initial post:  21 Dec 2010
Latest post:  30 Dec 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions