Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Official Amazon Football Thread - Second Leg

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3601-3625 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 21:33:29 BDT
Ronaldo has to be on drugs. Fantastic goal from him the movement was brilliant. Webb has been great, if only he could give the reds a penalty. Didn't think Nani was anything spectacular.

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 03:56:41 BDT
Mike E says:
Who did I get in the sweepstake?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 09:39:32 BDT
Even though I despise Portugal, you have to admire Ronaldo at times. If Portugal go on to win this tournament, Messi will have a lot to do to convince those who love to discuss who's the best player in the world nonsense until he wins a major tournament with Argentina.

The Czech's got what they deserved with their display as only one team tried to win.

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 09:57:42 BDT
Mornign all,

Good to see i'm still climbing in both the Bumder and Non-Bumder league. Pitty i did't do very well in the sweep stake.

1 - Steve - Denmark
2 - Greggles - Germany
3 - Rich - Portugal
4 - Bozz - Croatia
5 - Waxy - Czech Republic
6 - Si - Russia
7 - Stew - Greece
8 - Lill - Spain
9 - Mick - Sweden
10 - Dave the Slag - England
11 - Ryan - Italy
12 - Carl - France
13 - Bri - Ukraine
14 - Chris - Rep of Ireland
15 - Mike - Poland
16 - Will - Netherlands

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 09:58:47 BDT
Those still in are;

2 - Greggles - Germany
3 - Rich - Portugal
7 - Stew - Greece
8 - Lill - Spain
10 - Dave the Slag - England
11 - Ryan - Italy
12 - Carl - France

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 10:05:29 BDT
Bozz says:
Croatia? I reckon I have a decent chance.....

Ronaldo is pretty good isnt he? For me Messi is better but Ronaldo is awesome as well

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 10:10:58 BDT
RAB says:
^Awkward

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 10:17:36 BDT
Err really?
Moyes open to Liverpool groundshare
The Everton boss says sharing a stadium would be the best option for both clubs while the Scot is happy to continue working with the tight transfer budget at Goodison Park
Full story - http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/06/21/3192048/moyes-open-to-liverpool-groundshare

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 10:20:24 BDT
Is ground sharing that big a deal? It certainly makes the most financial sense for 2 clubs who aren't exactly rolling in cash.

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 10:21:49 BDT
Rich would you be happy to ground share at WHL or visa versa?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 10:25:39 BDT
Seeing as I don't go to watch football that much these days, it wouldn't bother me at all. I used to be a season ticket holder at Highbury before university and at the time I would've seen the benefits of building a new stadium with Spurs with an 80,000+ capacity. From an Arsenal point of view, we would've had more transfer funds available to us in the past 7 years.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 10:28:49 BDT
Ryan who you cheering for on Sunday? England or Italy?

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 10:29:29 BDT
RAB says:
Blackburn are offering Danny Murphy a staggering 2.5million contract to snub the Premier League and sign for them.

Manchester City are ready to send Swedish attacker John Guidetti back to Feyenoord on loan.

Keith Andrews is set to snub Celtic and Huddersfield to join Bolton on a free transfer.

Southampton are increasing their efforts to lur Rangers skipper Steve Davis to the South Coast.

Shinji Kagawa is set to jet into England today ready for a medical at Manchester United. (Finally!)

Paul Lambert wants to make Senegal striker Ibrahima Balde his first Aston Villa signing.

Real Madrid are prepared to pay Tottenham 30million for Luka Modric.

Liverpool are poised to make an offer for Parma's former Chelsea and Swansea striker Fabio Borini.

Reading are hoping to pip Fulham for Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes. (Rhodes AND Pogrebnyak? Ambitious...)

As for ground-sharing, I think it's a matter of pride. Both clubs will feel they're "big" enough to have their own grounds and all the history that's come with them, yes it brings something special to Milan, but they've been like that from the get-go. Ground-share makes sense financially, but it would almost certainly mean a new ground, I can't imagine either agreeing to move to the others' ground.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 10:31:15 BDT
RAB says:
England of course. England winning a tournament is much more important than me winning a silly forum sweepstake with no money riding on it.

Luuk de Jong's interested in a move to Newcastle.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 10:33:31 BDT
Hahah I just wanted to see your reaction! For your sake i'll cheer on Italy. Would be nice to see you win the sweepstakes mate.

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 10:34:29 BDT
Anyone else a bit bemused by this Pogrebnyak transfer? Did well for Fulham, not sure why they're seeling him. Yet, Reading seemingly want to break the bank for him, which is equally puzzling.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 10:34:54 BDT
It's a contentious issue and the only thing that prevents it is the fans, neither set of supporters wants to share a ground with the other. On the subject of new stadiums, it's isn't imperative that we move from Anfield or even rush into any renovations. We're not strapped for cash, we have quite high revenues I think we're around 9th highest in the world. Although someway behind the top dogs, a new stadium wouldn't make a great deal of difference to that without increasing ticket prices substantially, which everyone who has built a new stadium or increased the capacity has had to do, and since we're not based in London that really isn't an option. Then you have the extra costs that come with that which makes any increase in revenue you would get negligible. There are other ways to increase revenues that we are well equipped to do. We have zero debt except running debt which every company needs meaning everything we earn is reinvested. We're in a better position now than we have been since we started falling behind in the 90s (due to a reluctance to capitalise on the growing commercial ventures available, which was a massive faux pas on behalf of Moores). However, if FFP isn't properly regulated and enforced then it will be a massive struggle to catch up and keep up with the richest clubs regardless.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 10:37:55 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jun 2012 10:41:38 BDT
RAB says:
He wasn't Fulham's player, he was on a six-month contract from Stuttgart (or someone like that), and they dragged their feet on renewing it. Reading came in with their new Russian owner, who spoke to him at Russia's Euro base, offered him loads of money, and Robert's your mother's brother. I think as statement-of-intent signings go it's a lot better than what QPR did with their new money last summer.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 10:41:18 BDT
RAB says:
The key part is the money riding on it bit. If there was a similar amount of dosh as the Hazard a Guess sweep then I'd be changing my name to FORZA ITALIA because England aren't gonna win it anyway!

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 10:44:37 BDT
Thats not the spirit! Lets hope you are right though.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 10:46:01 BDT
RAB says:
Don't get me wrong, I think we're definitely capable, but I'm not putting money on it.

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 11:16:55 BDT
Steve says:
Alright chaps,how is everyone? Been busy in work so havnt been around much.Now things are under control I can post while in work if I can keep up with the calls and angry customers. Enjoying the euros now since our ladies have gone home. Think England have a good chance against Italy but dont underestimate them they are a good side.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 12:02:58 BDT
"neither set of supporters wants to share a ground with the other."

And i think this would be the decided fact, I doubt a high percentage of Everton fans will warm to the fact that they have to travel to Enfield Road(IIRC) for their home games.

If a decision was made by both owners to build a new stadium in a neutral area where both teams can start a new legacy or bring their own with them, then i think that would be a great idea. I i would hate to see Spurs play their home games at the Imigrants Stadium.

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 12:20:13 BDT
Reading the top controversies in Euro tournaments on The Guardian website and this made me laugh...

"You might have heard about this one in the week: the 2-2 draw between Sweden and Denmark that conveniently eliminated Italy in 2004 and was seen in some quarters as a bit of a Scando scandal.

The shame is that it has totally overshadowed a memorably absurd Italian campaign. There were two particular highlights: Christian Panucci justfiying the 0-0 draw against Denmark by saying "The thread that [our] socks are made with is too rough", and Christian Vieri asserting his masculinity in front of the Italian press after the 1-1 draw with Sweden. "I'm not talking to you people ever again," he bantered. "None of you may judge me as a man because I am more of a man than all of you put together. You have no idea how much of a man I am."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/jun/22/joy-of-six-european-championship-controversies

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 13:21:25 BDT
Should really make sure i post in the right thread!

"Blatter expects goal-line technology approval in July after meeting with Beckenbauer
The Fifa chief met with Der Kaiser to discuss several proposed changes to the game, including the Euro and World Cup formats, and revealed the two are in agreement"

So now that England have benifited from not having it it will be introduced the very next month!
Discussion locked

This discussion

Participants:  59
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  19 Apr 2012
Latest post:  29 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions