Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Mass Effect 3 ultra hype thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 251-275 of 282 posts in this discussion
Posted on 12 Mar 2012 17:39:34 GMT
grunt died in my ME2 play-thru! totally gutted! he was loyal as well, (all were loyal except jack, samara, legion & zaeed) but grunt still got taken by the swarm!

nooooooooooo!!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 17:42:53 GMT
Nick. says:
You should have taken Zaeed with you Phil! He'd have died...

Posted on 12 Mar 2012 17:45:16 GMT
zaeed was/is a total cnut. i failed his loyalty mission on purpose and wanted to leave him under that plank to burn to death - but there was no option to completely abandon him. i was gutted he didn't die in the suicide mission!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 17:48:18 GMT
Nick. says:
The only way to abandon him is to have a biotic like you did (unloyal, or not as powerful as one like Jack) and then chose him to go with you; as he's unloyal, the swarm will take him.

Posted on 12 Mar 2012 19:51:53 GMT
Telik says:
Once i finish ME3 i am going to start ME2 to make a male renegade shep.

Posted on 13 Mar 2012 10:14:58 GMT
(maybe very slight spoiler???)

Had to make two tough choices recently, had to weigh up my moral standings vs benefits to the war effort. Ughh War is hard :(

Posted on 13 Mar 2012 14:44:01 GMT
Telik says:
Yeah some of the choices are really hard to make. I mean even though the PS3 has bugs an the day 1 dlc should of been on disc I am still LOVING ME3. Say what you want about Bioware but there is no doubt they have created an amazing game world where you actually care about those your trying to help, and saddened by those you can't.

Posted on 13 Mar 2012 18:27:13 GMT
*slight spoiler*
saddened by the death of a certain doctor a drell and another crew member(feeds your fish) from ME2 who was killed by cerberus off screen!
After saving everyone in the suicide mission, this has shocked me a bit. War is the h word. :/
Amazing game though, Grunt and garrus FTW!

Posted on 14 Mar 2012 01:51:42 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Mar 2012 01:55:38 GMT
G. Hanks says:
(Continuing from Stews slight spoiler.)

Same thing happened to fish lady with me, however I have a feeling she can be saved with the correct response earlier in the game. I personally felt very guilty.

Found mah spess hamster though! Yeaahhh!! :-)

Really enjoying the game though, it's just started haemorhaging sidequests in my general direction along with pleennnnty of crew interaction. The romance options are pretty varied too (although depends on how you played 1 and 2.) Really seems to be a lot of differences based on how the previous two were played and they really effect the game for me. I've got passed the bitter taste of the DLC (didn't buy it, hope its pap) and the minor irritation of having to redo my Shep's face (his nose is now too big and skin one shade too pale but I blame the Cerberus skin implants.)

Posted on 14 Mar 2012 08:35:43 GMT
fish-feeding lady got killed on the collector ship at the end of ME2 for me!

Posted on 14 Mar 2012 17:11:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Mar 2012 17:12:29 GMT
******MAIN MISSION SPOILERS*********
How awesome is this game? The Tachenka (sp) mission to release the cure for the genophage was so epic, loved walking through the spooky catacombs and then coming out to turn the thumpers on while the reaper was blasting the crap out of the environment, epic beyond words - then a really emotional moment when Morden sacrificed himself.. he said that thing hes always said which was so sad :( "Has to be me, someone else might get it wrong"
..And then the Cerberus attack on the Citadel my god! That Ninja guy.. 'Kai Leng' He's got the same first name as me, was such a cool fight between him and Thane :) im sure we'll see more of him in the future, and i cant believe Udina betrayed us! When he pulls out the gun on the Asari Councillor, did you guys choose the renegade option and shoot him? i did by reaction, i wondered if you dont, if he lives and you can talk to him in prison or something??

All in all, cant wait to progress, this is so epic!

*END SPOILER*

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Mar 2012 17:38:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Mar 2012 17:39:10 GMT
Nick. says:
Kai, as you've finished the mission **LARGE spoilers for people who haven't**
Citadel mission, can you tell me if you shot Ashley/ Kaiden or not? In mine Ashley died.

Posted on 14 Mar 2012 18:30:34 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 14 Mar 2012 18:31:21 GMT]

Posted on 14 Mar 2012 20:24:40 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Mar 2012 20:26:19 GMT
Telik says:
Nick to answer your question.

********SPOILER ALERT*********
I was able to pick a paragon speach that made Ash trust me and she lived.
********SPOILER END*********

On another note i got farther into the main story.

********FURTHER STORY SPOILER ALERT*********
Was totally heart broken last night though as i finished the missions for the quarian and geth war. In the end Legion sacrificed itself to make the geth AND quarians join shepard. But the heart breaking thing was before Legion died it referred to itself as "I" by saying like "I know that Tali" was really sad to lose him.
********SPOILER END*********

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2012 10:11:01 GMT
i don't understand the planet scanning in ME3 - you go near to planet, and a little icon pops up saying 'press L2 to scan' (ps3) so i do, and a pulse is emitted, and then nothing....is it just that not many planets have anything you can use? am i missing something?

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 10:22:47 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Mar 2012 10:24:47 GMT
Once a planet has been detected, you go into the planet screen and you need to start scanning the planet surface, you have to follow the little white line on the radar to find the big white blip, you then launch the probe and an item is found.. Its usually an artifact, an upgrade or credits.

Nick:
*SPOILERS*
Well Kaiden pulled his gun on me and i talked him around and now hes part of my squad again, though id like to know if you dont press the renegade trigger if Udina lives or not
*end spoilers*

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2012 10:37:20 GMT
Not all planets have resources on them Phil, the ones that do will be detected by the pulse.

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 10:49:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Mar 2012 10:52:11 GMT
******SPOILER*********

i didnt pull the renegade trigger, so udina pulled his gun and went to shoot the asari but Ashley/Kaiden shot him instead for me so he dies anyway

*EDITED to add spoiler to top of post just in case!

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 10:50:59 GMT
Reid says:
So once you are in a solar system u use the scan then go out the system and then i see all these white lines like grid marks what is that all about can some1 explain to me in detail the new starmap system scanning for stuff etc please ??

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 10:58:05 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Mar 2012 11:00:32 GMT
Ok so..

When you enter a solar system, you can start scanning with the left trigger, sometimes you will pick up an anomaly on a planet, it gets circled in red, you then fly to the planet and enter it. You then have an option to start scanning the planet, you hold the button down and you get a radar screen on the planet which you can move around. There will be a line pointing in the direction of the item, so you need to keep moving it until you reach a big white blip. You then launch a probe which will give you the item.

You usually get artifacts for side quests on the citadel, credits or upgrades.

The downside to scanning is the more pulses you send out, the Reapers become more aware of your presence, eventually they will attack and you have to get out of the system ASAP

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2012 11:04:45 GMT
Reid says:
thanks, so what about the grid lines when you leave the solar system are they there due to the scanning or are they always there?

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 11:20:25 GMT
They are always there.

What i realised early on is that the game auto-saves when you enter a system, thus all you have to do is keep scanning til you find all the resources and then get caught by the reapers. Then just press A and the game starts with you entering the system but knowing where all the resources are.

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 11:29:30 GMT
Excellent tip Waxy :)
Your reply to Kai159 (psn/xbl)'s post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 12:11:16 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Mar 2012 12:13:33 GMT
not many planets have anything it seems! nothing i've 'pulsed' so far has had anything - not like ME2 where every planet had at least something.

i'm enjoying ME3, but ME2 seems much more open to play it the way *you* want to, and i prefer the galaxy map on ME2 - you could clearly see where all the missions were - in ME3 it doesn't really have much info :(

one thing i do prefer in ME3 is the normandy though! most people seem to prefer the ME2 normandy, but the ME3 version is loads better IMO lol

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 12:33:01 GMT
I feel like you have more freedom in ME3, the one thing i hated about ME2 is once you had a set amount of characters recruited, stuff like Horizon was forced upon you and you had to do the mission, its not like you could travel to a navpoint and start it at your leasure. In this you have the priority missions which progress the main story, which you can avoid as long as you want while your doing side missions
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  46
Total posts:  282
Initial post:  17 Feb 2012
Latest post:  20 Mar 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions