Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Dark Souls co-op gang & general chat

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2526-2550 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 24 May 2012 13:23:29 BDT
I'm such an idiot. I offered my Gwyn soul to the sunlight and now I've realised ill need to get all the way to the giant blacksmith in New game plus plus now....oh wait I would have to do that anyway for Sif's soul weapon. Swings & roundabouts. Just stuck Gwyndolin last night. Surprisingly hard as his nagic is a one hit kill

Posted on 26 May 2012 14:02:02 BDT
Added you on live Zort. It took me several control smashing hours to beat the 4 Kings this time. I was literally screaming at my tv as they constantly did the grab move and in one case when I had killed two of them the third did it twice in a row so I had literally no chance to survive. Dirty dirty scumbags. Got them in the end but the pain and suffering wasn't worth it

Posted on 26 May 2012 15:16:06 BDT
@ Ron - what soul lvl are you now mate. Going to play a little Dark SOuls and GRFS tonight as both copies came in the last 2 days. Will be offline via xbox live until Monday but will be around for some coop then if you are Cirxus are interested.
Well done on the 4 kings. Found an easy enough method on killing them and I think I posted the link to a youtuve vid here some time back. They are a right pain to get......
Z

Posted on 26 May 2012 16:04:14 BDT
sl101 i believe. i'm at a party tonight anyhow and it's too nice outside/i'm too hung over to play during this afternoon lol

Posted on 27 May 2012 07:16:26 BDT
This or Demons souls?
I have never owned an RPG but I'm a damn good gamer (eg: cod5 on vet, uncharted 2/3 on crushing quite recently) if I must establish an opinion.
Please give reasons why, thank you.

Posted on 27 May 2012 15:48:30 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 May 2012 15:49:47 BDT
Your abilities at COD or Uncharted will not help you in this game. One mistake and you are dead. It's brutal. If you enjoy a real challenge then go for it but you will need to do some grinding to level your character up.

In other news I platted it today. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!
Anybody around level 110 wants help with anything give me a shout.

I did unfortunately have my final few hours experience ruined by invading a-holes. Especially a dude called Chaotic or something like that. Moaned at me for not fighting him and then said he would do a fair fight and when I say GTF he invades for a third time any way and then proceeds to try rolling everywhere just to get a backstab. Yeah so a face to face fair fight yeah? When he finally gets one it takes my entire health bar except a sliver and my health bar is huge....HUGE! The guy was pimped exactly right for pvp. Total scumbag. I know it's supposed to be part of the game but these people just get me really POed

In reply to an earlier post on 27 May 2012 15:53:32 BDT
I know it sounds like I need twitchy reflexes for COD/Uncharted but if you've played WAW on Vet you'll know one mistake equals death. Usually instantly. Another example may be MOH:Frontline on Hard, that game has a health bar and promotes tactics on hard since your health goes quickly and there are no checkpoints.
Anyhow, I have pulled myself to buy the game and if I find it hard, tough. I will get used to it like everyone who is patient and cautious when doing a playthrough.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 May 2012 15:55:10 BDT
Oh nearly forgot, well done on getting the plat!
It sure sounds like a mighty challenge, especially the farming!
Right now I have 13 platinum trophies (UNLUCKY, I NEED ANOTHER ONE TO CHANGE THE NUMBER!), how many have you got?

Posted on 27 May 2012 16:04:03 BDT
@ Ron - congrats on the 1000G mate. May need a hand to finish off. Will message you on live for dig out when needed. Z

Posted on 27 May 2012 19:49:04 BDT
Cheers guys. I have about 30 plats...well 1000G. I mainly play 360.
Don't doubt your abilities Cam but it's just not for everyone. I get really bad game rage and I had it under control until this game. Although I dis hold it together for a good while.

Posted on 28 May 2012 06:34:18 BDT
Any tips for my Demob's Souls would be appreciated please.

Posted on 28 May 2012 10:00:24 BDT
Haven't braved Demons Souls yet mate. I still have uncharted 2, 3, heavy rain and infamous 1, 2 to play on my ps3 before attempting that controller breaking feat of heroism

Posted on 28 May 2012 10:08:33 BDT
Crixus says:
Zorton - I never know when I'll get time to play so whenever I'm on if your on as well i'll like to co op. Im about level 33 as haven't really played it for a week and a half now

Posted on 28 May 2012 10:31:56 BDT
@ Crixus - I sent you a msg via live. Anytime you want to coop, just msg me. Have created a new character and lvled up to 31 to coop with you. If u want anything, just let me know - lvld up weapons or armor or could drop you some souls (HERO) to help you lvl up without the grinding.
Will make the game a little shorter for you and help cut down on some of the grinding which can be difficult.
Anyhow, got my "Wisdom of a Mage" achievement which means only 3 to go - Pyro, Maiden and Knights Trophy.
Z

In reply to an earlier post on 28 May 2012 10:40:17 BDT
Crixus says:
sounds like a great help! cheers

In reply to an earlier post on 28 May 2012 20:51:22 BDT
@ Ron - hold off on playing Demons Souls for a bit. I went straight from Dark Souls into Demons Souls and didn't appreciate the latter as much because of the speed of transition between the 2.......and my love for Dark Souls.
If you can play some games in between, will make your Demons Souls experience sweeter imo !
Z

Posted on 31 May 2012 11:14:49 BDT
Leeroy B says:
DLC CONFIRMED!

Best news ever.

Posted on 31 May 2012 11:22:57 BDT
B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T !!! My silly addiction continues. Thanks mate for the update. Where do you get the news ?? I am on the DARK SOULS FB page and did not see any popups on my FB page today ???
Z

Posted on 31 May 2012 11:35:44 BDT
http://www.digitalspy.ie/gaming/news/a384609/dark-souls-pc-content-coming-to-consoles-as-artorias-of-the-abyss-dlc.html

Copied:-

"Dark Souls' new PC content will also be available on consoles, it has been revealed.

The 'Artorias of the Abyss' expansion will add new explorable areas, bosses, enemies, non-playable characters and equipment, according to IGN.

It will be made available later this year on Xbox 360 and PS3 for 1200 Microsoft Points / 10 / $15.

Namco Bandai has also confirmed that Dark Souls will also be available through Steam, following a petition signed by over 20,000 fans objecting to it coming to Games for Windows.

Dark Souls sold well after its release on Xbox 360 and PS3 in October, with 1.5 million units shipped worldwide.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition, which will feature the full console game as well as the 'Artorias of the Abyss' expansion, will be available on PC from August 24."

Z

Posted on 31 May 2012 11:59:32 BDT
Leeroy B says:
Sorry I'm at work so wasn't able to get the article! Thanks for posting! :-)

Posted on 31 May 2012 12:05:39 BDT
Mr. L. Burdon - you are literally my favorite person at this very moment in time. Sending you a virtual drink !!Cheers for the top news....
Z

Posted on 31 May 2012 13:59:32 BDT
1200pts...hmm. I hope it's meaty for that. I may hold off on trading it in now

Posted on 31 May 2012 15:30:20 BDT
Excited for the new DLC which was pretty much inevitable for consoles once it was announced for PC.
Shame about the delay between the PC and DLC release though.

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 09:19:49 BDT
At last.
After grinding the chanellers for an eternity, decided to set my alarm for 4am and get up for another grind session.
Killed the Chanellers in Dukes Archives about 50 times over a 40 minute period and nothing - then I had a thought.
Already at item discovery '410' with Gold serpent ring, 10 humanity and Human form - why not wear the "Symbol of Avarice" as well. Bang, on my 1 st try the trident dropped. Wondered whether it was coincidence so tried again and it dropped again. So for future reference, use the "Symbol of avarice" as well as everything else (may still have been coincidence).

1000G on Dark Souls @ 5.15am.
Now just the PC version to go through!
Z

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 09:50:55 BDT
Steve says:
Emilio,
Well done mate. I havnt been around or online in awhile and won't be for the forseeable future. I got a job in Eircom tech support and I have studying to do before my first exams. A busy time ahead for me. I will be picking up DS on PC seen as its on steam.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  109
Total posts:  5334
Initial post:  5 Oct 2011
Latest post:  1 Aug 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions