Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Official Amazon Football Thread - Fourth Official (No Fergie Time)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 11:29:11 BDT
RAB says:
He was Capello's assistant with England, and he's been Roma's director of football for a couple seasons. As far as I understand, his job is dealing with all the technical bits of managing the club, ie negotiating transfers, contracts, that sort of thing, leaving AVB to focus on coaching the team. That means he'll have some say on the players coming in but I imagine AVB will still have some input.

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 11:30:38 BDT
Bozz says:
Forest away then QPR at home for us to start, throw in a cup game against last seasons beaten finalists inbetween

Nice and easy then......

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 12:53:10 BDT
OK so been AWOL for a while with Download and what not. Just read through a gazillion posts and can't be arsed responding to ones I would normally have.

Congrats on the new thread, good work on first post Dave, did make me lol.

Ant: Ever Banega is a quality player, would be a superb signing for you, but may be a replacement for Schneiderlin, which I doubt you would be happy with.

Newcastle lol

Mike Ashley really knows how to run a business but has no clue about a football team. I wonder if now that they've collected their TV money, he wants the parachute payments too?

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 13:18:06 BDT
RAB says:
A UK-based consortium has launched a takeover bid for Hearts, Eric Lichaj has signed for Forest and Aberdeen have signed Calvin Zola from Burton.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 13:33:56 BDT
Hope you enjoyed Download Bri. Mick seemed to enjoy himself, particularly Maiden.

Cheers Bri, I assume you were flattered at the resemblance to AvB. Speaking of which, Does anyone who's on the list believe they're more fitting as another football personality? Or someone not on the list even and believe themselves a worthy regular to be on the list?

Would Saints sell Schneiderlin? He was one of there best players last season and one of the fans favourites.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 13:36:50 BDT
RAB says:
"Or someone not on the list even and believe themselves a worthy regular to be on the list?"

For example, Dave consulted me on a couple, and neither of us could find one for Andy, so if you've got a suggestion mate, go for it.

I'd also say Lee deserves to be on there too. Gab Marcotti perhaps, he seems to know a lot about continental football.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 13:41:58 BDT
I think mine was quite fitting.

Tip (Stimpy) jumps in every so oftern, i would compare him to Sournes (sp?) appears on tv without warning and sprouts his opinions and isn't seen for a while again... :D

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 13:42:14 BDT
RAB says:
"Carlton Cole's agent says the former West Ham striker is weighing up an offer from an unnamed Premier League club."

Tomorrow:

"Newcastle Director of Football Joe Kinnear announces the signing of striker Carling Colt."

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 13:42:48 BDT
RAB says:
He's also a United fan so Souness might not be the best one. :P Dwight Yorke perhaps?

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 13:43:00 BDT
Datolite says:
I could be Peter Odemwingie...though he intentionally alienated people.

Like the title of the thread though :)

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 13:44:31 BDT
Which is why i mentioned it....i like to get the best reaction.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 13:46:35 BDT
Ryan I actually wouldn't put it past them to bid for Cole. After all JFK did say they were in need of a striker.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 13:47:28 BDT
"Ant: Ever Banega is a quality player, would be a superb signing for you, but may be a replacement for Schneiderlin, which I doubt you would be happy with."

Not entirely, no. Have swotted up on Banega since I posted that and it seems he's too similar to Schneiderlin to have both in front of the defence. We need Cork in there to balance it. I'd certainly be gutted if Schneiderlin went. As many plaudits as he's starting to receive, I still believe he's under-rated.

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 13:58:55 BDT
RAB says:
Hearts have gone into administration.

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 14:02:37 BDT
ScottishfootballLol.

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 14:22:33 BDT
Bozz says:
Hearts Broke

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 14:22:39 BDT
I have no opinion on that.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 14:24:07 BDT
Dion Dublin mate cheers

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 14:24:31 BDT
Lol Bozz!

Jose on Chelsea's first game Hull:
'Starting the season at home is a great way for our supporters to show the players they are ready to be behind the team all the way, and at the same time it is a great way for the players to show how much they are motivated and committed,' Mourinho says.

'I am so happy to start at the Bridge, but at the same time Hull City is a team who were promoted from the Championship and they will have that spirit, even if now they are in the Premier League. So it is an emotional but a hard start.

'I wish every club well for the season and I especially hope we can all make it a great competition for Premier League fans all around the world.'

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 14:31:38 BDT
RAB says:
"I especially hope we can all make it a great competition for Premier League fans all around the world."

No he doesn't. What he wants is to build up a 15-point lead as soon as possible that he can then coast on whilst focussing on Europe.

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 14:38:36 BDT
RAB says:
Andy Carroll has signed a six-year contract at West Ham, who have paid a club record fee.

And Sunderland have signed David Moberg Karlsson from Gothenburg according to Sky Sources.

I love Sky Sources. Especially the tomato ones.

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 15:12:04 BDT
RAB says:
From the "other" site.

"Quick question here, what happens to Danny Wilson who left Liverpool to go to Hearts on a fee transfer last month. Will he have to return to us as officially the transfer window does not open till the 1st July. Interesting one with the club now in administration."

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 15:21:41 BDT
I'm guessing that L'pool agreed to cancel his contract under mutural agreement, So he can sign for Hearts. He's basically a free agent now i would guess, so he'll be at the job centre tomorrow, unless someone else wants him.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 15:22:07 BDT
Who cares I am Neil warnock.

The Man I actually hate more than anyone else in Football. this is giving me a complex, I hate myself

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2013 15:26:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 Jun 2013 15:27:08 BDT
Joey Kinnera passed up on Andy Carrol because he didn't want any Carrol singers this Xmas.
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

This discussion

Participants:  60
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  17 Jun 2013
Latest post:  24 Apr 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions