Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Off Topic - good TV shows

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 7 Dec 2010 15:25:45 GMT
Trigger says:
Anyone watching Misfits? I think it's brilliant; I've enjoyed every episode so far, and I think the actors playing the main cast are really good and convincing (especially Kelly). It's overtaken Being Human as my favourite TV show since Life on Mars.

Posted on 7 Dec 2010 15:52:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Dec 2010 17:58:49 GMT
Tel, I'm really enjoying Misfits as well. I wasn't too sure about it when it first started, but am really into it now. Always entertaining, and Nathan always makes me laugh.

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 10:56:04 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Mar 2011 10:56:59 GMT
Max says:
Thought a bit of necromancy never goes amiss on this forum, and haven't done it myself before, so here goes... *kiss of life to old thread*

I was wondering whether anyone has watched the channel 4 program called The Promise [Blu-ray] [2011]. Is meant to be really impressive and moving stuff. Is all about the struggle in the middle east. Just bought it on blu-ray. Well worth a gander.

If you are a fan of the legend that is David Attenborough and nature type programs, Human Planet [Blu-ray] [2010] is in a similar vein, and some of the shots are truly breath taking.

Anyone been watching anything good lately?

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 11:34:20 GMT
On a similar documentary theme, I am about to start watching 'The Ascent of Man'

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_17?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=the+ascent+of+man&sprefix=the+ascent+of+man

Also amazed the American Office is still funny after seven years. Caught the first couple of spisode of Mad Dogs, its ok but I am now two episodes behind and not that bothered. Other than that there isn't really anything being broadcast at the moment I want to watch.

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 13:56:37 GMT
I meant to dig this out after I watched Justified on one of channel fives other channels. It's about a US Marshall who is reassigned to Louisiana(where he grew up) due to his wild west type attitude to drawing his gun. The lead character is played by Timothy Oliphant( he was in Deadwood, and a more recently Die Hard 4 and the Hitman film) very enjoyable easy to watch show with a good support cast.

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 14:17:09 GMT
Tim says:
Great show, i was following it until i got a few episodes behind and was a little lost.

I have also convinced myself Timothy Olypant voices the lead character in the new Deus Ex but not sure if it's true.

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 14:29:11 GMT
"Great show, i was following it until i got a few episodes behind and was a little lost. "

That's a shame the end was bloody good, and it got picked up for a second season.

Also have to throw this one out if anyone had seen Flight Of The Conchords on BBC4? It was a comedy with musical interludes following the attempts of New Zealands third most popular folk comedy duo's attempts to crack the American music. First season was very good.

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 14:47:36 GMT
Watching 24 season 2 atm. Never seen any of the series so far and I watched season 1 in a matter of days - loved it. Not as impressed by season 2 so far (I'm 5 eps from the end) - still enjoying it but the scenes with Kim Bauer are painful to watch as she's not the best actress and some of the circumstances she finds herself in are soo unbelievable

Californication season 3 was brilliant. It's one of those shows where I expect the quality will suddenly plummet (I call it 'doing an Earl') but it has upheld the brilliance thus far

Just finished Lost so now I have time for a new show but I'm not sure what. Maybe I'll start Alias, or maybe I'll try one of the other shows people have mentioned

Must resist another return to Twin Peaks....

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 14:58:47 GMT
Paul season 2 of 24 was probably the poorest for the reasons mentioned. Californication is superb, and truly hope it doesn't do an Earl that was painful.

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 19:03:42 GMT
mightystevo says:
Sons of Anarchy season 1-2&3 not going to shout about how good it is just suggest you guys watch it.
Me I'm watching them all over again.

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 20:13:36 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Mar 2011 20:15:21 GMT
Hunter says:
These are the Shows I like -

Lost
Battlestar Galactica
X-Files
Prison Break
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Red Dwarf
The Sopranos
Band of Brothers (Blu-Ray)
A Town Called Eureka
Dexter
House

Having looked at my list I realise only Doctor Who, Torchwood and Red Dwarf are from the UK. We just don't make decent enough TV for me to get into.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2011 21:12:20 GMT
i feel the need to defend british tv
blackadder
father ted
black books
green wing
hustle
waking the dead
silent witness
spaced
to name but a few, obviously this is just my opinion...

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 21:25:36 GMT
mightystevo says:
Just a few to add with Alex :
Cracker
Frost
Prime Suspect
all cop dramas but good ones

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 22:06:42 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Mar 2011 22:07:28 GMT
The Cops,
Traffic,
The Singing Detective,
Pennies From Heaven
Lipstick On Your Collar,
Secret Army,
Rising Damp,
Likely Lads/Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads,
Fall And Rise Of Reginnald Perrin,
Abigails Party,
Out,
Outlaws,
Law and Order (1978),
Public Eye,
Callan,
Hearts and Minds,
Chronicles of Narnia,
Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit,
Dads Army,
Hancock,
Any TV show with Steve Coogan,
Sandbaggers,
League of Gentleman,
Brasseye,
Jam,
Jaaaaammmm,

To name but a few more.

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 22:15:44 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Mar 2011 22:16:54 GMT
Hunter says:
I have seen a few of those but didn't really like them that much.
I did however like Bottom (went to see it live Tours 2 and 3) and Absolutely Fabulous.
I also like Top Gear and went to watch it live in November last year at Earl's Court :) If you like TG and get the chance to go and see it I would recommend it.
So that's 3 more from the UK :)

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 22:25:37 GMT
weren't jam and jaaaaaaammmmmmm the same show?
jaaaaaammmm just had odd effects over the top of the regular show like warping the eyes or the picture being the size of a postage stamp

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 22:57:49 GMT
Jaaaammmm was a "remix" of Jam!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Mar 2011 00:44:50 GMT
PSN: decky87 says:
Aint been on here in ages due to final year uni and watching some great tv shows. Finished The Wire few weeks ago. Great show, slow to get into things but good on building up the characters and soo realistic. Started watching Dexter the other day and on season 3 already. Just can't get enough of it at the minute. If you havent seen it yet, give it a go. The Sopranos would be my favorite though of all the shows ive seen with 24 trailing behind. Although Dexter is giving them a good run for their money. Also good to see they're starting to make a 6th season soon. Long may they make them.

Posted on 14 Mar 2011 07:03:15 GMT
Dexter just gets better Decky.

Posted on 14 Mar 2011 09:46:28 GMT
AndyBSG says:
Only shows that I try to keep up to date on really are:

Smallville - Erica Durance and Laura Vandevoort... Enough said!

V - Good but not a patch on the original 80's one.

The Walking Dead - Excellent show and nice to see Andrew Lincoln, one of my favourite actors, hit it big in the US.

Fringe - A less rubbish version of X Files.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Mar 2011 13:50:07 GMT
PSN: decky87 says:
Thats what i like to hear Dave

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Mar 2011 13:57:06 GMT
Spin says:
Malcolm in the Middle: A genuine rival to the Simpsons.

Posted on 14 Mar 2011 14:00:36 GMT
^ LOL

Posted on 14 Mar 2011 17:37:50 GMT
I don't really watch much TV but the shows that I am tuned in for include;
Being Human, Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother, Malcolm in the Middle(Reruns, one of my favourite shows of all time) and Scrubs/Friends every now and then.

Posted on 14 Mar 2011 17:58:21 GMT
Trigger says:
Anyone a fan of Two and a Half Men? Ha ha; Charlie Sheen you arse.
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 58 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  146
Total posts:  1450
Initial post:  5 Nov 2009
Latest post:  26 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions