Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Yodel are the worst courier ever

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 195 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Nov 2011 17:56:25 GMT
R. Moore says:
I was expecting a delivery yesterday and saw that it was poded as left in front porch last night @ 19.15pm......Complete lies as I was in all night......I conatcted Amazon and they said to wait until the 02/12/11 and if it still hasn't arrived they would replace the goods. This is not the point as it has been fraudently updated by the courier as being delivered. How do they get away with this as a courier?? This is not my first experience with Yodel......Everyone should refuse all parcels being delivered by Yodel until they get their act together...............

Posted on 25 Nov 2011 17:59:57 GMT
CalumMc92 says:
I experienced the same thing before, was waiting all day for it to be delivered and it never arrived, checked the website and it said they attempted delivery but no-one was in.

Posted on 25 Nov 2011 18:07:08 GMT
H. Kelly says:
Yodel are unbelievable, i bought an internet router and got a mountain bike sitting outside my door, for a completely different address.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2011 18:23:18 GMT
Simo says:
Id have kept the bike.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2011 18:39:23 GMT
H. Kelly says:
lol tempting but i ended up delivery the bike myself as the address was close, I'm officially better than yodel

Posted on 25 Nov 2011 18:52:59 GMT
Liam says:
I ordered some jewellery not using amazon and selected for a morning delivery.

The woman from Yodel turned up at 3pm two days running when there was no one in. I contacted her and she said she only did deliveries in the afternoon as she had another job in the morning.

100% the worst courier service I have come across.

Posted on 25 Nov 2011 18:59:49 GMT
MF says:
I hate singing in the swiss alps

Posted on 25 Nov 2011 19:18:57 GMT
I've only had Yodel deliver items to me twice, but both times I wasn't in so they left the parcel either on the backdoor step or with my neighbour.

Posted on 25 Nov 2011 20:18:24 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 25 Nov 2011 20:26:32 GMT
Gareth R says:
Here is a story to do with video games, Yodel lost my Xbox 360 bundle and wouldn't even except it was last till two weeks later, they kept telling me oh no its not lost it will come tomorrow 4 different times on four days!

Posted on 25 Nov 2011 20:26:52 GMT
CalumMc92 says:
Show us the "Talk about Couriers" forum and we'll leave.

Posted on 25 Nov 2011 20:28:30 GMT
I had some books delivered by them earlier with no issues - admittedly the first time I've had something from them, but no issues for me.

Posted on 25 Nov 2011 20:49:57 GMT
I just got a delivery today from them. Was going to tell them to do one as i thought they were going to offer to tarmac my driveway...

Posted on 25 Nov 2011 22:04:38 GMT
There you go:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_ttp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxJDNP8ZT4910I&cdThread=Tx386RBWWBTFABV

Or
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_ac?ie=UTF8&nodeId=492868

Or
Delivery discussions / all

Posted on 26 Nov 2011 21:13:53 GMT
I have had a problem today with Yodel. They claim that they delivered the book, but in fact left it with a neighbour who only lives there part of the time and so I have no way of checking if it is actually there and if it is, when I might be able to get it. The card said two different things, ticking the box for me call for delivery advice and ticking the box telling me where it had been left. I called the number on the card and got a man who was singularly uninterested and couldn't care. As far as he was concerned the parcel was out of his hands and he's got paid for delivering it. Can anyone tell me if Amazon are now going to use couriers full time for their deliveries? If so, then I will not be buying any more from them, other than things which are delivered over the internet like Kindle and music. I cannot be doing with the hassle of couriers and would rather pay more from somewhere else in order to get things delivered by royal mail.

Posted on 28 Nov 2011 08:41:01 GMT
I should know better than to click one of your links Monkos.

I've had two poor experiences with Yodel (or City Link, as I believe they used to be).

The most recent one is where they were delivering my new PC. I paid extra for Saturday delivery before 12. At half 12 I checked my tracking number and it said it had already been delivered - at 9am.

I tried to call the company, but a recorded message informed me they were closed. It was a bank holiday weekend so they weren't open until Tuesday. I was convinced it had been lost, until it arrived at my door at half past 6 that evening.

The delivery driver who brought it to me is the same driver who seems to bring everything, regardless of who the delivery company is. I suspect these drivers work patches and just collect and deliver parcels for these companies whilst not being in their employ. As soon as the 'white van' man takes the parcel from their depot they mark it as 'delivered' on their database.

I made a complaint to the company that they had not met the terms of deliverin before 12 and that their marking my product as delivered 9 hours before actually delivering it led me to spend an afternoon believing over a grands worth of gear had been lost. They didn't even bother responding.

Posted on 14 Dec 2011 22:06:26 GMT
E. J. Bales says:
Yodel has to be the worst delivery company in the country, more chance of receiving my delivery on time if I'd ordered it from planet Zarg! Tried to track my parcel online but apparently it doesn't exist.

Posted on 15 Dec 2011 10:15:52 GMT
AndyBSG says:
I remember Yodel/HDNL being on Watchdog around this time last year and some of the stories on there were shocking to say the least. They actually had CCTV footage of one driver knocking on a door and getting no answer so he just threw the package over the 6 foot high side gate.

The main problem is that Yodel actually sub contract a lot of their work out to independent drivers.

Also, Amazon are actually looking into a system at the moment where you can choose your delivery firm on checkout(though I suspect the Free Super saver deliveries will be excluded)

Posted on 15 Dec 2011 10:16:50 GMT
Matt Whitby says:
Yodel are awful and hugely damage Amazon's credibility.

Posted on 15 Dec 2011 10:23:42 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Dec 2011 10:24:19 GMT
I had a bit of bother with Yodel a couple of weeks back.

They had apparantly attempted 2 deliveries but had not left a card or anything.
Pretty much every time I called them the phone was engaged, and the couple of times I did get through the line went dead shortly after.

I contacted Amazon and they were very helpful, they re-posted the order out to my work address via royal mail.

Posted on 15 Dec 2011 12:07:29 GMT
Sir Rodders says:
Had my first Yodel delivery yesterday.

It was a cardboard Amazon carton containing a hardback book and a bluray.

We weren't in when Yodel arrived.

In their wisdom Yodel decided to put the carton in a secure location at my home.

That secure location was shoving it under the side gate onto the path at the side of my house.

Nice weather we've been having of late. Especially if your a cardboard carton containing non waterproof items.

Good luck Amazon. You chose poorly.

Posted on 15 Dec 2011 12:16:41 GMT
Same happened to me Rodders. They could have left it with the neighbours but they left the cardboard box with Game of thrones book set, behind the bin, on the wet floor, in the pissing rain. Good job it wasnt bin day otherwise it would have gone!

Posted on 15 Dec 2011 15:12:04 GMT
Steve says:
Yeh nice service they give. They left my wife,s new Amazon Kindle i had bought her in the safest place possible: On the floor outside my front door in view of everyone and open to the elements. I rang amazon to complain and all they could say was " You got your parcel whats the problem" other than that cant complain :(

Posted on 15 Dec 2011 15:22:00 GMT
Yodel have had a parcel of mine at their depot for nearly 3 weeks now. First they told me it was in the delivery van on the 2nd dec, then on the 3rd when I called them they tried the old "sorry can't find your details, are you sure you have a parcel with us". After contacting the company I ordered from they themselves took nearly 10 days to finally tell me today that yodel have likely misplaced the package as they have no record of it.

They offered me a free replacement and I laughed and said "what so yodel can lose another one". Got a full refund instead.

Posted on 15 Dec 2011 15:59:26 GMT
Ashley says:
One of my mates posted on Facebook that they once delivered a £100 moniter and just left it in a bush. :P
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  100
Total posts:  195
Initial post:  25 Nov 2011
Latest post:  2 Mar 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions