Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

A day in the life of Connor Kenway.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 76 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Nov 2012 09:17:48 GMT
kirk says:
Here is my gameranx piece for AC3. No spoilers http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/10722/article/assassin-s-creed-3-death-in-davenport/

Posted on 14 Nov 2012 11:44:47 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 14 Nov 2012 11:44:54 GMT]

Posted on 14 Nov 2012 13:28:38 GMT
jonnyh207 says:
Not sure why everyone is marking this down, I thought it was a good read Kirk.

Posted on 14 Nov 2012 14:30:22 GMT
Hunter says:
Hi kirk. Nice article and well put together. Seems like only a select few appreciate the time and effort you put into your work. As for the rest well.... Fcuk em.

Posted on 14 Nov 2012 20:25:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Nov 2012 20:25:40 GMT
As much as I enjoy this forum, it's not a welcoming community for self-promotion - even when people are delivering stuff that they think the community will enjoy.

Hence why I have been writing for a year and have only ever posted links here twice....

Posted on 14 Nov 2012 21:03:55 GMT
kirk says:
Thanks guys. I'm not really bothered what they think, if they get their kicks that way, good on them, must be really fun people. As for those that did take the time to read it, thanks a lot. If a few people enjoy my work then I'm a happy man.

Posted on 14 Nov 2012 22:54:16 GMT
jonnyh207 says:
It's interesting that people often post links to game reviews etc. and that's ok, but as Kirk posted a link to his own work he gets marked down?

This forum can be a strange place sometimes

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 08:02:47 GMT
"This forum can be a strange place sometimes"

Agreed you post here Jonny!

Good work Kirk!

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 08:13:30 GMT
... says:
Kirk, the problem with a lot of the posters around here is that they think this place is a private members club and you have to earn your right to be part of the `community', the way I see it you earned the right to post here like all of us when you actually bought something of Amazon. On top of that unlike some of the people who are no doubt marking you down you actually play games with people from here instead of swanning around all day talking utter boring BS. Pay no attention to the marking down, only a moron would let it bother them.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 08:14:59 GMT
Wayne says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 08:22:48 GMT
Wayne,

Kirk regularly games with the a few of us on the PS3 thread and is part of the regulars on Twitter, talking about games and other things.

He has as much right to post on here as anyone else. As you point out you don't need to read his threads but to say he isn't an active member of this forum is tosh. Lastly it's a public gaming forum and he is linking gaming related material so why is that a problem?

Don't want to start any arguments on here as genuinely haven't got the time to post often anymore and respect others opinions but the elitism can sometimes be stupid on these forums.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 08:46:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Nov 2012 08:50:32 GMT
Who cares about the reasons why people use the forum. Whether it's to just chat about gaming, meet people to game with, or newcomers that post a link to an innocent but relevant article about gaming, even if they've written it. It's all relevant. There are no rules here except to be respectful and not to promote for financial gain. As far as I'm aware. Live and let live. And as said kirk has posted many times and even if he didn't who cares really.

And as the humongous great Nessy once said. If you don't like them put them on ignore or feed them deep fried mars bars until they can take no more.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 09:34:29 GMT
Sir Rodders says:
I have read some of Kirks other stuff and its pretty decent. Doesn't seem to be asking us for anything else other than to look at his work. No problems there.

I probably won't read this link to be fair as I don't want to read an article about a bloke who walks a bout a bit and talks to some people before posting a letter and upsetting redcoats by doing nothing in particular. Which is a typical day for Connor Kenway sadly.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 11:09:43 GMT
Bunny says:
Rodders, best AC3 review ever. lol

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2012 11:54:03 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Nov 2012 11:54:36 GMT
Hunter says:
"Kirk seems to wanna take from this forum and never give back"

"If I see kirk posting I'll not read any of his links unless I see him be an active member of this forum. If he doesn't want to be an active member then as far as I'm concerned he can jog on!"

That is the sort of "regular" comment that stops people posting. You seem to think because you post more than once a month or whatever you OWN this place and anyone else who doesn't isn't welcome. Unless I'm mistaken this is a free forum where people can post what they want, when they want and as infrequently or infrequently as they choose.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2012 12:13:54 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Nov 2012 12:17:29 GMT
AndyBSG says:
"but to say he isn't an active member of this forum is tosh."

I've never seen him post on here other than to advertise his reviews and it seems i'm not the only one who has that view.

Fair enough, some of you guys may know him from in games or on Twitter but the majority of people only know him from what they see of him on here which is just threads advertising.

I could also point out that i've seen many of the people on here who are defending Kirk's advertising actually doing no different to what the people they are criticising have done in objecting to someone who only seems to use the forum to advertise.

I can dig out threads from not too long ago when someone who had never posted on this forum before posted an advert for his clan(I think he was trying to pre-recruit for Blops 2 IIRC) and was negged and flamed to oblivion for daring to do it which is no different to what Wayne is doing IMO.

My view is simple, Kirk has the right to post his advertising on here if he wants(although I'm sure Amazon have something in their posting guidelines against advertising) but everyone else here has just as much right to object to him using the forum to do nothing but advertise.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 12:14:47 GMT
I don't know what most people think the situation with freelancers and writers for smaller sites is, but we generally don't get paid other than nominal amounts and put a hell of a lot of time and effort into what we do. We do it because we have a genuine passion for gaming and want to share and discuss our thoughts and opinions with others - and isn't that what this forum is all about?

There is absolutely no benefit to us in posting links up here, financial or otherwise. We post because we know you like games and want to share our passion with others who feel the same. For that, we are branded as show-offs and shameless self-promoters.

You can follow the links if you want or you can ignore them if you don't, but there is no need to be a douche and have a go at someone just for sharing something that they have spent their own free time working on purely to try and inform and/or entertain people.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2012 12:26:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Nov 2012 12:28:14 GMT
... says:
Who are you referring to Andy? I remember that thread as my stance was exactly the same then as it is now.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 12:38:13 GMT
Bunny says:
"my stance was exactly the same then as it is now."

Sat at a computer at work contemplating lunch?

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 12:44:33 GMT
I think Andy is right about advertising being against forum rules - pretty sure that change in the rules is why the Clan threads are no longer 'Announcement' threads and aren't permanently on the first page of the forum anymore (despite the fact that, to my knowledge, none of those threads actually advertise anything).

However, if what kirk is doing is against forum rules, then it's up to Amazon to enforce those rules - not forum regulars. Like others, I personally am not bothered with what kirk is doing.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 12:53:54 GMT
Post a link yes, dedicate a thread to that link no. That IMO is why the negs are there, wasn't there an AC3 thread already going? Why not post it there, can imagine it would go down pretty well. I didn't read the link because of the flippin pop up ads that suddenly killed my scabby works xp computer :D. Don't let negs bother you though, I regularly am 'marked down' even when I'm asking a relevant question, doesn't mean I won't keep asking! :D (oh and Wayne, perhaps the fact that some of the 'regulars' can be pretty nasty and quite condescending at times is what stops people from becoming 'regulars' in the first place.)

Now... Get pressing that no button -------->

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2012 12:59:18 GMT
RAB says:
Aye but you're a nob who wants to stick posters up all over the forum anyway. :P

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2012 13:28:15 GMT
Your mum would disagree, the posters are all in her bedroom XD.
She would however agree that yes, I am a nob.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2012 15:35:56 GMT
Nessy says:
"And as the humongous great Nessy once said."

Your GF been telling tales about me again R ? ;).

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2012 15:40:21 GMT
Ignore wayne, I do.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  26
Total posts:  76
Initial post:  14 Nov 2012
Latest post:  17 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions