Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

where are all the vita games?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Feb 2013 12:21:22 GMT
There's a few vita games coming soon, not many mind. But Amazon has very few to pre-order. Killzone mercenary looks great but no pre-order option? Come on Amazon, have you given up on Vita sales.

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 12:28:07 GMT
Items are listed by zon as soon as thier supplies are confirmed - this is all.

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 12:30:16 GMT
J-Bear says:
You Charlie :)

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 12:46:41 GMT
djburty says:
vita games don't get early pre-orders on amazon - even if they have confirmed release dates, like soul sacrifice. i'm not sure i understand why because you can pre-order games like The Last Guardian, which doesn't even have a release year :) amazon doesn't always wait until the supplies are confirmed as i've pre-ordered a few games where they said they'd email me when the product gets a release date.

perhaps because the vita has a smaller user base then competition with other online stores isn't that important so they don't need customers' commitment to pre-ordering games.

you just have to keep checking to see when a game is listed.

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 15:28:30 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Feb 2013 15:28:54 GMT
AdamD says:
yeah, soul sacrifice has pre order bonuses aswell, perhaps they just need to get confirmation that they can offer the bonuses? i dont know, but still, i always get excited when i see new games on amazon because it feels like it's almost time :)

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2013 20:08:44 GMT
Matthew says:
There's not much really announced as coming for the Vita yet.

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 21:14:15 GMT
Over 50 games for 2013 announced for vita - bound to be more to

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 21:35:29 GMT
djburty says:
i'm sure i posted a list of upcoming vita games on the vita thread :) i'll list (again) the ones i am looking forward to.

ninja gaiden sigma 2
sly cooper 4
R&C qforce
rainbow moon
tearaway
soul sacrifice
killzone mercenaries
dragon's crown
phantasy star online 2

that's just for starters as i'm sure there's some i've forgotten & others that haven't been announced

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2013 22:58:53 GMT
Matthew says:
Over 50 games? Seriously? Impressive if true. I haven't seen much on the upcoming release schedule.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2013 23:10:15 GMT
Burty posted them on the vita thread mate.

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 00:33:24 GMT
djburty says:
here's the list again:

Killzone - Mercenary
Tearaway (TBA 2013)
Gods Eater 2
Dead or Alive 5+
Ninja Gaiden - Sigma 2+
Sly Cooper - Thieves in Time (5 February 2013 US, 27 February 2013 EU)
Soul Sacrifice (TBA 2013)
Ratchet and Clank - Full Frontal Assault (January 2013)
Rainbow Moon
History Legends of War - Patton's Campaign (TBA 2013)
Earth Defence Force 2017 Portable (TBA 2013)
Warriors Lair (TBA 2013)
Oddworld - Munch's Oddyssee HD (TBA 2013)
Zone of the Enders HD collection (TBA)
Dragon's Crown (TBA 2013)
Phantasy Star Online 2 (TBA)
Guacamelee! (Q1 2013)
Urban Trial Freestyle (Q1 2013)
Zombie Tycoon 2 - Brainhov's Revenge (TBA 2013)
The Binding of Isaac - Rebirth (TBA 2013)
Sniper - Ghost Warrior 2 (TBA 2013)
Let's Fish! Hooked On (TBA 2013)
Lone Survivor (TBA 2013)
Dragon's Racing (TBA 2013)
Dragon Fantasy Book 2 (TBA 2013)
MLB 13 The Show (5 March 2013)
Madden 14
Snapshot
Kickbeat
Rocketbirds:Hardboiled Chicken
Rocketbirds Sequel
Vtrax
Pub Games
Demon Gaze(Japan)
Tales of Heart R(Japan)
Guilty Gear XX accent Core Plus R
Final Fantasy X HD
Muramas:The Demon Blade
Over My Dead Body sequel(Japan)
Toukiden(Japan)
Valhalla Knights 3(Japan)
Starlight:Inception
Atelier Torori Plus(Japan)
Egg "n" roll
Great little War game
Holy Sorcery Story(Japan)
Monster Monpiece(Japan)
One Piece Pirate Warrior 2
Orc Attack
Steins:Gate(Japan)

some are japan-only and some i doubt we'll see out this year and a couple are already here.

i'm also looking forward to warrior's lair & god eater 2

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 07:22:23 GMT
Pirate Warriors 2 is Japan only I believe. They've only confirmed it to be coming out on the PS3 over here.

It's a damn shame that if you get rid of the ports, the Japan only stuff, and the multiplatform games there's not really a huge amount coming out. I really hope Tales of Hearts comes out (even if it's supposed to be worse than the DS version of it.) in the US so I can import it in.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2013 08:12:10 GMT
Matthew says:
Tales of Hearts R isn't even out in Japan yet, hard to judge based on a demo. It looks like they've essentially remade the game for the Vita. Tales of Innocence R is another we'l likely never see too.

Anyway thanks for posting that list Burty, haven't a clue how many will come out here though. Valhalla Knights 3 will probably be grabbed by XSeed or something.

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 08:19:08 GMT
Thanks for these lists. There's loads coming out. Look at the Amazon coming soon for Vita and theres 2 games listed. Bit disappointing. I like to add to my wishlist so my wife knows what to get me. Nothing vita this birthday then :(

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 09:31:09 GMT
djburty says:
mr chaplin - sometimes you can find a pre-order by searching for the game - for instance, ninja gaiden sigma 2 isn't on the coming soon list, but is available for pre-order.

Posted on 5 Feb 2013 18:18:14 GMT
they are switching focus with the vita now its pretty clear to me, i said they should focus on japan and that is what it looks like they are doing to be honest.

They need to break japan then bring the games to us, its the only way because the west is not buying vita sadly so we need to see how vita performs in japan then we should see games being localised until then its not going to be over exciting.

Posted on 5 Feb 2013 19:48:19 GMT
Avatouir says:
Where's my Vita? :(

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 08:28:45 GMT
AdamD says:
actually the vita is selling worst in Japan, (out of the big three, being North America, europe and Japan.)

America and europe both have roughly 200,000 more units sold than japan, each.
However this year, with soul sacrifice, killzone, and phantasy star coming out, Japan and the west are in for a treat.

Then theres god eater 2 and ninja gaiden, don't know about anyone else but all these titles are must buys for me, i just hope phantasy star and god eater get localised. I think god eater will but phantasy star might not...

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 08:55:07 GMT
djburty says:
Phantasy star portable 1 & 2 were localised for the psp so I'm hopeful that phantasy star online 2 will also be localised.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 09:07:05 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2013 09:07:52 GMT
AdamD says:
I really hope it will. This one is free to play, and has crossplatform play with pc aswell.
...want...

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 09:15:50 GMT
Matthew says:
It will be as they're bringing the PC edition over. I heard the Vita edition comes with a load of bonus stuff for the game as it's essentially the paid edition despite being free to play.

I get the impression that Phantasy Star Online 2 on the PC will be free to download when its out in English with a cash shop component, and the Vita edition will likely be a set fee like 20 for the physical release and for that you get random stuff ingame, likely through a code redemption.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 09:28:00 GMT
AdamD says:
From what i've read, the game in japan will be free to download. Any payments that you make are to unlock in game items etc

I don't know about retail though... there may not even be one.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 09:57:31 GMT
Matthew says:
Some import sites are listing a boxed edition of the game for Japan with bonus items etc.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 10:47:35 GMT
AdamD says:
Ah yes you're right. Just checked Amazon.jp and did one of those poor translations offered by google and it says (roughly) that there are bonus items, like you said.
costumes, weapons, items, music and in game money i believe.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 11:13:40 GMT
The state of Vita currently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9McGKrxOnB8
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  3 Feb 2013
Latest post:  26 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions