Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

PS4 controller question

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Dec 2013 13:54:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Dec 2013 13:57:32 GMT
The battery on the PS4 runs down really fast imo. A brand new DS3 seemed to last for ages once fully charged. So I presume it has to do with extra functions that the DS4 is doing. I've turned off the vibration function in games but I was wondering if it's possible to turn off the light and any unnecessary functions to save on battery life?

Also is it possible to charge the controller off an Xperia plug charger?

Posted on 27 Dec 2013 14:41:21 GMT
John Morris says:
Tetrominoe L (PSN hoopla10, Steam: colt_ture),

You are not kidding mate I charged it up before I even turned my Ps4 on and paired the controller,I then played Need for speed rivals a couple of times and the pad was on it's last bettery life bar !.

That light on the back of the controller can't be helping matters it's as bright as a lighthouse. ;)

"Also is it possible to charge the controller off an Xperia plug charger?"

I can use that charger with both my Sony Mp4 player and Kindle fire,it's a really quick charger too and charges them both in around a quarter of the time it takes plugged into a USB socket.

Posted on 27 Dec 2013 14:44:19 GMT
John Morris says:
I had the same issue with the Wii U gamepad as you were lucky if you got three hours out of it,but you can at least buy an extended battery which gives you around 6 hours use,to be fair however it is running a 6 inch screen.

The Wii U pro controller on the other hand lasts a whopping 50-60 hours off a single charge. ;)

Posted on 27 Dec 2013 15:13:53 GMT
After my initial liking of the DS4 I'm finding a few niggles. The main one being battery time. But also in COD the analogue sticks or something feel really sluggish. I've tried jacking the setting right up but being able to flick left and right to look still feels too slow. The whole ability to push a little on the analogue stick and you'll move forward slowly and push fully forward you'll move faster is utterly pointless imo if you then got to push/click down on the stick to run.

Posted on 28 Dec 2013 12:19:43 GMT
I use my samsung phone charger to charge my controller when I am playing and charging at the same time

Posted on 29 Dec 2013 16:40:11 GMT
It won't be long until the power source is people just like The Matrix. Maybe we are all in a video game anyway, sometimes it feels like it!

Posted on 29 Dec 2013 17:26:26 GMT
BEN TENNYSON says:
Are there any 3rd party ps4 controllers that last longer on a single charge?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2013 18:56:36 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Dec 2013 18:57:14 GMT
Hopefully China will come up with an adapter to let us use the PS3 controller as it outperforms the DS4 in all departments.Oh and can I mention Dice & BF4 ? you can't flip the fire/frag/aim/spot buttons ...and thats a big trick to teach an old dog-the constant freezing is fixed though.Play and charge it is .

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2013 21:57:29 GMT
Yeah I've had problems with not being able to flip those buttons. I find it ridiculous in this day and age we can't map the buttons ourselves. PC gamers can map their controls and yet we're given a couple of presets. It seems such a simple bit of code, but no, we still can't do it. I'd much rather that than a light at the back of the controller that's continually draining the battery even though I have no use for it. Out of curiosity does the more times you charge the battery reduce its life?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  27 Dec 2013
Latest post:  29 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions