Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

PS4 Announcement Possible for February 20th

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 94 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Feb 2013 01:43:43 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
Could be another one of Sony's trollings, like with the PS All Stars trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-3GMHIgR-U

Shall have to wait and see.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 01:44:43 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
All seems a bit too much for anything other than a PS4 to me

https://us.playstation.com/meeting2013/

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 02:48:26 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Feb 2013 02:50:22 GMT
J-Bear says:
Me too. They tend to do the opposite of everything they say as well and only last week they were saying they wouldn't be going first, they'd be going best, after seeing what microsoft had.

They demolished the Dreamcast by showing off what to wait for with the ps2, and people did. I wonder if they are hoping for a similar scenario with the WiiU.

I am surprised I am genuinely excited. Happy Days : )

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 03:40:05 GMT
Looks something big, colour me excited.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 07:45:25 GMT
Nick. says:
I saw this last night, I am so hyped! I can't wait to see it, be it good or bad.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 07:55:56 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Feb 2013 07:59:30 GMT
AstroMonkey says:
It's going to get SPECtacular around here on the 21st. Think I'll go for a snooze.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2013 07:57:19 GMT
Nick. says:
It will probably be a bit like it is in Call of Duty season for a while.
It is to be expected though.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 09:02:25 GMT
PS4 will be annouced for release at end of 2013 , factor in hardware issues, supply issues , the discovery of horse meat in the HDD, we should see it about March 2015.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2013 09:27:25 GMT
HedKandi says:
lol

Exciting times for gaming :)

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 09:31:04 GMT
If it is the date that we learn about the PS4 then it'll be interesting to see how MS responds. I'll be looking forward to this date as each generation is a new start and I hold no loyalties to a brand until they release something that interests me. 2013 should prove to be a good year :)

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 10:22:53 GMT
Can anyone explain what the trailer includes? I can't watch YouTube as we don't have broadband internet on Skye yet.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 10:27:27 GMT
Its a picture of the X, Square, Circle and triangle glowing with "See the future" written on screen. Or at least thats what I read on digitalspy. I'm at work so I cant watch it either.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 10:41:08 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Feb 2013 10:41:49 GMT
Can't see the words "See the future" in the film - it starts with close ups of shiny black objects and corners which slowly reveal to be the X, square etc. It ends with a link "be the first to know" which takes you to a link asking for your bank details and passwords..only joking, it takes you to a Sony site where you can sign up to be notified by e-mail on the 20th of whatever the news is.

The video looks very hardware orientated - but this could be a giant middle finger / red herrring!

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 10:44:35 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Feb 2013 10:44:54 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
Microsoft will announce/show the next 360 at E3, they already have a countdown on Major Nelson's website ticking down to it. Very interesting that Sony's making the first move though.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 10:47:57 GMT
Ah. I'll have to watch it later. Its probably a PS3 Super-duper Slim.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 10:48:09 GMT
C. C. Brown says:
A lot of people on the Facebook page doing the same thing, assuming its PS4 and saying they will be pissed off at Sony if it isnt. Well they should be pissed off with themselves if it isnt, because its all just a case of people assuming something, and Sony has said nothing to indicate what the news will be.
Its not trolling on Sony's part, as nobody knows what it will be, so lets all calm down and stop getting over excited and wait a see what it is.
If its PS4, then fine, everyone will be happy. If its not, then nobody will feel let down that its not what they expected.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 10:49:02 GMT
Hackerdude says:
I want both consoles to be announced well before E3 so that E3 can be used purely to demo the new games/IP's coming to the next gen. Otherwise these will be overshadowed by the consoles themselves.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 10:50:16 GMT
what does it matter its coming anyway, exactly when its announced is not that exciting to me.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2013 10:53:31 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
I'm sorry but this all points to a new console, of course people will assume it is. Why would Sony make a teaser about the future for something small and insignificant? Why would they set up a dedicated press show on the 20th? I'd be annoyed more if I attended that thing and all they shown was some new PS3 games.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 10:55:06 GMT
HedKandi says:
I think its a safe bet that this will be the PS4. What else could warrant a big event like this? the specs have already been widely leaked and it has been said not long ago that the launch will be within weeks.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 11:04:21 GMT
It can't be yet another version of the PS3, there would be no point annoucning that, besides if it gets any slimmer or tackly cheap you will have to change its name to Katie Price.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 11:06:31 GMT
I was kidding. The Super Slim only came out a few months ago. And no way would a hardware revision get this much attention.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 11:12:40 GMT
J-Bear says:
I just realised I made a big mistake being excited. If my time with Sony this gen has taught me anything it's that they temper excitement with frustration and dissapointment. Probably PS4, but they will find a way for me not to want it. Download only or no rented discs, something not user friendly.
We'll see.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2013 11:12:43 GMT
I know you where mate, still 2 months is plenty of time for the Sony hardware department to think up another PS3!

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 11:16:03 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
Announcing the PS3 Go! Now you can play all your favourite PS3 games, but not all of them! And as a bonus you get to rebuy them on the PS Store for 60 each!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0xbb201678)

This discussion

Participants:  40
Total posts:  94
Initial post:  1 Feb 2013
Latest post:  7 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions