Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Question regarding ps3 Headphones

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Dec 2012 18:48:34 GMT
Hi,
I'm looking to purchase some turtle beach headphones for my ps3, mainly because it is a little loud (being a 80gb "fat model")
The ones I would be looking to purchase would be turtle beach wired p11's. I'm just not sure how I would connect them to the system. I use a HDMI cable and it says I would have to connect then to an av cable in order for them to work. Would it be as simple as buying a cable off amazon and connecting it to that?
The cable that the ps3 came with had probably been disposed of, hence why I would have to purchase another. Thanks!

Posted on 1 Dec 2012 18:56:12 GMT
Sir Rodders says:
Are they the PX11s?

All the cables you need are attached (assuming you still have your AV cable for the PS3). I have to run the AV and the HDMI to get game sound through the Turtles - the PS3 cable piggy backs onto the PX11 cable.

Posted on 1 Dec 2012 18:58:04 GMT
Sorry, my description wasn't really easy to understand! I basically mean would it be as simple as buying an av cable off amazon? (Because I no longer have one!!)

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2012 18:59:59 GMT
Yes - in that case it would be that simple :)

Posted on 1 Dec 2012 19:00:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Dec 2012 19:00:40 GMT
Sir Rodders says:
Your original post was fine, I didn't read all the way to the bottom of it - that was the issue. Sorry.

Not sure the PS3 is AV to AV - think it has a particular connection for it coming out of PS3. You must be able to buy PS3 AV cables though.

Posted on 1 Dec 2012 19:01:39 GMT
Sir Rodders says:
Playstation/PS2/PSX AV to RCA Cable

Try that. Cheap as chips. Actually, probably cheaper than chips most places these days sadly.

Posted on 1 Dec 2012 19:27:27 GMT
Thanks!

Posted on 1 Dec 2012 19:37:56 GMT
Also would these headphones be effective at blocking out other sound? My ps3 has just gone onto "hairdryer mode", which is weird considering the thermal paste was replaced just yesterday. Leaving it on to see if it goes down a notch.

Posted on 2 Dec 2012 09:40:01 GMT
It went down a few notches, I imagine that is a good sign?

Posted on 2 Dec 2012 09:45:24 GMT
Bunny says:
If your ps3 is making that much noise you may be better of saving your money so you can buy a new ps3 when it breaks.....

The turtle beach headphones have a volume control, so yes you could shut out the noise.

Posted on 2 Dec 2012 15:41:25 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Dec 2012 15:42:49 GMT
Doubt it's going to break its been doing it for about half a year now ! And a computer tech said there was nothing Wrong with it, he also changed the thermal paste. It's an old model so it's to be expected
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0xa3c21eac)

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  1 Dec 2012
Latest post:  2 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions