Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Jan 2014 10:26:58 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Jan 2014 10:29:29 GMT
A game that makes use of next gen power in innovative ways? A game where everything created is done on the fly procedurally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gQi2bv1DHg

Posted on 17 Jan 2014 10:30:18 GMT
noblood says:
Yep really looking forward to this if it turns out like it sounds.
Small dev team worries me but who knows. Liked Joe Danger but a world away from what they are doing with this.

Posted on 17 Jan 2014 12:13:34 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Jan 2014 12:13:57 GMT
For a four man development team it looks pretty damn impressive. Defo wait and see.

Posted on 17 Jan 2014 12:29:19 GMT
noblood says:
Is there a release date yet? Is it this year?
Is it PS4/XB1 only?

Posted on 17 Jan 2014 12:36:07 GMT
No release date and no announcement of console either. By the same guys as Joe Danger so I expect it will be on consoles - not sure which ones.

Posted on 17 Jan 2014 13:21:31 GMT
I'm impressed!

Posted on 17 Jan 2014 15:17:42 GMT
Really looking forward to this as I'm getting an Elite vibe from it.
Unfortunately their premises were flooded out in the recent floods and their equipment etc.. suffered a lot of damage but hopefully it won't have a huge effect on the release date, whenever that may be.

There are a few more than 4 in the company now, I think something like 12.

Posted on 17 Jan 2014 15:30:28 GMT
Fairly sure their offices got flooded recently and that may set them back a fair while. Sure there was talk of Microsoft helping pay for the damage as their insurance wouldn't cover it. So possibly some kind of exclusivity/dlc for MS in the pipeline. Let's face it, those s0-and-sos wouldn't do it out of the kindness of their hearts.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jan 2014 15:36:56 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Jan 2014 15:39:10 GMT
noblood says:
Yes, I read that too about MS offering "help".

Hopefully MS don't moneyhat them for (timed) exclusivity, and instead let them release on next gen/PC platforms simultaneously.

Not sure if Hello Games signed into the ID@XBox restrictive indie contract prohibiting them from releasing on other platforms before XB1.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jan 2014 18:36:12 GMT
G. Hanks says:
Agreed on the Elite vibe, hadn't heard of this before but the trailer looks like it has a lot of potental. Could be the game that makes me jump to next gen if it lives up to expectations.

Posted on 17 Jan 2014 18:53:39 GMT
BrettC says:
"Wormsign"

Posted on 18 Jan 2014 01:52:58 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jan 2014 02:29:50 GMT
The thing that I don't get about this possible game is that everybody starts at the outer-edges of the galaxy, nothing is named until it is discovered and as an individual player discovers it then it proceduraly generates and becomes a "known" planet in the galaxy. So I presume the galaxy has to be absolutely massive. But what if I buy the game 6 months or a year after release, will everything be discovered? I can imagine a hardcore group of players absolutely trying to hammer the game post release just to get their names on everything.

It looks fascinating but I'm interested in the actual gameplay and how varied the planets will be simply by the small number of devs/artists working on it. I remember reading about a tech team working on environments being created proceduraly. They gave the engine the parameters and it built everything from that point (this was right down to the how an individual plant grew). Crazy stuff and probably the future for much of this, but I'd be amazed if this is using that tech.

Anyway I love the design for the space ships. It looks proper old school, to the point it looks refreshingly new.

Interesting this has been announced relatively recently and another proceduraly planet generating sci-fi game has also been in development at the same time. Elite: Dangerous. I have no idea where that game is at either since it got crowd-funded. Also while not generating anything proceduraly (as far as I'm aware) there's Destiny. I'm curious to see where gamers gravitate to.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  17 Jan 2014
Latest post:  18 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions