Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Amazon delivery times lately ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 May 2012 10:16:52 BDT
has anyone else noticed how slow the delivery has become lately ? I ordered an in stock item video game on 23/4/12 and have only recieved it today 2/5/12 .I'm also waiting for another title posted 30/04/12 and would normally expect this to be delivered within 2 - 3 days as has been the case in the past.I know Amazons prices are great, however I expect better service and will be less inclined to buy stuff I'm excited about online.

Posted on 2 May 2012 10:24:17 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2012 10:24:29 BDT
Sir Rodders says:
When did you get the shipping notification email from Amazon? That will show you if it is Amazon or the carrier that caused the delay.

30th April was only 2 days ago so it may be a bit early to start worrying about that one.

Posted on 2 May 2012 15:09:08 BDT
Rob says:
Amazon's delivery times have always been dire when using the free shipping...

Something that should always be taken into account when looking at their prices, generally if I'm not desperate for an item I'll buy from amazon, bt if I want it as soon as possible, I'l look at the price including the next day delievery and see if it is better than the price I can get elsewhere (though generally for new releases it is...)

Posted on 2 May 2012 15:12:41 BDT
RABB says:
I find free delivery normally gets to me within a day or two. But then my work gets a hell of a lot of Amazon stuff delivered here.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 21:26:34 BDT
The shipping date was 25/04/12 , you dont suppose Royal Mail had it all that time ? I'm by no means bashing AMAZON , was merely wondering if anyone else noticed delays recently considering free delivery has always been 2 - 3 days so far this year.(I buy a lot of games and dvds on amazon and have never waited 8 days for a stock game). Thanks for your feedback

Posted on 3 May 2012 13:25:08 BDT
Aliboabayay says:
i've noticed this aswell. Used to find all my preordered games would come by release day even with free delivery, now ive saw it coming a day or 2 after. generally use S2 for release day game deliveries now (even if the price is slightly higher) but still use amazon for other games and blu rays.

Posted on 3 May 2012 13:33:37 BDT
Sir Rodders says:
If Amazon confirmed shipment on 25th then I would suggest the carrier had it - if it is super saver I am not sure what level of priority or days shipping is being "guaranteed". Every movement (including shipping) of stock is tracked through Amazons warehouse so would suggest it is an accurate ship date.

Posted on 3 May 2012 14:03:35 BDT
Crixus says:
I usually get my free deliveries within 5 days, so no complaints here

Posted on 3 May 2012 23:19:59 BDT
Must say i've noticed that free delivery is taking a lot longer for stuff to arrive lately.

I've ordered a few blue rays and CD's over the last month or so and each time I've not been in a rush to receive the items so used super saver delivery but have found its taking anywhere from 10 days to 2 weeks to receive stuff. Used to be around 5 days for stuff on free delivery.

Posted on 4 May 2012 09:22:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 May 2012 09:23:34 BDT
Bauer says:
They are not great when using free delivery, but they wouldn't be would they? Or no one would ever pay for the faster services.

Play.com have done a similar thing, they used to offer a pretty good service for free 2-3 days and pre orders on release day or maybe day before. However I noticed about a year ago there service took a massive nose dive. Deliverys now took over a week, pre orders delivered up to a week after release. As I was wondering why they suddenly introduced an express next day service and a first class service, this is obviously why they have made there free service so appalling !

I guess it's fair enough you want a good service you have to pay for it. Sadly for play.com, Shopto.net offer a next day 1st class post absolutely free and now they get all my Game purchases, over 40 in the last 12 months which would of gone to Play if they hadn't said stuff u to their customers. It's just a shame shopto only sell games so i do have use amazon and play now and again. I've actually just had to put a claim in yesterday for Blu rays from play that never arrived at all !

Another thing that bugs me from Play, for some reason they don't give you the chance to use there upgraded delivery for pre orders?? Their whole business plan is just stupid.

So yeah amazon not great but better than Play.com

Posted on 4 May 2012 10:30:36 BDT
I agree Gaz that a free service should be poor compared to a paid service as why would anyone ever choose the paid option lol.

My biggest gripe with Amazon, play and the like is that even the paid options are not great. I've sent stuff out recently to people, one a game to someone on the 360 clan thread in Scotland and another game to my brother in Cambridge. Both arrived next day with 1st class post. That's what first class post is, next day delivery. It's not guaranteed next day but unless theirs any major problems it's next day.

I've used 1st class post with amazon before and it's still taken 3/4 days for items to arrive despite it clearly stating "item in stock dispatch immediately". If I pay for post I want it ASAP but up to 4 days is bs. The delay must be down to the time it takes amazon to process my order and get it into the post. That's why I use free post most of the fine because if I'm gonna get a delay I might aswell not pay for it :)

Posted on 6 May 2012 13:04:07 BDT
Anyone use Amazon Prime? Can you tell me whether you need to sign for release day delivery of games posted using Amazon Prime? I'd prefer for my Max Payne pre order to be delivered without me needing to sign for it. Got a trial on Amazon Prime at the mo.

Posted on 6 May 2012 13:27:03 BDT
I used a trial for amazon prime and have to say was very impressed. Orders were lightning quick and no you don't have to sign for them.

Not worth £49 per year though.

Posted on 6 May 2012 13:54:03 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 May 2012 13:58:10 BDT
I cannot use Prime on a pre existing order. Oh well. I'll be canceling the trial as I won't get my money back but ordered some stuff from amazon yesterday so thought I'd make use of prime.

Posted on 6 May 2012 14:02:51 BDT
Steven L says:
I used Prime with 'guaranteed next day delivery' and it took two days to arrive, who knows what's going on...

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2012 15:58:00 BDT
Cerberus says:
"Anyone use Amazon Prime? Can you tell me whether you need to sign for release day delivery of games posted using Amazon Prime? I'd prefer for my Max Payne pre order to be delivered without me needing to sign for it. Got a trial on Amazon Prime at the mo."

Sometimes you do sometimes you don't, it all depends on what company they use.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2012 16:06:20 BDT
Cerberus says:
Was Royal Mail handling the delivery ? you should report, I had an order arrive late and they extended my prime membership by a month because a delivery was late.

Posted on 6 May 2012 16:34:40 BDT
Thanks for the info. I cannot use Prime for my Max Payne order anyway. I created the order before starting the prime trial. And if I cancel and reorder I pay more so I'll just leave it as it is. Hdn are delivering my order on Tuesday using prime so I'll be at home anyway.

Posted on 6 May 2012 16:48:09 BDT
RABB says:
"Hdn are delivering my order on Tuesday using prime so I'll be at home anyway."

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

Posted on 2 Apr 2013 11:27:22 BDT
Jez Rix says:
i expect my deliveries to come in abouit 3-4 days but it usauly takes a week fort just a single game

Posted on 2 Apr 2013 12:02:45 BDT
Thankfully Amazon deliveries are a bit quicker than your reply.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  2 May 2012
Latest post:  2 Apr 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions