Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Amazon.co.uk Trade in is RUBBISH!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Jun 2012 18:41:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Jun 2012 18:52:57 BDT
Hi,

I just recently bought A new Scarlet Red PS3 (Absolutely love it) and I got Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 3 with it for free.

Now I've already got MW3 (Hardened edition) for the Xbox 360 so have no need for this so I went to see how much I could get for it.

Now I know MW3 isn't worth a great deal used as the market is flooded with them and tried to flog it for £20 cash and I couldn't so I realised I was just going to get some used PS3 exclusive games with the moeny anyway so I did the Amazon Trade-in to get £18.00 for it I was happy with the price - more so now that it's £10.60 used on the Amazon Trade-in.

So I went through the process for my printing label and sent it off last Friday 22/6/2012.

And a week later I check in my Amazon Trade-in account and it's still saying "Not received/still in transit" It's said that since last Friday. So I was wondering when on Earth will I see my Amazon gift certificate?

I know once the company receives my game it takes 2 days to process my gift certificate.... but I feel like they are rustlin' my jimmies!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jun 2012 19:05:42 BDT
Nick. says:
Several people have talked about this taking ages of late, I think you'll have to wait it out in honesty. I believe it's the royal mail rather than amazon though.

Posted on 29 Jun 2012 19:08:51 BDT
Bunny says:
Mine took just over a week, so don't sweat it. I've been quite happy with the service. U have to remember u send your stuff to a third party not amazon

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jun 2012 19:26:53 BDT
Yeah I know it's going to a 3rd party. I'm just thinking because the price has dropped so much they are taking an age to confirm to amazon..... or taking as long as they possibly can to either put me off and get the game sent back to me or hoping I didn't get a proof of posting "I always do when I send something" and are trying to skem me :(

Posted on 29 Jun 2012 19:36:50 BDT
Jetsada says:
I've never had a problem with timings, it's usually taken a good week or so. I've even had my last batch of Gamecube games all upgraded to top condition so I don't think they will be trying to rip you off.

Posted on 29 Jun 2012 19:43:10 BDT
Bunny says:
You will get the price you traded at, not what it's changed to, and as above if it's in better nick they will give u more cash for it than u thought.

Posted on 29 Jun 2012 23:10:08 BDT
Haha I put down like new, as all I did was open the shrink wrap, put it in my PS3 for about an hour then sent it in lol.

Posted on 29 Jun 2012 23:48:06 BDT
I spoke to an Amazon customer service rep (or by whatever title they are called) earlier today about a delay with my recent trade-ins. It seems that the trade-in has gained significantly in popularity recently which is causing the delay to process some items. Rest assured, it will work itself out (and if it's not been processed like two weeks after you posted it, phone/email Amazon).

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2012 00:24:39 BDT
Ohhhh thanks man that clears alot of it up :D thanks! I guess due to GAME and Gamestation closing so many stores :O Some people now are only able to use this trade in :O
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  29 Jun 2012
Latest post:  30 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions