Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Looking for a God of war clone.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Dec 2011 16:21:33 GMT
Hey dudes, My dad has had a 60GB PS3 ever since launch (yes its still working) and he really loves the God of war series. I am asking if anyone can recommend any type of slasher with a fixed camera (my dad can't aim with the analogue stick) that is similar to GoW.

So far he has (and completed)
Dante's inferno.
GOW HD collection
GOW3
Castlevania: Lords of shadow
Jason and the argonauts.
clash of the titans.

Tomb Raider trilogy.
he tried uncharted but couldn't aim.

I was looking at getting him Lord of the Rings: war of the north but i found out that you need to use the analogue to aim etc, I showed him a video and he said he wouldn't be able to do it. its a shame because he loves lord of the rings.

Dark/demons souls is out of the question to.

Is there anything like the games he has completed? fixed camera is a must or aslong as he doesn't have to manually aim.
thanks guys.

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 16:27:53 GMT
Darksiders?

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 16:31:37 GMT
Trigger says:
You know there are two GoW Collections? One has GoW I & II in it, and the other has Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta, ported from the PSP and sexied up.

Other than that, I don't know any with fixed cameras, but if he gets a bit more brave try Bayonetta, Enslaved and maybe Batman: AA.

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 16:33:46 GMT
The Green Lantern game was surprisingly close to the God of War template. Above average though nothing special - I hear the Captain America one is similar.

Has he played God of War Collection Vol. II? Those are the PSP games converted to PS3 - the devs did a great job though, not your usual cut-and-run 'HD' job.

There must be more, I'll have a think.

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 16:36:55 GMT
MF says:
Get him something different --- go ratchett and clank --- Plus 1 for enslaved .... can never remember which games have fixed camera ? -- what about ico ?

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 16:47:09 GMT
Yes i have been looking at the ICO collection i remember playing those years ago and they were good. I didn't know there was a GOW vol II until this thread so thanks for that. I may have to get the Vol II as he still plays through GOW frequently (he can play through many times and not get bored)

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 17:18:32 GMT
djburty says:
+1 for darksiders as people thought it was a god of war clone anyway - i thought it was more zelda, but certainly does have similar melee attacks. however it's not fixed camera.

the lego games might be worth a shout due to being fixed camera and a whole lot of fun.

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 18:07:21 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Dec 2011 21:01:27 GMT
G. Hanks says:
Devil May Cry 4 although, like Bayonetta, it's much more combo focussed.

Posted on 14 Jun 2012 15:07:20 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 14 Jun 2012 15:07:52 BDT]

Posted on 14 Jun 2012 20:38:17 BDT
AlanK47 says:
Heavenly Sword & Enslaved have pretty fix cameras. There is some dodgy six axis aiming in HS & its a very old game. Remember it being pretty good though. Enslaved has a bit of Uncharted about it so may not be what your after.

Posted on 14 Jun 2012 21:02:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Jun 2012 21:02:49 BDT
howmuch75 says:
Conan ? I thought it was ok for a hack and slash game and Err the hunted.

Posted on 14 Jun 2012 21:35:34 BDT
baddude1337 says:
Dungeon Crawlers are a good bet. Try the PSN store, he might like some 2D titles like Castle Crashers
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  9 Dec 2011
Latest post:  14 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions