Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Help! Should I buy Saints Row 3 or La Noire?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 May 2012 21:42:44 BDT
Nicola says:
Which ones better?

Posted on 12 May 2012 22:09:41 BDT
Steve says:
Why not get both,would imagine there quiet cheap.

Posted on 12 May 2012 22:25:37 BDT
Saints Row 3 is a blast in co-op but a a solo game it may get a litle trying - LA Noire is a solid SP experience with no co-op at all. I would pick on that basis if I were you.

Posted on 12 May 2012 22:45:51 BDT
What are you looking for in a game, they are very different?

LA Noire is a sanbox game that can be canonised amongst games such as Heavy Rain that place "cinematic" storytelling at the forefront of playing experience arguably at the expense of fluid gameplay. While it set in a sandbox narrative nd character progression is prioritised over exploration of L.A..

If Saints Row 3 is anything like two conversely the story and protagonist are merely a vehicle for a series of bombastic and very fun but shallow missions. It is far less linear and while it does encourage exploration I found Stillwater (the city in which you play) to be threadbare and lacking immersion.

Posted on 12 May 2012 23:28:25 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 13 May 2012 21:49:59 BDT]

Posted on 13 May 2012 00:00:59 BDT
Rye-Rye-Vita says:
You failed to mention that your copy is used (no rockstar pass) and in any case, Nicola could get a used copy from here for £8.50 delivered...

Posted on 13 May 2012 00:06:56 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 13 May 2012 21:49:53 BDT]

Posted on 13 May 2012 00:12:13 BDT
LA Noire is open world in theory and you are fully able to drive all over the city, but there's nothing really to do outside the missions. it's not like GTA/red dead redemption/skyrim etc where you can happily just mess about for hours doing basically nothing but still having a great time :)

on a technical level there's nothing quite like LA Noire. the city and the cars look great, and the people look astonishing. it's a pure story-driven game tho with ultimately very limited gameplay. if you commit to the story then i can see how people give it top marks. for me tho, (and alot of people) it's an extremely impressive tech demo, but as an overall game i'd give it 5.5 or 6 out of 10.

saints row 3.......? well that's meant to be very shallow from a story point-of-view, but also an absolute blast to play; just total un-PC crazyness. i'll leave it to someone who's actually played it to comment more on that :)

Posted on 13 May 2012 00:15:21 BDT
get bent 'The Game Centre'

how is this guy not banned when we get posts deleted that merely mention rival online retailers?

Posted on 13 May 2012 00:46:59 BDT
Joanne says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2012 00:52:02 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 13 May 2012 21:49:38 BDT]

Posted on 13 May 2012 09:26:27 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 May 2012 19:31:57 BDT
Avatouir says:
@Game center. What is upsetting people here is that this is a FORUM and NOT an advertising site. Nicole asked which game is better not how much you charge and with respect you are not adding to the discussion by saying I can sell x at a good price when you're not even giving any kind of opinion on it. I wouldn't want to buy from someone who tells me the cost before saying whether or not the product is even worth buying in the first place sorry. Back onto topic though, Saints Row 3 sucks imho. Though maybe I'll try co-op if ppl say it's more fun. LA Noirer is good though get's repetitive towards the rather disspointing end

Posted on 13 May 2012 09:29:46 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 13 May 2012 09:43:01 BDT]

Posted on 13 May 2012 09:31:02 BDT
Avatouir says:
^lol^

Posted on 13 May 2012 09:52:48 BDT
Saints Row 3 is an absolute blast

LA Noire is repetitive, the characters are dull and the story is very fractured

Posted on 13 May 2012 10:15:26 BDT
Nicola says:
Thanks for all your great feedback, I think I'm leaning towards La Noire, it kinda looks the same as mafia 2 and i enjoyed that. As the free roaming of saints 3 might get a little boring and I'm not a huge fan of the GTA games.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2012 10:27:51 BDT
Nick. says:
I hated LA Noire. As Phil said, it feels like a tech demo. Saints Row 3 is great fun.

Posted on 13 May 2012 10:33:27 BDT
G. Hanks says:
"Thanks for all your great feedback, I think I'm leaning towards La Noire, it kinda looks the same as mafia 2 and i enjoyed that. As the free roaming of saints 3 might get a little boring and I'm not a huge fan of the GTA games."

LA Noire is definitely the one to get then, like Mafia 2 it puts the story front and centre and the city plays background to the events rather than a place to cause madcap mayhem. It's very much focussed and investigating and interrogation and whilst it has its flaws I'd still say it's a superb experience and well worth getting.

Posted on 13 May 2012 11:31:51 BDT
I think L.A. Noire is excellent. It does have some flaws, as has been said the story does seem a little fractured and kind of wanders off track. I loved the atmosphere and aside from some slightly dodgy acting and the already mentioned fractured story, I really bought into it all. I thought the ending was appropriate as well, reminded me of L.A. Confidential like the rest of the game.

The controls for walking, shooting and driving I think are very good. The investigations are interesting, but often the solution makes no sense, not to me anyway. There were times when I really got into the detective stuff and gave cases a lot of thought with my sleuthing hat on. After being told I was rubbish it left me scratching my head at the bizzare results. Didn't ruin it for me though, liked the story so just rolled with it.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2012 12:29:39 BDT
i've played saints row the third LA Noire and mafia 2 and i found the most enjoyable and immersing was saints row, mafia and LA noire take themselves very seriuosly and i thin they lose some of their entertainement value because of it, if you like the realism and seriousness of mafia then get LA noire, but if you want to really enjoy playing and have a blast, then i suggest saints row which is easily my favourite of the three. I just found LA noire a bit boring, I mean you can skydive naked in saints row! how can a game where you look at peoples faces really hard compete with that? hope this helps :)

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2012 13:38:59 BDT
Joanne says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2012 14:56:42 BDT
I quite like Arson myself, tonnes of fun with just a match. ;)
I'm not into homicide though, is that what happens to your customers??

Posted on 13 May 2012 15:02:42 BDT
Joanne says:
LOL thats really funny :)

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2012 19:35:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 May 2012 20:48:27 BDT
Avatouir says:
Then why are you earlier comments deleted by Amazon? And why are so many threaders making complaints and giving low scores?

The Game Center says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Hide post again. (Show all unhelpful posts)]
Trade in with thegamecenter.co.uk and get 20% more!!

And could you explain this from another thread? There's more spam than the Spam song by Monty Python and no comment. Such posts make me not want to trade with you. Surely you can accept that reading such blatant advertising is annoying and infuriating to most people?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  12 May 2012
Latest post:  21 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions