Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

New Destiny Gameplay Trailer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Posted on 1 May 2014 02:35:28 BDT
It's almost certainly a dungeon, and it's also supposedly very early on which is why the AI isn't up to much. It's what they're calling a Strike Mission. A three man mini mission that ends in a boss fight. A few things concern me is that you have to do these in a three man group, either friends or the game will match you. Not a problem with two mates (though only making it 3 seems a bit limited) but anybody who's played co-op games or anything like this with strangers is it can often be a right pain. Running off doing what they want or bouncing around like Tigger on speed.

I can't wait to see how the game merges with the "public area".

For anybody interested in a bit of reading The Guardian has a good interview and a description of playing what's in the gameplay trailer Ness posted.
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/apr/28/destiny-hands-on-bungie-xbox-playstationshared-world-shooter

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2014 23:42:58 BDT
Nessy says:
Have read a lot of negative feedback on this latest trailer. I think it's down to them showing what is effectively a dungeon tbh. Once you are out in the massive World exploring and doing quests it will be a lot better.

"I have a lot of hope for this game. Definitely a RD purchase unless reviews absolutely slam it. For me I'm hoping this'll fill that FPS hole that BF, COD or KZ have been unable to fill this year. Getting a really good MMO/coop feel to it also so if enough mates get on it should be a blast."

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it ! Destiny is my most anticipated game of the year. I'm wondering whether I should play the beta though as I think it might spoil it.

Posted on 30 Apr 2014 23:33:56 BDT
Hmmmm, nit-picking, I didn't like the running animation. They probably should have chosen a section that didn't look like games such as Rage or an un-cel-shaded Borderlands. Also having the waves of enemy triggered like that felt slightly unimaginative, fine in the game, but as a gameplay trailer I'm not sure. There's possibly other stuff but I'm just being hyper critical.

I have a lot of hope for this game. Definitely a RD purchase unless reviews absolutely slam it. For me I'm hoping this'll fill that FPS hole that BF, COD or KZ have been unable to fill this year. Getting a really good MMO/coop feel to it also so if enough mates get on it should be a blast.

Initial post: 29 Apr 2014 00:34:39 BDT
Nessy says:
New 7 min gameplay trailer -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeDaevD7cEo

Much higher quality version of the video (click one of the Euro servers to start the download) -

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_destiny_gameplay_trailer-31998_en.html

Thoughts on this ?...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  29 Apr 2014
Latest post:  1 May 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions