Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

2013 in gaming good/bad?? whats you GOTY?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-53 of 53 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 24 Dec 2013 09:20:04 GMT
kinjoking says:
we do enjoy a good climax ;)

phil- agree with FC:BD, BUT think that towards the middle/end of the game that it was basically so repetitive and the level looked the same everywhere you went kinda spoilt it in some regards, wasnt enough variation in the game to have any sort of lasting appeal. but i would buy a remake of the original when that comes out, as the mechanics of the game worked very well on BD

Posted on 24 Dec 2013 09:31:27 GMT
Agree on both counts. FC Blood a Dragon is a great game - the aesthetics and the soundtrack got the spirit of cheesy 80s action movies spot-on, and the weapons were great. Really enjoyed the missions too

However, it was consistently dark from start to finish and a few more variations in environment wouldn't have gone amiss

Posted on 24 Dec 2013 10:57:08 GMT
The OP mentions one handheld game - Killzone Mercs - a great game and part of a good year for pocket gaming:

Batman Blackgate is trully great imo - mixing the best of 2D metrovania style with the post Arkham Asylum Batman world - with great combat thrown in.

DOA5Plus - I know fighters are not for everyone but this is a Vita landmark in terms of character models, framerate and "big" console experience. Also significant for DOA's development as a proper fighter as it sidelines special finishes and ultimates for one of the most elegant and baletic fight systems of the moment.

A bit cheeky but Persona 4 Golden makes it in the UK at least - I had hardly played any Persona game before but this world of perfect combat, great characters, varied missions and dungeons was mind blowing.

Pokemon X and Y - I am an old git, have zero nostalgia for old Pokemon games and could not care less if people think what I do in my spare time is age appropriate or not - Pokemon XY is elegant combat, good story telling - it moulds itself to what you want from it contstantly giving you more of what you want to do and seamlessly dropping the elements you are less interested in - a marvel of game design.
Your reply to PSN:RobsonRudd XBL: Robson Rudd's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  29
Total posts:  53
Initial post:  17 Dec 2013
Latest post:  24 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions