Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Dark Souls 2 - Co-op Gang & General Chat Thread - (The Story goes on)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1818 posts in this discussion
Posted on 25 Jul 2014 14:30:11 BDT
Got to stay strong and hold out from buying the DLC :D

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jul 2014 12:53:16 BDT
Joel says:
I'm at the iron keep, SL 120 or 130, mainly helped other plays out, why I'm a high SL.

Tbh I haven't played as much as I'd have liked

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jul 2014 10:35:53 BDT
I'm on Ps3 and pc. If you ever want a hand on either I'm always willing to play ds

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jul 2014 10:31:18 BDT
It's on PS3, which is probably a good reason as to why I've not finished it yet.

Ah, who am I kidding? I've got loads of unfinished PC games as well!

I'll get it on PC eventually, I was actually going to play the 1st game on PC the other day but when I launched it I was greeted with GFWL, I thought that scourge was gone from PC gaming for good. Looks like I'll need to download that fix that gets rid of GFWL.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jul 2014 10:24:13 BDT
Iron keep is just over half way. It's a long game, you on pc or Ps3?

Posted on 25 Jul 2014 10:02:57 BDT
Argh, I really need to get back to this game and finish it, haven't played it for a few months.

I think I'm at the Iron keep, the bit with all the lava. I think I might be a fair bit through but I can't really remember everything I've done. Why do I have to be stuck here at work? :(

Posted on 25 Jul 2014 09:52:39 BDT
Morning all. Played some more Sunken King last night, think I've got all the bonfires in Shulva, but just can't seem to be able to get past Jester Thomas, also tried my hand at the boss down by the spitting statues, got owned! Really enjoying the DLC but it is the hardest part of the game so far imo!

Posted on 24 Jul 2014 13:45:47 BDT
Not sure mate, it cant be far of that though, i will check later.

It sucks coz i got my PS4 saturday, and i am trying my hardest to play the games i got for it, yet Dark souls is calling big time.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2014 13:01:03 BDT
@Ramps

You access the DLC through a door at the newly renovated black gulch primal bonfire. Once you download the DLC, the next time you log on a new item called a "Dragon's fang" will be added to the keys section of your inventory. This will open the door.

However, like i said above, you can be summoned for the DLC without buying it if you put your ssd outside the closed door.

What level is your NG char? i'm bout sl 150ish, would be good to co-op with someone i know rather than just randoms.

Posted on 24 Jul 2014 12:00:55 BDT
i might get this tonight, how do i get to the DLC area. I have a NG character who is at the Dragon, so i will head back to it

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2014 10:32:18 BDT
@noblood

No probs mate, i just thought i'd offer a few of my observations from my first shot.

If you get a spare minute then you can try it out for yourself. If you put your sign down outside the closed door leading to the DLC then you can be summoned for the first part of the new area. I'd be more than happy to summon you if you wanted.

I agree the level design wasn't as good as in the first game, it was too linear and had too many dead ends. If you liked Sen's fortress like i did then you'll love the DLC, better get used to falling to your death a lot though.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2014 10:08:37 BDT
noblood says:
"I'm now counting the hours in work til i can go home and have another go, i have a feeling it's going to be a long day."

This says it all for me. :)
I've not yet bought the DLC (lack of time) but now I will be looking forward to it.

There wasn't enough of the style of Sen's Fortress/Duke's Archives/Oolacile Town in DS2 so this sounds great.

Thanks for initial impressions.

Posted on 24 Jul 2014 07:47:14 BDT
Morning All,

Had a good few hours on the DLC last night and without straying into hyperbole i loved it. I was a little rusty in the beginning having not played souls in a month so the first few deaths were fairly swift, but once i'd gotten my eye in i made some good progress. Managed to get to the second bonfire in my world and the third bonfire in co-op.

The level design is amazing, with movable platforms making you have to think more about your route and branching paths forcing you to explore and take risks to get all the items. Reminded me a little of the rotating starcases in duke's archives but much more complicated. The enemies are fun but hard with their stubborn refusal to stagger and there was a nice twist to certain enemies which i won't spoil here. There's also a few classic Fromsoft surpises which made me die, swear loudly and then laugh in the way only souls games can manage.

I'm now counting the hours in work til i can go home and have another go, i have a feeling it's going to be a long day.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2014 11:40:23 BDT
Yeah I would definitely want some help on this one. It's hard as nails and the bonfires are pretty wide spread

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2014 11:38:55 BDT
"Put ur foot down, stick em in the coal shed" - we both know who's in charge in Casa Garcia....and it ain't little ole me ;-)

Posted on 23 Jul 2014 11:35:53 BDT
Bunny says:
Put ur foot down, stick em in the coal shed

Posted on 23 Jul 2014 11:33:58 BDT
@Will - ok, no probs. Will wait for you as would rather do the DLC in coop. Will play a little of the Destiny Beta tonight in that case.

@Bunny - no free time at the moment. Be lucky to grab an hour lol - Can't get on PC or Xbox One at the mo with the kids constantly playing them and staying up to all hours ..

Posted on 23 Jul 2014 11:30:01 BDT
Bunny says:
Lol Z, try and get an hour on it. That's funny.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2014 11:04:09 BDT
I won't be online tonight. It's Monster Hunter night tonight

Posted on 23 Jul 2014 10:34:00 BDT
Installed it last night but no played it yet Will.
Going to try and get a go on it tonight for an hour (time permiting).

Posted on 23 Jul 2014 09:08:07 BDT
Morning all. I tried my hand at the DLC last night. Wish I'd stayed in ng now, it's really hard! But I'll get it done. Some really good looking areas and the new enemies shake up the usual patterns, looking forward to really getting into it.

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 14:53:26 BDT
I will 100% get that for Xmas. Man i'm going all gooey for the games i want for xmas, Far Cry, Evil Within, Evolve, DS2, cant wait.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2014 14:39:55 BDT
Yeah, I reckon 1080p 60fps version will be released on PS4 this Xmas. That'll sell pretty well people who will likely get on for Xmas

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 14:28:26 BDT
Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!

Hopefully there will be a definitive edition ;) ... but they would be fools to announce it before all/most of the DLC has been released.

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 14:14:34 BDT
Hope you do mate, i will miss the co-op mate. I will pick up the DS2 DLC once all three are out, i am mainly waiting to see if they announce a next gen release. Fingers crossed
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 73 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  42
Total posts:  1818
Initial post:  16 Jan 2014
Latest post:  15 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions