Call of Duty Black Ops

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2012 12:40:14 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 15 Dec 2012 12:45:12 GMT]

Posted on 29 Nov 2012 12:39:21 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 15 Dec 2012 12:45:12 GMT]

Posted on 29 Nov 2012 01:36:33 GMT
I would only repeat what Wayne and Ewok have already said. Getting Xbox Live Gold is very easy to buy (just type the words into the Amazon search box). In one of the early scenes of Black Ops 2 a guy gets his skull cracked open by a machete, so it warrants the 18 certificate IMO. The online multiplayer does have abuse, racism and crude insults directed between players. I'm still shocked at the amount of racism I hear playing Call of Duty. Having said that the microphones can be muted and the violence in the multiplayer isn't over graphic if you're familiar with FPSs. Maybe you could rent the game and try it for yourself beforehand. I think there's a multiplayer mode where you can play against bots that doesn't require to be online and will give you a good idea of the violent content of the multiplayer.

Posted on 28 Nov 2012 23:05:11 GMT
As well as any mature themed content within the game it's also worth noting that you have no control over who your son will interact with online. It's farily common to encounter rude and abusive player online.

Certainly bot trying to judge but feel that parents should be informed that the online community can be a nasty place at times (just look at some of the recent threads on this forum!). As the parebt, it's up to you to make the call.

Posted on 28 Nov 2012 18:42:46 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Nov 2012 18:43:18 GMT
Regarding Xbox live as bunny said above your son most likely wants to play online with his mate's. I'm gonna assume he can't do that the moment, so:

When he turns his Xbox on he most likely has just a silver account which is the bog standard Xbox live account that you get when you register the console. You need to upgrade to a gold account to be able to access the online gaming portion of Xbox live. This can be done a number of ways. You could by a subscription code from a video game shop like Game or Argos do them or online from places like amazon. They normally come in 3 month or 12 month bundles, 12 months normally costing around £30-40 depending on any deals you may find.

You could simply upgrade through the dashboard on the Xbox where you could add a debit/credit card and either pay a month at a time which is £5 or pay up front for 3, 6 or 12 months. Bear in mind that if you do this your card details are stored so if your son wants to buy any downloadable games or other content he could do at the click of a button.

By the way how old is your son? Black ops 2 is an 18 rated game I believe.

Posted on 28 Nov 2012 18:02:28 GMT
Bunny says:
If you have an xbox and want to play online then you need xbox live. You can play the single player version of the game without xbox live. But I suspect your son wants to go online and play with his friends. If you want to see what the game is like, go to youtube, type in black ops 2 and it should give you loads of videos so you can see what the game is like.

You may be able to get a good deal with black ops and a live code togther, I know certain supermarkets had that deal a while ago and its cheaper then buying both seperately.

Hope that helps

Initial post: 28 Nov 2012 17:58:11 GMT
S. Mcconomy says:
My son wants call of duty black ops and x-box live - i saw a game which says its got call of duty + its live as well - does this mean that you go on line and find the game then play if so is it good. Or should i just buy them separate
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  28 Nov 2012
Latest post:  29 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions