Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Are you addict to Smartphones?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Posted on 19 Nov 2012 09:31:03 GMT
Cant believe Amazon deleted my post. All I was saying was to stop mocking the guy. Maybe they didnt like the use of the word Turd.

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 09:08:48 GMT
No but you have a point joel

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2012 00:07:34 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
I wasn't responding to you Phil, you just happened to post as I was writing that. I was just responding to OP.

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 00:03:10 GMT
Ok - I'm not literally addicted lol

Posted on 18 Nov 2012 20:57:39 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Nov 2012 21:07:36 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
Addicted? A strong term, I find them useful and they make my life a little bit easier but I could go without them. There's a difference between depending on something and using it because it's useful.
I would say very few people are addicted to them though, they may use them frequently but it's more of a habit than addiction.

They have pretty much delivered the long awaited dream of everyone being connected with the internet wherever they are (OK not everyone, but the people you know). Back when everyone used dumb phones the only people who had computers on them at all times were those who had pocket computers and PDAs, but even they didn't have 3G internet so they weren't connected at all times either. Of course they aren't perfect (battery life and signal drop outs) but with more refinement and technology like Google Glasses we're working towards augmented reality.

There will always be those who say technology is destroying society (TV will make us all lazy, increased radio waves will cause brain tumors, the internet will corrupt children etc.) but more often than not they have no idea what they are saying and are looking at technology with their minds already made up - "Something I don't understand = dangerous".

I would say very few people are addicted to them though, they may use them frequently but it's more of a habit than addiction.

Edit- I'm nice so I took your survey, but you could do with shortening it a little as I only took it because I'm bored and wanted to help you out.

Posted on 18 Nov 2012 20:51:54 GMT
Sorry for not doing this properly petruzzi and going through the link, but I just wanted to say that I am *definitely* addicted to my Nokia lumia 900. I don't play games on it, but I'm always on the internet, Facebook app, twitter app, Moto gp app, etc

I had a blackberry torch before which could do virtually all the same stuff as my lumia, but I think I just love windows 7 on a phone. Yep, I'm a Nokia and windows phone haw.

Posted on 18 Nov 2012 20:44:26 GMT
Avatouir says:
Plus they have a tendency to go online make calls etc. whilst in your pocket. Or of course hang up mid call etc.
Stupidphones?
How about Rubbishphones?

Posted on 18 Nov 2012 11:13:05 GMT
R. Woolmer says:
phht all this smart phone business will blow over soon, after you have a crack at angry birds and watch youtube once or twice it gets boring. What im worried about is what sort of education are you getting doing a thesis on phones? what a stinking waste of time.

Posted on 18 Nov 2012 11:11:05 GMT
DudeJericho says:
I don't have a smartphone and currently don't plan on getting one, why? Because I don't need one, I stare at a screen during work, I stare at a screen for the most part at home, I don't want to be staring at a screen going to or coming from either of those.

Posted on 18 Nov 2012 11:02:12 GMT
I just recently got a smartphone in the past couple of weeks, and I am very annoyed that it is unable to make toast!

More like Lazy phone, since you still have to do everything yourself. ;P

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2012 10:20:15 GMT
No, and I am currently campaigning to have smartphones re-named stupidphones. Yes, I have web access, apps, BBM, camera, mp3, radio etc but when it comes to make a call, my battery is dead.

Posted on 18 Nov 2012 09:25:40 GMT
Solar Fox says:
[Deleted by Amazon 50 minutes ago]

In my head i'm imagining "@!%# off! You #*@t!!"

Posted on 18 Nov 2012 08:31:33 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 18 Nov 2012 08:32:02 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2012 08:25:29 GMT
Uncle DJ says:
But you said "If you agree you just need to click on the following link"...

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2012 21:44:13 GMT
A. Petruzzi says:
Yeah apparently the link is not taken into account. You need to copy it and paste it into your browser bar. Many thanks for this!

Posted on 17 Nov 2012 21:24:03 GMT
RAB says:
I clicked it but nothing happened.

Initial post: 17 Nov 2012 21:18:15 GMT
A. Petruzzi says:
Hello

I am a student in business and I'm currently writing my final year thesis about Smartphones and tablets perceptions.

I am conducting a survey about this and I would need your help by responding to this one. If you agree you just need to click on the following link to get access to the survey

https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bNsIOvsE5g9kw9D

Many thanks!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  17 Nov 2012
Latest post:  19 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions