Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Your favourite Street Fighter version and why??? :)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Posted on 12 Dec 2013 13:58:16 GMT
Mr. S. Lewis says:
Is it Street fighter 2 - Champion Edition, where after a couple of levels you have to destroy the car and then the wall etc - Thats my fave by a mile - Always Bullrog or Guile........... "Sonic Boom"

Posted on 12 Dec 2013 10:04:54 GMT
I dont know the hard punch and hard kick Special moves where easier on Mega Drive, but i like the Street Fighter 2 normal eiditon on SNES best (together with the arcade Version). I dont, i just liked it more. I also like the feel of the SNES controller more.

I also hated the cpecial editions with the extra characters, because they didnt really blend into the background in my opinion and felt generic.

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 22:36:05 GMT
I was a SNES fanboy growing up, but Street Fighter II: Champion Edition on Mega Drive with the proper 6 button controller was perfection.

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 21:20:22 GMT
A note on Seth in SFIV. On the original build Seth was hard coded to Hard difficulty no matter what difficulty you set on Arcade - this was changed on Super Street Fighter. There was also a glitch that made him impossible to beat with certain characters if you had installed the game - this was patched out.

RE OP - SSFIV:A is my fave.

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 21:17:39 GMT
Street Fighter 2

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 17:58:35 GMT
Bal Pank says:
For me it was Xmen Vs Streetfighter with the superb 2 vs 2 battles, I used to love teaming up with Ryu & Ken to unleash a SUPER HADOUKEN - now that was epic as it filled up nearly a third of the screen.

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 17:13:52 GMT
Bunny says:
Lol

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 16:12:36 GMT
Datsumini Splashundater (Flying Kick)

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2013 16:00:39 GMT
Honestly I though he was just clearing his throat ;)

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 15:59:25 GMT
Bunny says:
"HAUKKDOIN"

Hadouken.....

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 15:53:09 GMT
HAUKKDOIN

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 15:31:42 GMT
kinjoking says:
i think i started on the original or SFturbo, bought SFIV on the 360 but now i remember why i dont play those types of games. because im sheeet at them.

Blanka til i die tho :)

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 15:25:11 GMT
Cyber-Worm says:
Started playing Street Fighter 2 as a kid at the chippy for 20p a game and after playing everyone since I can say Alpha 2 was/is Street Fighter perfection IMO. Capcom Vs SNK 2 is a very close second followed by Marvel VS Capcom 2.

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 14:52:06 GMT
Played SF all my life and used to go to a local newsagent on my way to and from school in 91/92 to hammer the arcade version. 10p used to last me hours. For that reason, I'll always have fond memories of SFII and SFII Turbo, but enjoyed Alpha, SFIII and SFIV. I'm also a bit of a fan of the MvC games, but never got on with MK at all. Just seemed to lack the nuances and fluidity of SF (some may disagree) although I have enjoyed Injustice despite the remarkably cheap tactics employed by people online and the endless juggle marathons (great if you pull it off, but annoying if you're on the receiving end).

Oh and Seth really was a cheap boss. Yes, you could deal with him, but he had this really annoying tendency to give you the first round (ala Bison in SFII) before going absolutely mental for the subsequent rounds. I beat the game with all characters and some were immensely tough to use against Seth.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2013 14:42:01 GMT
Just had a quick look, I think it's Street fighter alpha 3. It was definitely on Dreamcast though.

I'll ask the mate I played it with next time I see him, he should remember better than I.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2013 14:33:04 GMT
Hello, be good if you could find out the exact version? bcoz 2 player sounds great fun :)

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 14:06:54 GMT
I'm sorry Stephen but no.
From the point of view of most of the guys replying here , clearly they don't play the game on anything but a casual level and from their perspective Seth is a hard boss, if i recall my early days on sf4 i would have agreed that fightin seth as the final boss was a definate difficulty spike, he pretty much lets you do whatever you want on the 1st round then on the 2nd he command grabs you constantly and uses srk's to anti air any jump-in that you do , which as you'll know is the primary (and sometimes only) way new players know how to attack, so from this perspective i would agree that he's not an 'easy' boss to a newcomer.
Of course your correct that you can read his patterns because he's a cpu but only after your comfortable with the game mechanics and aware of his moveset pattern and indeed your own character to be able to punish accordingly.

As for your general matchup number of 5-5, well i don't think this system can be referred to as any reasonable assessment of a match up as it comes down to player skill , all the 5-5's , 6-4's 8-2's, are devised by other people opinions , it's not a factual number, for example, given your above comment on sagat vs fei, if that matchup was truely 2-8 then Ryan Hart would never win a tournament as everytime he met a Fei player (Fuddo, Mago) whatever top player you pick he would lose over a set everytime, and i'm sure you know fine well thats not the case.
As for Seth, the FGC general opinion of him that i keep coming across is that he's a cheap bas****, he's got a ridiculous vortex game that involves 1 knockdown and it's potentially game, it's actually worse than Akumas due to the command grab mixup.
Yes he has a glass jaw with his health , but if the player is strong enough, say for example Poonkgo all it takes is 1 knockdown and you have to play a game of rock , paper , scissors where seth gets to play with choosing two options, ecspecially using option selects , while you on wake-up just have to hope you make a good guess.

He's not un-beatable by any stretch , but the general opinion on him i have came across is far from balanced.

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 13:37:50 GMT
The difficult spike maybe due to his agressive nature I agree most other characters don't go flat out offense especially when CPU controlled but to call the fight unfair it's just not true. Seth is a 5-5 meaning he is eveningly matched against most of the roster

Take for example other characters for example Sagat vs Fei Long where Fei Long wins that match up in a 8-2 in his favour. That is unbalanced but Fei Long is his counter pick

Seth on the other hand is balance to be on even terms with as many different characters as possible meaning he is the exact opposite of unfair, learning to deal with him is no different to learning to deal with any other character he just has a few little tricks that can really throw people off

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2013 12:29:31 GMT
You are clearly much more of seasoned SF player than I Stephen.

But trust me to newbie and compared to every fight leading up to it, he felt very cheap and unfair.

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 12:22:12 GMT
G. Hanks says:
Got to agree with Bauer, Seth at least feels cheap and an imbalanced difficulty spike in the game. But as Stephen says, compare him to other fighting games and perhaps not so bad. I'm thinking mainly original M.Bison and the bosses. Heavy attacks having the trumping power of light attacks etc...

One of the worst rage moments on original SF2 was facing a computer controlled Guile. He could throw Sonic booms and somersault kicks without having to charge for 2 seconds making him impossible to beat if the computer willed it. Oh, and playing as Dhalsim at almost any difficulty level Ken would dragon punch your fists.

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 11:48:02 GMT
Todesengel85 says:
Shao Kahn in Mortal Kombat 2011. Now that's cheap!

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 11:38:35 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Dec 2013 11:49:40 GMT
Seth is far from cheap in fact he's actually a 5-5 with pretty much everyone on the roster mean you are pretty evenly matched with practically any character against him plus he has a low HP pool.

Granted for a new player he can be a little overwhelming with his grapples, teleports and wall jumps but in spending a little bit of time in learning how to beat him and he's pretty much cake every time from then on

Seth is far from a cheap boss in fighting game standards in fact I consider it one of the fairest final bosses I've come across in a fighting game

Then again I can understand where the frustration would come from, you should try looking at final bosses from the likes of KoF or Tekken where you fight dragons and super powered versions of the characters that is total BS

Seth on the other hand is just tricky if you don't know how to fight him. He's pretty much all offense so it requires a knowledge of his abilities for when you can and cannot get a safe hit on him and then once you get the chance blow up on him get him stunned and just finish him, it's possible to down him in 3-4 solid combos

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2013 11:12:14 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Dec 2013 11:12:41 GMT
Easy Stephen

Add these 2 elements togethers

1 im not very good at it.

2. You eventually get through the rosta of opponents to face Seth, who just does Super Move, Super Move, Super Move, Super move, your dead.

Experience these 2 elements over and over again, until game pad meets wall.

I'm no Street Fighter expert, but i am pretty sure I am not the only person who found Seth to be a very cheap boss, with very cheap moves.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2013 11:04:15 GMT
I don't understand how Street Fighter can be rage inducing?

The only people I have seen rage while playing it are people who don't understand how the game works

Although Blanka is a bit of a troll character his mechanics are designed around mind gaming your opponent so even in the seemingly random elements there is strategy if you know how to play with it.

I'm curious what exactly did you find rage inducing?

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 09:26:02 GMT
The one on the dreamcast was my favourite, was it Streetfighter Alpha 2? I can't remember the exact title.
I remember there was a mode where you could play 2v1 against the AI with a friend, had a load of fun taking on Akuma as Ryu and Ken and still getting whooped most of the time.

I'm not very good at fighting games so the 2v1 mode was right up my street.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  10 Dec 2013
Latest post:  12 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions