Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Help with PC set up

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2014 06:28:08 GMT
guvn says:
The drive doesnt draw power from the motherboard, it has to be connected to the power supply also.Same as HDD's or SSD's, they have 2 connections, 1x Sata or IDE to the motherboard, and 1x Sata power connector to the PSU.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 07:33:01 GMT
tracy ball says:
Just a little update to those who tried to help me with my sons disc drive problem , I have been in touch with zoostorm and after going through a couple of things with them I have an engineer coming out on Friday to install a new DVD disc drive so I'm expecting a happy son come Friday :0) again thanks for all the suggestions x

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2013 23:50:45 GMT
Grungni says:
To access 'my computer', called 'my pc' in Windows 8: -

From start screen click on 'Desktop' tile this will take you to the desktop, then click on the file icon on the task bar, this will open a familiar file explorer interface where you should be able to see all the drives connected to your system.

Posted on 26 Dec 2013 20:19:32 GMT
tracy ball says:
Ultrakippa when I go into windows and double click nothing at all shows up I've tried this both when the PC starts up and also after pressing the log in to windows 8 to get the tiles onto the screen button , he also didn't get a little alen key to open the tray :0/. Mr.c.vaughan we can't find how to open "my computer" on windows 8 this is certainly nothing like the windows we have been used to I have tried going into the computers devices and on the tower icon but can't find anything about d-drives , thankyou both so much for trying tho :0/

Posted on 26 Dec 2013 16:46:27 GMT
As someone stated earlier , open 'my computer' to see if the disk drive is there. If it isn't, it may be that the cable from the disk drive to the motherboard is either loose or faulty(.Every component needs to be connected to the motherboard to draw power.) If it appears on your screen as usually the 'D' drive, at least you know it is connected. The little light you talk about only lights up when the drive is in use, (either reading or writing ) so just because it isn't lit doesn't mean it is faulty.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2013 15:03:49 GMT
Ultrakipper says:
When you load into windows double click on an empty area of the screen , you should see your drives etc. can you see the dvd ? If so right click on the dvd icon and select eject. Note You need the computer on to use the dvd drive. Did you get a little alen key type object , if so this is used to insert into a small hole on the front of the drive to eject the tray.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2013 09:33:27 GMT
tracy ball says:
Thanks for the replies , it does seem as thought the disc drive isn't connected but seeing as it's part of the tower and the tower is connected then surely there shouldn't be a separate connection for the top part of the tower ? I will of course try the zoostorm support but unfortunately they don't open until the 30th December :0( I deffo will not try messing around with the wires and so forth , I really am a novice and don't know enough about them to risk damaging the unit especially as the price of these gaming computers was a huge shock anyways ha ha.. Thank you so much about recommending steam my son had mentioned it but I didn't understand what he ment but now that it's been entwined on here the ill get him to download it , lastly I will try look on the computer about the drive icon to see if there's an eject, it's windows 8 but I'm sure it'll be more or less the same ? I hope that replays to all who have all tried to help ... Many thanks :0)

Posted on 26 Dec 2013 08:08:24 GMT
p wilson says:
does the Drive (D:) show up in Windows (this came with 7premium?) Try Start > Computer > right click the drive icon if its there to eject.
if not then either loose cable, faulty drive... one for support, I agree with above posts.
my drive button not always work, the drive and the OS (windows 7) conflict.

Posted on 26 Dec 2013 07:54:54 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Dec 2013 07:55:02 GMT
Maybe the DVD drive isn't connected.

I wouldn't advise poking around unless you know what you're doing.

Email support.

Also, as it's a gaming PC, install Steam and buy games from there. It's often cheaper than using a DVD drive.

Posted on 26 Dec 2013 07:20:10 GMT
Try support@zoostorm.co.uk

Posted on 26 Dec 2013 07:12:14 GMT
knightz says:
Sounds as though the power cable isn't plugged iI at the back of the DVD player.

Posted on 26 Dec 2013 06:48:05 GMT
tracy ball says:
I'm not sure if I've posted this on the wrong form , apologies if I have x

Initial post: 26 Dec 2013 06:46:43 GMT
tracy ball says:
Hi all I got my son a zoomstom gaming PC and this is the first time he's had a desk top , there is no clear instructions as where to put all the wires in the PC tower but I think I have it right, thing is we haven't a clue how to get the DVD/disc drawer open , there is a button but it won't open it.. We also think there should be a little LCD light lit up beside the disc bit but it's unlit.. I think it's something so simple but it's causing us a lot of unhappiness , I'd greatly appreciate any help anyone could give me as I feel lost how to fix this :0( thanks for reading
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  26 Dec 2013
Latest post:  2 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions