Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

It's The Fighting Game Thread!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 549 posts in this discussion
Posted on 20 Mar 2015 20:44:21 GMT
MKX on PS4 has built in compatibility with PS3 fightsticks - solves an issue for me though I may well go with pad in any case.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2015 17:39:14 GMT
Yeah those backdrops are visually fantastic , lookin forward to seeing all the content they've deliberately held back on showing , but even just from what I've seen they've got my buy in anyway already.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2015 14:22:01 GMT
Yes, yes, yes. I'm glad the rumour has come true. Jason Voorhees and Predator, I think this has become a must buy purchase for me now :)

Posted on 20 Mar 2015 12:47:34 GMT
Beck says:
Predator has leaked as another DLC fighter, as well as 2 classic MK fighters also (didnt mention who).

Posted on 20 Mar 2015 11:38:59 GMT
Yeah - I watch most of the stream - I loved it when they fluffed one of Milenna's Finishers, made me feel a lot better!

Loved how dynamic the backgrounds looked too - pretty stunning. I like Milenna as a moveset.

Hyped.

Posted on 20 Mar 2015 11:29:10 GMT
So it was a Quitality! Pretty cool you'll have that as a visual now for d/c's.

It was Milenna and Takeda they were showing off both looked good but Takeda did look very strong from the walk through they did on his moves.

Posted on 19 Mar 2015 09:07:30 GMT
Beck says:
The latest MK twitch stream will happen tomorrow, they will be showing off some of the new characters (already leaked), but also revealing a new *ality!

I hope Babality comes back, although I dont look forward to the rage messages. I think in general NRS games attract the most rage messages, although maybe thats because I played Cyrax in MK9 (over 70% damage combos) and Superman in Injustice (before he was nerfed) :-/

Posted on 18 Mar 2015 16:31:51 GMT
Not heard much about KI gameplay wise but I love the look of the game, and the "free to play" model they chose was interesting too. I think the next 24 months should see a healthy increase in FG choice on the new machines - Tekken, SFV (et al!), J Stars Victory VS+, Pokken (if you must) on the way - Under Night In Birth Ex Late just landed on PS3 too (though I am waiting for a cheap deal to try).

Tekken 7 had it's arcade official launch today btw - hopefully means the console release is not too far away.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Mar 2015 15:44:34 GMT
KI doesn't really do it for me either. Me and my friends play UFC instead. Takedowns and clinches are banned and we have a lot of fun playing stand up only matches.

Posted on 18 Mar 2015 14:14:41 GMT
That sounds sweet. Shame about SFV but theres always Super SFV, Super SFV Arcade and Ultra SFV to look forward too - I will eat my hat if they are not multi platform!

I am kind of looking forward to SFIV on PS4 (due soon) - but I don't have a six button pad for PS4 yet and struggle with SF on a normal controller - so any Street Fighter game will cost me a Hori Pro at the least which is currently import only and about £45 all in! Unless that Skull Girls code comes in that converts PS3 sticks to PS4.

Posted on 18 Mar 2015 13:45:22 GMT
Defo pickin up MKX on launch , seein as sfv won't be an option for me :/

Really lookin forward to havin a fighter I can sink my teeth into on x1 as KI just didn't do it for me, my regular group of lads I play with are all pickin it up as well so should be about 10 of us which should make for some fun private lobby matches!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2015 18:09:54 GMT
Haven't been able to get into an online game as of yet. Just seems like no one is playing it online, which is a bit of a shame TBH.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2015 18:01:22 GMT
Lol - I have divekick on Vita and PS3 and love it too bits in short bursts. What is it like finding an online game on PS4, damn near impossible on Vita?

Posted on 16 Mar 2015 16:27:53 GMT
I bought Divekick for the PS4 while it was cheap (might still be cheap as well)... probably not going to appeal to the hardcore fighting gamers out there, but it is fun to play in short bursts... plus it suits my skill level quite well, as it only uses two buttons ;).

Posted on 16 Mar 2015 16:16:58 GMT
L-Digital says:
Its live action. I read today that Capcom have already greenlit a follow up called the World Warrior. Based on what I have seen, I will be looking forward to it

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2015 15:38:33 GMT
Seisachtheia says:
Is it anime or live-action?

I watched Street Fighter: Alpha Generations not long ago - a short anime film, nice bit of backstory for Akuma and Gouken in it and a couple of decent fight scenes. The subtitles were so badly translated it was hilarious in places though.

Posted on 16 Mar 2015 13:53:33 GMT
Beck says:
I'm looking forward to MKX, regarding region lock, thats nothing new with NRS, as it was the case in previous games. You can find good connections in the 100 man lobbies (player matches), I dont usually bother with ranked as you cant have instant rematch. I wanna find a good connection player and go at it for awhile.

In case people didnt know, the PS360 version has been delayed to summer I believe.. Seems last gen is definitely getting put on the back burner in terms of priority more and more.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2015 13:35:27 GMT
Yeah they should be able to get him in there but I'd prefer the Robert Englund one. Would love them to put all the horror icons in, would definitely get me to buy the game then.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2015 12:37:15 GMT
Last edited by the author on 16 Mar 2015 12:37:41 GMT
Yeah Freddy (new Freddy Jackie Earle haley ) was in the last one so they could pop in again too surely.

Maybe the devs should make a full on Horror icon spin off ! .. Chucky vs Mike Myers, Jason vs Leatherface etc etc

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2015 12:28:07 GMT
Cerberus says:
I don't get fighting games that go exclusive, it's bloody stupid as it's a super niche genre as it is, so potentially halving your target audience from the get go is ???
The Shadow mode in KI sounds cleaver, any adaptive ai like that should be in all games where possible, or at least have the option of using it.

Posted on 16 Mar 2015 12:19:19 GMT
Mortal Kombat X wasn't on my radar but having Voorhees as a playable character has definitley peeked my interest. Need to put Freddy in there so we can have some Freddy vs Jason battles :) I also hope the rumour that Predator is going to be a DLC character are true.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2015 11:57:51 GMT
Yeah - I would be all over KI if I had an XB1. KI is also introducing "Shadows" where the AI will fight in the style of a real player a bit like Forza's drivetars. TTT2 had a feature a bit like that too - would like to see it in every fighter.

@L-Digital - funny eneough I just bought the bluray of that Street Fighter movie, will watch it myself soon but have heard good things about from a fan point of view.

Posted on 16 Mar 2015 11:32:47 GMT
L-Digital says:
Slightly on topic off topic

I watched the Street Fighter - Assassins Fist movie/net series on Netflix over the weekend. I expected it to be absolute tripe but fancied a laugh.
As a street fighter fan, It turned out to be really enjoyable and definitely the best Streetfighter related tie in (which isnt hard based on what came before). I think it helps that this is officially sanctioned by capcom and considered Cannon. Its a bit cheesy in parts but overall I thought it was really well made by people who clearly love the source material. If you are a Ryu/Ken, Goken, Akuma fan you will definitely be able to appreciate this

Posted on 16 Mar 2015 11:14:36 GMT
Cerberus says:
Been looking at quite a few Killer Instinct vids and HISAKO looks nuts, love the way they animated her head roll from side to side.

Posted on 16 Mar 2015 11:05:57 GMT
Last edited by the author on 16 Mar 2015 11:06:25 GMT
and Jason Voorhees is coming to MKX ! ... yey !

Yeah I am looking forward to this, its the only fighter I will pay full price for !
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  34
Total posts:  549
Initial post:  31 Dec 2012
Latest post:  7 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions