Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

October getting a bit crowded...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 76 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Jun 2014 21:38:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Jun 2014 21:53:25 BDT
Mr Muggles says:
Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor
DriveClub
Alien Isolation
Dragon Age Inquisition
Evolve
Battlefield Hardline
The Evil Within
Assassins Creed Unity

All coming out in October. It's like which to play first and what to get later. Still can't decide :( Though I notice Costume Quest 2 is also supposedly out Halloween as well.

Posted on 14 Jun 2014 21:51:25 BDT
Battlefield Hardline will probably be a bug ridden mess and by the time it is fixed it will be far cheaper.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2014 21:54:23 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Jun 2014 21:54:46 BDT
Mr Muggles says:
According to impressions from various people in the beta it is pretty solid and not like what BF4 was, as it is based on the BF3 engine.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2014 21:58:39 BDT
Arhhh but are these your impressions or the impressions of people paid by EA, like some youtubers were last time (for BF4).
http://bf4central.com/2014/01/youtube-producers-ea-broke-ftc-rules-battlefield-4-promotion/

Sorry I'm still very bitter about BF4.

Posted on 14 Jun 2014 22:02:45 BDT
A Portal Gun says:
I've played the beta, it feels like a mod on PC. Honestly, at first I thought it was just DLC for BF4 and not this year's actual BF game. Can't see it doing well at all come release.

Posted on 15 Jun 2014 03:01:04 BDT
I would have much preferred a Bad Company 3 to Hardline tbh. And if they want EA can make a much more focused cops vs robbers game using Frostbite 3 engine. It has huge potential (as the way even a small game by a small dev proved with PayDay) but I think they're going about it all wrong. I don't know what aspect DICE are involved, are they doing the MP while Visceral Games (Dead Space) do the single player? I'm guessing the bulk of DICE are working on Battlefront. If I'm honest I'd much prefer DICE had used the time to make a new Battlefield 1943, include the original maps and build maybe 5/6 more. That'd be perfect imo.

For me much will depend on how well Destiny grips me. I'm hoping the MP/co-op aspect has me hooked which will mean I'll probably stick with it until November. So I'm just looking at SP experiences. I will definitely pick up Alien: Isolation (I think that's one of the first games to come out in October) and finish the month off with The Evil Within.

I'm done with Assassin's Creed until they overhaul the combat and assassin mechanics. I don't see this ever happening so I'm done with the franchise. Pretty but stale imo.

And I'll pass DriveClub and wait for The Crew. If Drive Club is still a free download I might give it a whirl just to see it run but I'm not paying money for it.

Evolve is solely dependent on friends buying it. It looks good fun and I was huge L4D fan so hoping it has similar legs.

Posted on 15 Jun 2014 10:21:27 BDT
Tim says:
Hardline does feel like cops and robbers dlc but I think the people will still buy it.

Also andy, jackfrags has a video discussing what you linked. Those videos are clearly marked sponsored by ronku or something like that. Also the video in the link is only a levolution guide. Jackfrags has been very influential in getting bf4 to a better state and very outspoken about its problems.

I'm also very bitter about BF4 too btw.

Posted on 15 Jun 2014 16:53:51 BDT
BF Hardline feels like a random Deathmatch game with some Vault placed in the level. Its BF so people will buy it but it feels more like DLC or some game with the BF name tacked on. Dissapointed.

I'm actually looking forward more to the new Nintendo games and I may actually buy a Wii U quickly. And I had serious plans to buy s PS4 first. That Nintendo presentation and treehouse stuff really convinced me.

Posted on 15 Jun 2014 20:13:38 BDT
Scott Berry says:
i'm going to keep my lazy eye on it If it turns out to have a good single player campaign I will get it when the price drops, im more intrested n dragon age, I just hope its not a let down

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2014 20:30:17 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jun 2014 20:33:21 BDT
Andy the article you have linked to is only worthy of the daily mail. Youtubers were paid to show videos which highlighted levolution and did not focus on bugs. So for instance one of jack frags videos which has no commentary, simply shows the levolution in Flood Zone, he got money from EA for this video. He was then free to say anything positive or negative he liked in other videos. To say youtubers were paid to say positive things is simply incorrect.

After playing the Destiny Alpha and Hardline Beta I've decided on these two for my fps needs in winter 2014. Evolve still interests me but unless I get the opportunity to give it try first I will stick with the other two.

Posted on 15 Jun 2014 21:40:23 BDT
howmuch75 says:
Oh dear I must get saving October looks like a killer month.
I've got my eye on six of those depending on reviews,as much as it will cost me a fortune.
I really hope the lotr,the evil withing and dragon age are good as I'm looking forward to them the most.

Posted on 16 Jun 2014 16:39:41 BDT
Alien Girl says:
Costume Quest 2! YAY!

I loved Costume Quest, probably the only turn based game I liked.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2014 22:38:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Jun 2014 22:40:24 BDT
Mr Muggles says:
Unfortunately Tasha Harris is no longer overseeing it, as she went to Pixar. But I got all the achievements on CQ and the expansion as that's how much I loved the game, so basically as long as they try to recreate the original formula and not mess it up I'll probably still buy it on release. If you like South Park too, then as a fan of CQ I can also recommend Stick of Truth, as it has many similar gameplay systems and the South Park humour :)

Posted on 17 Jun 2014 07:39:25 BDT
djburty says:
Not too busy for me - just shadow of mordor and da inquisition, if they both hold on to that rd. Oh and probably costume quest 2 :)

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jun 2014 12:47:48 BDT
Alien Girl says:
I did the whole shebang on CQ as well and got the extras.

Hate South Park so that is a non starter, I'm afraid!

Posted on 17 Jun 2014 13:17:20 BDT
DaveManhore says:
Imagine i'll still be mainly playing Destiny through October. Although I really want Evolve on release. Looks unique.

Posted on 18 Jun 2014 01:23:20 BDT
Doonni says:
I can't wait to play Battlefield Hardline on my PlayStation 3.

Posted on 18 Jun 2014 07:58:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jun 2014 07:58:22 BDT
I really suggest playing a demo before launch, you may be very dissapointed. Or get in the alpha/beta. Or play rainbow 6 if you want something tactical.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jun 2014 08:26:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jun 2014 08:27:31 BDT
Hey Dooni , don't you find it worrying that only game you could pick out that list was Battflefield Hardline!

Especially if Battlefield 4 on PS3 is anything to go by, it will look as good and run as smooth as a 28 stone naked Brazilian man carrying 2 heavy bags of shopping !

Posted on 18 Jun 2014 09:51:08 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jun 2014 10:23:50 BDT
R says:
The only games sticking out for me are Destiny and Far Cry 4 at the mo. Everything else is a wait and see how they are received and reviewed. Driveclub is a possible as the game play vids look good. And saying that I'm a fan of Battlefield even I'm considering not getting Hardline - the beta didn't grab me but needs must so I may buy it for my multiplayer fix.

Posted on 18 Jun 2014 09:53:37 BDT
The more I see and hear of Drive Club, the more I want it

Posted on 18 Jun 2014 10:33:12 BDT
WhatNow says:
The rumour is regarding Drive Club was they pulled it from there conference at the last moment because of the Forza reveal. Read into that what you want. If looking a car game I think the Crew could be the way to go.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jun 2014 22:53:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jun 2014 22:55:07 BDT
Equinox80 says:
So you're not fussed about playing it at 60fps and it not looking as rough as a-holes then? Those kind of things bother me but each to their own I suppose.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jun 2014 23:46:53 BDT
Ness says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2014 00:17:24 BDT
R says:
For as good as drive club looks is it open world? Horizon 2 has weather effects too plus horizon one IMO was quality. 30fps vs 60fps isn't a biggy for me in an open world game. And I'm sure horizon 2 will look good.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  25
Total posts:  76
Initial post:  14 Jun 2014
Latest post:  21 Jun 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions