Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 619 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 May 2014 15:16:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 May 2014 16:29:20 BDT
Ness says:
So it's almost already time for another E3 extravaganza, five weeks yesterday until the big show.

As Sony and MS get ready to try and temp people to their side of the console war which games are you most looking forward to and what announcements do you hope to hear at this years show ?.

Nintendo are not having a traditional press conference for the second year in a row preferring instead to do a pre recorded digital presentation. They will however still be at the show with all the usual playable demo's like the other companies.

Here are a list of rumoured / likely games we will see on June 9th -

Microsoft -

Halo 5.
Halo 2 Anniversary.
Fable Legends.
Forza Horizon 2.
Gears of War.
Quantum Break.
Sunset Overdrive.
Project Spark.

Sony -

The Order 1886.
Driveclub.
Deep Down.
Demons Souls 2.
Uncharted 4.
God of War 4.
Gran Turismo 7.
Guerrilla Games Sci Fi RPG.
Quantic Dream project.
Media Molecule project.

Nintendo -

The Legend of Zelda U.
Smash Bros U.
X.
Bayonetta 2.
Sonic Boom.
Hyrule Warriors.
Miyamoto's rumoured Gamepad focused new IP.
Retro's project.

Third Parties -

EA -

Mass Effect 4.
Dragon Age Inquisition.
Visceral developed police themed Battlefield.
Star Wars Battlefront 3.
Mirrors Edge 2.
The Sims 4.
New Need for Speed.
Fifa / Madden / UFC 2015.

Ubisoft -

The Division.
The Crew.
Farcry 4.
Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4/XB1 only).
Assassin's Creed (PS360 only).
Beyond Good & Evil 2.
New Splinter Cell.

Misc Third Parties -

Destiny.
Call of Duty: Advance Warfare.
Batman Arkham Knight.
Metal Gear Solid V.
The Witcher 3.
The Evil Within.
Resident Evil 7.
Final Fantasy XIV.
Kingdom Hearts 3.
... And a lot more I can't recall at this time :p.

Posted on 6 May 2014 15:37:03 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 May 2014 15:38:13 BDT
R - Dual says:
More info/gameplay about Quantum Break, The Division, Halo 5, Gears of War, and Star Wars Battlefront - these are the games I'm looking forward to the most. I'm interested in Far Cry 4 and Uncharted 4 too but I'm not convinced I'll buy the next iterations so need more info. And hopefully lots of new previously unknown game announcements. I'd also like to hear MS address their lack of appeal at the moment - they'll need to focus on core games which I think they will, and hopefully unveil a Kinectless XB1.

Posted on 6 May 2014 16:18:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 May 2014 16:18:51 BDT
noblood says:
Good list.
In addition to those you listed, I'm interested in these others too:

Dying Light
Deep Down
The Witness
Journey (PS4 remake)

At the top of the list for me would be a next gen 2014 release of Demon Souls 2 (Project Beast) by the original DS team.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 16:27:26 BDT
Ness says:
I do hope there are a lot of new IP's revealed at the show as out of the 50 games I listed, only 11 are new IP's.

Destiny is another actually, can't believe I forgot that !

Did anyone read Activision said that they are spending $500 million launching Destiny between development costs and marketing in an effort to create a franchise as large as CoD and WoW. They will need to sell 18.5 million copies just to break even on $500 million !

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 16:28:27 BDT
Ness says:
Deep Down is a PS4 exclusive I forgot, really nice looking game and another new IP. Will add it to the list.

I don't get the Demon / Dark Souls thing tbh, are they two different IP's I take it and Sony own one of them ?.

Posted on 6 May 2014 16:35:20 BDT
Im very excited to hear more on nearly all of those , but especially :

SW Battlefront
New Splinter Cell
The Division
Uncharted 4

I'm also hoping for confirmation date for The Last of Us remastered

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 16:36:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 May 2014 16:36:55 BDT
R - Dual says:
"Did anyone read Activision said that they are spending $500 million launching Destiny between development costs and marketing in an effort to create a franchise as large as CoD and WoW. They will need to sell 18.5 million copies just to break even on $500 million ! "

Yep I read that. I think they are crazy. For new console only IP I just cannot see it selling that many.

Posted on 6 May 2014 16:41:13 BDT
E3 should be interesting this year.

Looking forward to the very faint possibility of some Demon's Souls 2 info.
Plus more info on "No man's sky" would be nice.

Posted on 6 May 2014 16:43:24 BDT
A Day Z console reveal would make my day.
A Fallout 4 reveal would make my year.
A California Games HD remake would make my hole weak.

Posted on 6 May 2014 16:44:33 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 May 2014 16:45:52 BDT
Destiny is coming to ps360 isn't it?

Do you mean it would have a laxative effect Lill?! lol

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 16:48:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 May 2014 16:48:45 BDT
Ness says:
I think it will sell extremely well tbh, come late Summer Destiny will be everywhere with regards to advertising, by launch week there will be an advert on every time they run a set. The GTA V advert was on almost all the time and Take Two apparently spent less than $50 million on marketing so we will be sick of Destiny by the time it arrives haha.

I don't know if Destiny will appeal to the CoD crowd although if Skyrim can sell 13.5 million copies on PS360 alone then anything is possible given Skyrim's limited appeal to the masses. I guess now we know why Destiny is cross gen lol !

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 17:00:09 BDT
Ness says:
Don't know if you plan on getting both consoles eventually Lill but check out this game, it called 'H1Z1', it's very similar to Day Z, it's a Sony first party game and uses the Planetside 2 engine. Here's a trailer if you're interested -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE--rFTBLzU

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 17:01:02 BDT
noblood says:
"I don't get the Demon / Dark Souls thing tbh, are they two different IP's I take it and Sony own one of them ?."

Yes, I think Sony own the Demons Souls IP, although not 100% about that.
I'm sure someone on here knows the full reason behind the series.

Tbh, Deep Down looks like a next gen version of Demons Souls.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 17:17:38 BDT
R - Dual says:
I think it will sell well - but I think they are expecting COD/GTA sales. Not so sure about that - you never know.

Not sure what the appeal is of DayZ? I've never played it but I've watched a few game play vids. To me, and correct if I'm wrong, it has no story, nor missions and encounters with others/zombies are infrequent. Seems a bit dull to me - just about survival and that's it?

Fallout 4 would be nice too.

Alan Wake 2 would be nice but seeing as it didn't sell particularly well I think it's consigned to history now.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 17:18:43 BDT
G. Hanks says:
Alternatively because they've spent a ridiculously over inflated budget we'll probably see it released, make a loss and never hear about the franchise again as it's deemed a failure regardless of how much it sells. This industry never seems to learn.

Anyway, for me No Man's Sky is the only game I'm allowing myself to get hyped about so more footage and a release date would be just fine.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 17:30:17 BDT
Ness says:
DayZ is basically a massive open World game set in a post apocalyptic setting where thousands of players all have the option to help each other or kill each other.

"Alan Wake 2 would be nice but seeing as it didn't sell particularly well I think it's consigned to history now."

I'm sure Remedy have said they will return to the Alan Wake story eventually, hopefully after Quantum Break.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 17:31:21 BDT
Ness says:
I totally forgot about No Man's Sky although it wouldn't surprise me if it's now an XB1 exclusive after MS helped the developers financially after their flood last year.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 17:32:40 BDT
G. Hanks says:
What? Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! I'll be gutted if that happens.

Posted on 6 May 2014 17:34:09 BDT
Dela says:
Unreal 3
Unreal Tournament 4
Doom 4
Any new Star Wars game
Homefront 2
A new IP from Crytek
Gears of War 4

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 18:06:59 BDT
noblood says:
"I totally forgot about No Man's Sky although it wouldn't surprise me if it's now an XB1 exclusive after MS helped the developers financially after their flood last year."

I remember that and read it with suspicion too.
Come on MS, restore my faith in humanity and tell us it remains multi.

Posted on 7 May 2014 08:39:38 BDT
A lot of exciting titles coming up, be good to have a lot more choices for next gen (this gen). Hopefully the show really focuses on the games.

Posted on 7 May 2014 10:00:06 BDT
EA announce Star Wars 1313 sneak attack *please please pleeeeeeaaassseeee*

Posted on 7 May 2014 10:46:14 BDT
A Portal Gun says:
I've become less and less of a gamer over the last couple of years, but E3 still remains a little ritual for me. Most of the releases I'll never touch, but the hype is undeniable.

I'll be happy to see anything really, any Halo trailers are always welcome.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2014 10:55:36 BDT
J. Morgan says:
Opposite for me. When it comes to games I prefer to avoid the hype since most of the time the hype never equals the final product.
Nothing really wrong with WatchDogs for instance, but had no one seen that early trailer the reception would have been a whole lot better.

Posted on 7 May 2014 12:39:26 BDT
WhatNow says:
I think its a big E3 for Microsoft as they have the most to prove and have a feeling hey have some big things to announce. Nintendo could be the surprise packet and could be the big hit. If they announce the games we are expecting and then announce a unified account system it could be a bigger winner. Sony are still riding high from last year and there is not a lot of pressure to put on a good show. Just to continue the momentum they need to some games.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  60
Total posts:  619
Initial post:  6 May 2014
Latest post:  2 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions