Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Platini's Fifth Official Amazon Football Thread - Post Fergie Number 1

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Apr 2014 09:05:03 BDT
Well welcome one and all to the official Newcastle United supporters thread.

That's what I wanted to say but Dave said he'd tell my mum and report me to Lill if I don't play nice with all the other kids.

Other options were the David Moyes appreciation society

Instead we are the official Omni supporter's thread.

Welcome to anyone who wants to discuss all matters related to the beautiful game.

If you are new, then feel free to join in. Unless you're a troll of which no names will be mentioned.

There are some things you should know about us all.

We have RAB the UTD fan and commander of the predictions league, making even the most dull games have some meaning for some years, please feel free to join in and predict along. Along with him Waxy, Frederico who I think was kidnapped recently and no one knows and many others, They are not too happy this year, not sure why and I await one of them switching allegiances to Liverpool and proclaiming that their boyhood love has won out in the end. UTD fans used to feel so superior and separate from all the manager replacements the rest of us have to deal with, seems like Moyes has dragged them back to the Mortal realm.

We have the Dolphins, Mick who is stout-hearted and manly and therefore supports Newcastle United, Bri is like the Family member no one invites to X mas dinner and don't talk much about, Of course he supports Liverpool, The only red shirt in Newcastle. His Mental instability can be gleaned from his lengthy posts about how Luiz Suarez compares to Ghandi and Mother Theresa in his humility and compassion for his fellow man.
WRT Liverpool there is also Steve, once again we don't really talk about Steve, it's like Fight club, and the first rule of Steve is...don't talk about Steve. He also lives nowhere near Liverpool but his scouser accent is great, not as great as his scouser haircut though.

Also who would have thought Liverpool would be where they are now at the start of the year, No one, that's who?

I don't think we have any Man City Fans here? Wait a year, I fully expect Freddie to be a City fan by the end of next season, and come back a changed man.

We have the unbreakable Mike E, banner waver of the lower divisions and Shrewsbury die hard. If you think people are being rude by not replying to him, we are not, we just don't have any idea who and what he is talking about most of the time.

Lill likewise as a supporter of Leicester has his eyes focussed elsewhere, but it seems not for long as they return to the upper echelons of proper Football. Maybe he will feel the pain and heartache the rest of us do next season? The pain and heartache the rest of us feel when he corrects our grammar and generally tells us off for bad behaviour. Maybe I should delete this paragraph before I get in trouble again????

I'm not allowed to talk about Dave due to the court order, but suffice to say he is a Chelsea fan, whose heart was broken as he and his true love Juan Mata were forever sundered by the M6 and the Dark Power of the North West.

We have some Arsenal Fans in Rich and ??? are there any others left. Luckily this year's form seemed to have prevented the predicted mass suicide we all anticipated them committing. As Wenger spent 40M on one player, yes he did. But Injuries to Key players have ensured another Nail biting 4th Place finish, but a cup final beckons so we might not be able to use the no trophy line on them for long

Some Spurs fans in Andy and Si at the beginning of the year everything looked so rosy, they had lost Bale, but spent millions on a new team and had a good young manager. Now things don't look quite so good, Soldado could not score in a brothel with a golden wanger and Lamela seems well worth his 30m, no wait he really does not, still they have a young team and a new slightly less young and slightly more experienced manager, no wait, they are getting rid of him now as well, oh dear who knows what Spurs will do? But they certainly won't be signing any rubbish Newcastle players apparently.

Notable mentions must go to some of the threads new blood Jamie, who is doing far too well at predictions and Mark who's a bit like my early days with controversial opinions about things, but with far less charm and sophistication, and good looks and humour, sexual charisma and general awesomeness. Phil who seems to support both Newcastle and Arsenal, well I suppose when both teams are so good at winning nothing, you might as well hedge your bets. I predict another tough year ahead for the Toon, it's going to be painful I can feel it.

And we are not all about the EPL, and these fair and green lands, I myself am a Scot and we have a few more Bally used to post more when Rangers played in civilisation and Ness still believes Celtic are the biggest Team in Europe. Celtic fans should be credited for putting up with Neil Lennon though; every time the man's on TV I can't finish my dinner, Yuch.

But getting really International we have Real Madrid Fan, Aamod. Who is Indian, but now lives in America, Yes it's obvious why he supports Madrid we all think so too. Ask him about Mourinho, his enthusiasm for the man knows no bounds.

Anyhoo, we are a very friendly bunch, we take the pish out of each other quite a bit and if your team lose then don't expect comfort and consolation in here. Someone else benefitted by your team's loss.

Oh and if you do happen to be a Man UTd fan and are wondering why all your posts are getting marked down, then let me introduce you to anti Man UTD Man. AKA the Liverpool Mafia

A phantom who haunts the darkest depths of our dreams and manifests himself the only way he knows how, by marking down any posts about Man UTD, or by anyone who supports Man UTD, or anyone who ever predicts a Man UTD win in predictions leagues. It seems like he only has the ability to mark down, not up and has never posted yet, One day if he ever does, we have our first proof of life after death.

Oh and with Ryan, Dave and Lill taking turns on the Daily news, you'll never need to buy a newspaper ever again. You'll hear everything right here first.

So this thread marks a major change as UTD languish in 7th and Liverpool look certainties to lift the title. This will also be a World Cup Year and Dave said I better mention it, so there its mentioned.

So feel free to join in with the banter and also the predictions, just say hello and tell us what team you support, if you want to start predictions just let Ryan know (RAB) and start predicting. Our current Champion is floundering which is like an imitation of real life and it's all up for grabs, the prizes on offer for winning are huge....... Honest. And as you'd Imagine I am currently odds on favourite to lift this year's title after finishing very low down last Year. I must be Liverpool

So welcome one and all to the 5th version of the best thread ever......

Posted on 24 Apr 2014 09:06:04 BDT
Hey Bumders

Lets keep this haven Troll free.........

Dave get yer predictions in.

Posted on 24 Apr 2014 09:31:54 BDT
RABB says:
About bloody time you faux-Geordie, incorherent Jock slacker!

Reminder of the games to be predicted on:

West Brom-West Ham

And some news for you all:

Manchester United are convinced they will sign Southampton left-back Luke Shaw, 18, in a £30m deal that was planned before David Moyes's sacking earlier this week.

United are to make enquiries over whether Paris St-Germain may sell striker Edinson Cavani, 27, and may make another bid for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas, 26, whom they failed to sign last summer. (A striker as expensive as Cavani is the last thing we need right now.)

Barcelona will look to push through a move for Chelsea midfielder David Luiz, 27, after their transfer ban was temporarily lifted.

Jose Mourinho's interest in Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa, 25, could be ended because Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is thought to be keen on bringing Cavani to Stamford Bridge instead.

Barcelona have joined the pursuit of Tottenham's Belgium international defender Jan Vertonghen, 27, who is also wanted by Roma.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez is thought to be considering a move for Manchester United and England midfielder Tom Cleverley, 23, as a long-term replacement for 33-year-old Leon Osman

The Toffees are also considering a move for another Manchester United England international, 23-year-old striker Danny Welbeck.

With uncertainty over the future of 26-year-old Netherlands international goalkeeper Tim Krul at Newcastle, the Magpies are looking at Jeroen Zoet, 23, of PSV Eindhoven, and Celtic's Fraser Forster, 26, as possible replacements.

Newcastle have been offered Monaco striker Emmanuel Riviere for about £4.5m, but are likely to reject the chance to sign the 24-year-old, who has scored 13 goals in 33 games this season.

Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez, now the Napoli boss, is keen to sign Reds defender Daniel Agger, 29, this summer.

Newcastle will make a renewed bid to sign Benfica's Serbia midfielder Filip Djuricic, 22, after meeting the player's representative last week.

Southampton's Calum Chambers, 19, is being viewed by Arsenal as a possible replacement for Bacary Sagna, 31.

Newcastle and Sunderland face a tussle to sign Sporting Lisbon winger Diego Capel, 26.

David Moyes accused his Manchester United stars of playing like girls during his ill-fated reign at Old Trafford - and claimed they were trying to get him the sack. (To be fair they did.)

Ryan Giggs told United's players "we will go back to playing like Manchester United" during his first team talk following his appointment as the club's interim manager.

Manchester United co-chairmen Joel and Avram Glazer, plus director brother Bryan, are flying to England to consult with chief executive Ed Woodward over the recruitment of the club's next manager.

Former United captain Roy Keane has emerged as a possible assistant to Louis van Gaal if the Dutchman is named as Moyes's full-time successor. (That sounds like a horrible idea. Two authoritarian managers, one of whom has spent most of his television career slagging United off. Nope.)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, 64, is planning to sign a new contract at the club this summer - and then go on a £70m spending spree to improve the Gunners squad.

Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 27, says his team need to show more character and admitted it would be "difficult to do worse" against the big clubs next season.

Chelsea's board have approved Jose Mourinho's controversial plans to field a weakened team in Sunday's Premier League match against Liverpool at Anfield.

A takeover of Birmingham has moved a step closer after proposals from at least five interested parties were discussed at a board meeting of the Blues' parent company, Birmingham International Holdings Ltd.

QPR boss Harry Redknapp admits he has been inundated with offers of players for next season - but has told agents he will not make any decisions until he knows what division the club will be in.

In addition to David Luiz, Barcelona are looking at Paris St-Germain's Thiago Silva, 29, Athletic Bilbao's Aymeric Laporte, 19, Villarreal's Mateo Musacchio, 23, Real Sociedad's Inigo Martinez, 22, and FC Basel's Fabian Schar, 22, as possible transfer targets to strengthen their squad.

Inter Milan President Erick Thorir is waiting to receive offers for goalkeeper Samir Handanovic. AS Monaco, Atletico Madrid, Manchester City and Real Madrid have shown an interest in the 29-year-old Slovenia international.

Bayer Leverkusen have begun making enquiries for Hamburg's 20-year-old Turkey international midfielder and Liverpool-target Hakan Calhanoglu.

Juventus are still unsure about extending the contract of Mauricio Isla, despite strong praise from compatriot Arturo Vidal for the 25-year-old Chilean midfielder.

Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti is the only viable option for AC Milan if they decide to sack current coach Clarence Seedorf at the end of the season.

A Liverpool fan in Kosovo who vowed not to have his hair cut until Liverpool won the Premier League is so confident the Reds will win the title that he has booked himself into the hairdressers for the first time in 11 years.

Posted on 24 Apr 2014 09:38:51 BDT
Mike E says:
Down the football league we go woohoo

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2014 09:42:08 BDT
"In addition to David Luiz, Barcelona are looking at Paris St-Germain's Thiago Silva, 29, Athletic Bilbao's Aymeric Laporte, 19, Villarreal's Mateo Musacchio, 23, Real Sociedad's Inigo Martinez, 22, and FC Basel's Fabian Schar, 22, as possible transfer targets to strengthen their squad."

Someone Mail this list to Alan Pardew for me?

Mick drop it off at St James' on your way by

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2014 09:42:42 BDT
Jesus the Mafia were in almost as quick as you Ryan

Posted on 24 Apr 2014 09:54:52 BDT
RABB says:
I'd quite like Laporte at Old Trafford actually. Or maybe Varane.

Posted on 24 Apr 2014 09:55:38 BDT
Morning Chaps...

Just thought i'd start off by saying:

Liverpool fighting relegation next season
Man Utd Winning the League without Losing or Drawing
Chelsea to go into Administration
Wenger to sign a 12 Year contract extension with Arsenal

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2014 09:56:42 BDT
Have you time jumped into 2020 and not told us Jamie?

Posted on 24 Apr 2014 09:56:50 BDT
AndyBSG says:
"QPR boss Harry Redknapp admits he has been inundated with offers of players for next season - but has told agents he will not make any decisions until he sees the size of the cash stuffed brown paper bag that comes with any offer"

Fixed that one.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2014 09:57:46 BDT
Football Manager 2014 - Year 2038

Derby for the Champions League also..

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2014 10:00:55 BDT
I cant see Madrid selling Varane Ryan?

He actually looked really good last night when he came on.

BTW that was an interesting game last night

As I predicted Munich are not as good this year under Pep as they were last year under Heynckes.

They badly needed some Heynckes direct football last night and all we got was Barca keeping possession and not creating.

Also cannot understand Mullers problem with his penalty claim, Alonso got the ball first.

Madrid favourites for me all year are still favourites, I can see the counter attack game work well for them in Munich. Plus they'll likely have both Bale and a fit Ronaldo on from the start.

Madrid vs Madrid final?

That's be interesting, though I have a feeling Chelsea might sneak through

Posted on 24 Apr 2014 10:01:03 BDT
Bozz says:
Morning All,

Some Town fans are doing a charity bike ride this week for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance. My mate does it every year and this year they set off from the Emirates yesterday and getting back into Hudds on Saturday AM before the game. This year though it crept up on him and he is doing it without any training, he hasnt rode a bike for 12 months! I spoke to him last night at his first stop in Cambridge and he was shattered.

We have Lill's Leicester on Saturday and I fully expect us to get royally pumped, especially now we have nothing to play for. I would guess 4/5-0 :(

Posted on 24 Apr 2014 10:08:07 BDT
Why are my posts getting marked up and the rest down?

Vote up people

destroy the PMD's

Posted on 24 Apr 2014 10:10:03 BDT
RABB says:
You're our new illustrious leader Cam, that's why.

Hail Hydra.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2014 10:24:08 BDT
Hail Hydra

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2014 11:11:08 BDT
I wouldn't be so sure Bozz, think our lot have been out on the town since Tuesday!
Great start Cam. Congrats to the Leeds fan ending the previous thread. Who would have thought they could type coherent sentences?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2014 11:16:50 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Apr 2014 11:17:06 BDT
AndyBSG says:
"My mate does it every year and this year they set off from the Emirates yesterday and getting back into Hudds on Saturday AM before the game"

Seems your mate and his friends have aroused some interest over on the CTC cycling forum which I also visit :)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2014 11:20:01 BDT
Bozz says:
Haha, yep, that was them!

I think theres about 300 of them doing it and they have already raised over £1m for the YAA in the last couple of years.

Thinking of doing it myself next year if I can finally get my body in decent nick

Posted on 24 Apr 2014 11:28:02 BDT
Soton 2-1 Everton
Fulham 0-1 Hull
Stoke 1-0 Spurs
Swansea 2-1 Villa
West Brom 0-1 West Ham
United 5-0 Norwich
Sunderland 0-1 Cardiff
Liverpool 3-1 Chelsea
Palace 1-0 City
Arsenal 4-0 Newcastle

Posted on 24 Apr 2014 11:28:14 BDT
Pretty impressive stuff Bozz. I did the London Marathon 2 weeks back and that was hard work but can't begin to imagine cycling that amount.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2014 11:29:27 BDT
Soton 2-2 Everton
Fulham 2-0 Hull
Stoke 2-1 Spurs
Swansea 2-0 Villa
West Brom 3-2 West Ham
United 4-1 Norwich
Sunderland 2-1 Cardiff
Liverpool 3-0 Chelsea
Palace 1-3 City
Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle

Posted on 24 Apr 2014 11:42:05 BDT
Mick says:
Well done Cam on the start of the thread.

Soton 1-1 Everton
Fulham 2-2 Hull
Stoke 1-2 Spurs
Swansea 2-1 Villa
West Brom 2-0 West Ham
United 3-0 Norwich
Sunderland 2-2 Cardiff
Liverpool 3-1 Chelsea
Palace 1-2 City
Arsenal 4-0 Newcastle

Posted on 24 Apr 2014 11:42:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Apr 2014 11:44:31 BDT
AndyBSG says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 24 Apr 2014 12:00:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Apr 2014 12:22:01 BDT
Ballisticola says:
That's much the same as Competitive Eating ;)

With eating you'll generally find that once you can do 20 cakes regularly with out too many problems it's then not much of a huge stretch to double, triple or even quadruple that, there's very much a 'gateau' you need to reach. Usually Black Forest.

Then the only real issue is tackling pies where your weight becomes the main factor against you!

As for comparing it to Snickers, I can happily eat 100 in a day without too many problems but even half a Snickers a couple of years ago nearly nearly killed me so I think Competitive Eating is much harder than long distance cycling
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 364 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  71
Total posts:  9087
Initial post:  24 Apr 2014
Latest post:  4 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions