Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

xbox one exclusive

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 87 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Aug 2014 18:44:05 BDT
stucody says:
Rise of the Tomb Raider is now exclusive to Xbox One!

Posted on 12 Aug 2014 18:45:27 BDT
Timed exclusive.

Posted on 12 Aug 2014 18:48:29 BDT
stucody says:
Good to see more exclusives for the xbox one.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2014 19:33:37 BDT
MF says:
Why is it stu ?

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2014 19:39:22 BDT
I assume as it will help MS compete a little better with the locomotive Steam Engine that is Sony's PS4 !!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 09:15:45 BDT
"Timed exclusive."

Nope

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 09:22:06 BDT
The fact Phil Spencer wouldn't outright say it's permanent says everything tbh. It's timed and will eventually come to PS4.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 09:28:18 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Aug 2014 09:28:58 BDT
yeah the words being used out of CD and MS certainly suggest timed exclusive.

tbh I see why they wouldn't admit that, kind of defeats the point of spending all this money getting TR, but they are going to look very silly when/if it does get confirmed as a timed exclusive.

I reckon PS4 will get a definitive edition again 6 months down the line.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 09:29:39 BDT
Nick. says:
CBOAT saying timed along with the fact that Phil Spencer kept saying "exclusive to Xbox holiday 2015" makes me think it might be timed, even if the CD press release says differently.
A point though: based on wording it probably isn't an Xbox One exclusive, but instead is coming to 360 as well - thus the "Xbox exclusive" rather than "Xbox One exclusive".

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 09:35:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Aug 2014 09:37:06 BDT
I think the fact its on Xbox360 is a given or they would have said 'exclusive to Xbox one', its the way they keep saying 'exclusive for holiday 2015' that is leaving them room to bring it to PC and PS in 2016.

Cause if it does come out they can easily say, we said exclusive in 2015 not forever !

All logic suggests that it will be timed especially as TR 2013 disappointed SE they are never going to be happy with sales on just the Xbox consoles alone.

Also do you think Tomb Raider sequel will sell XBO's ?

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 10:19:43 BDT
As much as i'd prefer that Bauer i think the COD AW bundle will be more of a system seller, i also get what everyone is saying with a timed exclusive but at the conference it was announced with Xbox only exclusives like Sunset Overdrive , Quantum Break (Wow but thats another thing) and the Halo MC edition. Why put it in there and reiterate the word exclusives constantly? i haven't seen anything from CD about a ps version (which i hope you get btw) only speculation from non-offical sources

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 10:55:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Aug 2014 10:56:05 BDT
I guess we will have to see on Tomb raider, what ever happens CD have not made many friends, still i'm sure their piles of MS money will keep them warm at night.

It's all rather unpleasant and I think more focus should be made on the honest to goodness MS exclusive new IP's like Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive and Halo 5 which will help boost the XBO. I am even stopping myself from looking at Quantum Break gameplay vids from yesterday , in case I break lol

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 11:06:01 BDT
I actually wasn't too fussed about QB before as there was so little to go on apart from i knew it was Remedy and they done Alan Wake, which i had really enjoyed.
Seeing that gameplay showing though just completely made me wake up to it, it's now a definate release day purchase for me without a doubt, although i won't harp on about it if your trying to stay away from reasons to justify a purchase!
The Tomb Raider stuff sucks for ps players and not much more can be said about that, but at least you still have plenty other games to look forward to!!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 11:12:00 BDT
Well I may own a XBO by then, or I could buy it on my Xbox 360 ... or I could just tell CD to go balls !

Ill probably pick the last option anyway !

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 11:17:18 BDT
Haha, i'm sure if you did decide to get one it'll be more than just Tomb Raider being the deciding factor!

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 11:30:53 BDT
I wasnt really payin QB much attention either but after seeing some new footage yesterday that has moved into the must have bracket.

My Mrs asked me for an Xmas list last night of games I would like - wound up being about 10 titles - so much stuff coming out over the next few months, starting to feel like this is actually where the next gen really begins.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 11:33:34 BDT
Yeah as much I loved Tomb Raider 2013 and Lara's next gen derrière on the definitive, im not buying a XBO for her.

But other reasons are starting to mount up !

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 11:34:13 BDT
"so much stuff coming out over the next few months, starting to feel like this is actually where the next gen really begins. "

Yeah definitely!

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 11:38:20 BDT
Master says:
I think the Tomb raider deal will backfire badly.

Tomb Raider stuggled to make a profit. Its one of the reasons the definitive editions were made as it required minimal dev time to make a profit. Its going to be even more difficult to make a profit on this especially now they are limiting sales only to the poor selling Xbox One. Microsoft must have had to pay a huge sum to offsett the potential profits it would have made if it was multiplatform. Crystal Dynamics have soiled their name now and I'm not sure PS4 owners would think kindly of them like they did before.

I don't think it will encourage people to buy xbox ones either. Its not a huge selling game and Uncharted 4 is not only more anticipated but will most likely be the better game. Sony are apparently working on making the Uncharted remastered series for PS4 so gamers who didnt have a PS3 can enjoy the amazing series.

This time next year the PS4 will still be far outselling the Xbox one. I'm worried that Microsoft are getting really desperate and what other exclusives are they planning on buying.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 11:41:45 BDT
"I'm worried that Microsoft are getting really desperate and what other exclusives are they planning on buying. "

Fallout 4 ; )

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 11:42:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Aug 2014 11:47:20 BDT
MF says:
Its got about as much chance of being a pure exclusive as naughty dog saying uncharted 4 will be released on wii u only.

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 11:48:47 BDT
A Fallout deal would be console exclusive, because they won't not put it on PC. I can see it, but the sheer money they would have to pay...

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 11:54:49 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Aug 2014 11:55:45 BDT
Can you imagine the outrage if they secured Mass Effect?

..and considering it used to be an Xbox exclusive, maybe those thoughts are already in their mind?

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 11:57:14 BDT
MF says:
jeez I think the internet would melt.

I just don't get all this to be honest ... I would rather my team spent the money on making games rather than shelling out a snit load of money to bag a timed exclusive. it strikes me as very weak way to secure customers. Yours.. sony fanboy.

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 12:02:19 BDT
"Can you imagine the outrage if they secured Mass Effect?"

As someone who will own both consoles at some point, the meltdowns would be hiliarious.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  87
Initial post:  12 Aug 2014
Latest post:  15 Aug 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions