Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Dark Souls co-op gang & general chat

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Oct 2011 10:41:05 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Oct 2011 16:38:59 BDT
Trigger says:
So, as we're mere days away from Dark Souls' release I thought it would be timely to make a topic both about co-op arrangements and thoughts/comments/progress on the game itself. I had an email from Tesco at about 01:00 this morning saying my order had been posted, and they've been very good with delivery in the past so I am tentatively hoping it will arrive today (if not, I have Ico & SotC to play anyway). It looks like co-oping is the same as with Demon's Souls, so you can't join with someone specific unless you pre-arrange somewhere to meet and be there at the same time, and two 'Blue Phantoms' or whatever they'll be called can join your game while one other player can invade. Also, as has been pointed out, there's no voice comms - on the 360 if you use Party Chat it boots you out of the game back to the main menu. I'm sure some 360 owners will find this frustrating, but I and some others actually found Demon's more immersive due to the lack of communication with other players. It's also an open-world this time around with no Nexus-style central hub, so co-oping may take a little more effort and co-ordination.

If you're getting the game, let me know and I can update this post with who's getting it on what format. I think most will be picking it up on PS3, but there should be a decent number on both consoles. I, as ever, will be available on my PS3 most nights from about 10pm for a couple of hours.

Welcome To Dying. I can't wait :)

PS3:
Telminator-2 - 10pm onwards all week
thadon101 (CGC possible)
billabongmason - 10pm onwards (Skype possible)
Kai159 - 9-10pm onwards week nights
Stew_Chocobo
Ewoks_Must_Die
Tom7586
hanks1980 (CGC possible)
BloodMountain88
GabeKnight
djburty (Skype)
Mozz-Eyes (Skype as Mozz-eyes too)
Mannon_ (Skype)
Mr Mojito (Skype - and sorry bud; I don't remember your PSN name!)
egarcia1 - 9pm onwards most evenings
Abbas-TheDon
Telik - Skype name is Telsor
BoonTownRAT

360:
darco76
davymul - Mondays, Thursdays + weekends

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 10:45:00 BDT
Looking forward to it! My copy was dispatched by ShopTo an hour ago so I'll have it tomorrow, though I'm on 12-hour shifts starting Friday until Tuesday :(

Buying on PS3 but own both platforms so can use CGC at the same time if necessary :D

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 10:45:04 BDT
I'm getting the game on ps3. Always happy to Co-op and usually get on about 10pm also.

For voice chat there is skype if possible, otherwise text chat will have to do.

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 10:46:07 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Oct 2011 10:46:58 BDT
I was waiting for this thread :)

Ive got it ordered at tesco too and its been dispatched *fingers crossed*

My copy is for the PS3

Usually on 9 or 10pm on weekdays

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 10:50:39 BDT
Dispatched from shopto, on PS3 of course! Hard for me to co-op regularly thanks to shift work, but i'll join in when i can. (and when not on u3 mp)

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 10:54:00 BDT
Steve says:
Curse you lot and your excellant shops,I have to wait untill Friday teatime before I get it.God,i really dislike this country for its backwards ways.

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 11:10:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Oct 2011 11:10:41 BDT
My copy was also dispached this morning by ShopTo so I'm hoping for it tomorrow. Bought on PS3. There have been internet rumours that there will be a couple of nigh unkillable uber-level BPs at the beginning of the game in order to discourage people playing before official RD though....

I'll be off work all Friday if anyone want's to do a bit co-op through the day. My missus doesn't finish work until 8pm too.

Sooooo excited. This is the first of my three most anticipated games of the year.

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 12:04:51 BDT
Count me in on PS3 and like Paul can utilise CGC on xbox at a hit to my electricity bill!

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 12:12:12 BDT
I'm guessing CGC is only available to gold subscribers?

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 12:42:20 BDT
Tom_ says:
I will be picking it up on RD for PS3 so count me in.

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 13:49:31 BDT
G. Hanks says:
Have got it pre-ordered on PS3 from the 'zon. Will be on at random intervals but generally best at evening and various points over the w'end. I'm hanks1980 if anyone wants to add me, can do CGC on 360 as well - same username on both (Tel I'll finally get round to adding you over the weekend.)

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 13:54:36 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Oct 2011 14:13:08 BDT
I'll probably pick this up on Friday for the PS3 - no CGC for me though.

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 13:57:59 BDT
G. Hanks says:
Just checked my pre-order status, delivery estimate is Saturday. F**k! I booked Friday off for this as well. What's the point of pre-ordering if you don't even get it on release date >:-(

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2011 14:02:16 BDT
im getting it on 360 usually around mondays and thursdays and the majority of weekends

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 14:18:10 BDT
Trigger says:
I should have next Thursday and Friday night free, and I might use a bit of lieu time and leave work early on the Friday as the missus + baby are away - pizza and gaming it is then!

Adam - I'm sure you'll get more into this than you did Demon's if you can co-op with some of us from the start. Maybe we should organise ourselves into proper co-op sects according to who plays at what time of day, so we make sure we're always in touch with one another's levels and progress and so on.

My boss is away from his desk - I'll try to update the first post with user details.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2011 14:50:52 BDT
Just ordered it from ShopTo - sold my copy of Deus Ex, so should have this by Friday.

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 17:33:19 BDT
Yey..... Mine's been posted from Tesco too. Must admit wasn't expecting them to honour the £28 but fair play to em.
Usually on most evening around 10 ish.
Got plat on Demon's Souls with help from some of the guys above so looking to plat this too.

PSN GabeKnight

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 17:35:59 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Oct 2011 17:36:14 BDT
@ Gabriel. My order from Tesco Ent has also been dispatched.
Dare I say I paid £23.89 plus I got another 8% quidco, bargain!

I got my Demon's Souls BP from them as well, got a sweet deal on that as well but not anywhere near as cheap as this one.
I was nervous that they would cancel it.

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 17:36:34 BDT
Mr Mojito says:
Im in, buying it Friday and will be skype'aging most nights.

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 18:03:49 BDT
Andy.....
Wow good deal..... I got the Quidco but to be honest i'd have been happy to pay full price for this. Imagine it'll get some serious hours......Dread to think how many nights were lost to Demon's Souls.

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 18:09:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Oct 2011 18:10:22 BDT
@ Gabriel. There was a brief window in July where Tesco Ent had a "£5 off" code and the codes stack so I guess you paid the same as me plus another £5.
I spotted it on Hotukdeals (where I mostly linger) and the crazy thing is that the deal never even got hot enough to appear on their list of hot deals.

Some people don't know a bargain when they see it.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2011 18:21:40 BDT
Hotukdeals is awesome......Tesco do seem a little lax with their checks on vouchers and codes..... but hey ho its a mere drop in the ocean for em ain't it lol.
Whats ya PSN mate.....already got Tel, Paul an some of the others but anyone else up for co-op is more than welcome to add me too.

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 18:35:18 BDT
Add me to the PSN group please Tel, I should be getting it on release date and will be playing as much as possible.

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 18:53:42 BDT
djburty says:
i'll be getting dark souls on Friday!

Posted on 5 Oct 2011 18:55:59 BDT
Lady M says:
Me too! PS3 and skype. Ace :)

Mannon_
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 214 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  109
Total posts:  5334
Initial post:  5 Oct 2011
Latest post:  1 Aug 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions