Diablo 3 release date announced

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Mar 2012 16:03:16 GMT
Steve says:
15th may
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-15-diablo-3-release-date-announced

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 16:05:10 GMT
Thats awesome and all but i dont have a PC to run it :( Still hoping for some more news on the console versions

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 16:35:20 GMT
Trigger says:
I've never seen the appeal of dungeon crawlers/loot-'em-ups, and I played Diablo 1 back in the day but didn't find it all that compelling. I guess if I were to give the genre another shot then Diablo would be the ideal choice, but I suspect its console release is a long way off yet - if it happens at all.

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 16:39:40 GMT
would the likes of skyrim be classed as dungeon crawlers/loot-em-ups or more third person action game? what's diablo 3 gonna be like?

i think i've played the first diablo - very old game? kind of top-down actioner, not turn-based or RTS, but still very limited....was this diablo?

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 16:46:11 GMT
Diablo 2 with the expansion pack was an awesome experience especially as it upped the res, really good fun online playing with others and doing 'loot runs' on the end bosses.

One major thing that Diablo 3 has got going for it is atmosphere, going to be epic

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 16:46:28 GMT
Steve says:
If I'm not wrong Phil,Diablo and other dungeon crawlers are more top down kind of games. I may be wrong but I think skyrim would be a lot different.

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 16:53:29 GMT
Ness says:
Just a note to anyone who still plays WoW, if you buy the 1 year annual pass you get Diablo 3 for free on Battlenet.

@ Tel

I thought the console version had been confirmed ?.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2012 16:55:50 GMT
Trigger says:
"I thought the console version had been confirmed ?."

I think it was 'confirmed' by a Blizzard guy and then they rolled that back and said they intend to release it on consoles but the PC version is their priority. I reckon the PC version will launch first and we're at least 6 months out from console iterations. Unless my prediction is wrong, and in the release date confirmation Blizzard have said that it's launching at the same time on consoles.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2012 17:12:49 GMT
Ness says:
Ah ok, thought i remembered seeing it on CVG a few weeks back.

Im in the same boat as you regarding these type of games but im more than willing to give Diablo 3 a try as it's been in development for so long and Diablo 2 is so highly regarded.

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 19:02:49 GMT
Nick says:
'I remembered seeing it on CVG a few weeks back.'
That explains it lol.

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 19:09:15 GMT
"Im in the same boat as you regarding these type of games but im more than willing to give Diablo 3 a try as it's been in development for so long and Diablo 2 is so highly regarded."

It has to be better than Dungeon Hunter Alliance... I hope. :P

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 20:36:06 GMT
djburty says:
it'll be better than DHA (most rpgs are - although i do like DHA on the vita) - hopefully it'll be better even than the awesomeness that is sacred 2 :)

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2012 21:35:51 GMT
Ness says:
"'I remembered seeing it on CVG a few weeks back.'
That explains it lol."

Not a personal attack on you Nicholas but i don't know why people are so 'down' on CVG, it breaks news stories usually an hour or more before Eurogamer and the other videogame news sites but it does report a lot of 'rumours' but they are quite clearly labelled as rumours so i don't see an issue with them tbh.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2012 21:38:51 GMT
Nick says:
I don't mind them for news stories or reviews, but I can't go on there site anymore without seeing speculation. I don't mind it when done in moderation, but now they've started doing articles like 'what we want' for every game. No site is perfect though; it's all down to taste. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  15 Mar 2012
Latest post:  15 Mar 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions