Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The One and Only Final Fantasy Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 7884 posts in this discussion
Posted on 15 Jun 2011 13:43:09 BDT
All this FF talk has made me want to play them all now! Real shame we can't co-op these games. Don.t think i'd play anything else!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2011 13:47:36 BDT
"Real shame we can't co-op these games"

I've played FF 7,8 & 9 co-op, taking turns obviously, one person to grind while the other scans the guide book, its a good method.

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 13:49:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jun 2011 13:50:51 BDT
Lol me and a couple of my friends once tried an FF7 speed run... we didn't do very well :). FF Crystal Chronicles co-op on the Gamecube was quite good, although a complete pain in the arse to set up!

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 13:55:11 BDT
All this FF talk has just made me buy a Cactuar tshirt off ebay, haha.

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 14:46:43 BDT
Mike E says:
Can't buy PSN instant credit from shopto yet =(

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 15:25:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jun 2011 15:28:16 BDT
Bunga says:
"and has less of the strange quirks that VII has (eg strange English translations in the text)."

Cloud: "ATTACK WHILE ITS TAIL IS UP..."

...AND IT'LL TW*T YOU WITH A BLOODY LASER.

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 15:38:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jun 2011 15:45:08 BDT
Ahh home at last!! Gonna play FFXIII, only problem is I have to start at the beginning after losing my save to YLOD!!!
Happened last september :(
About time I started again though, one weekend of grinding and i'll be back on Gran Pulse!!
Welcome to all new posters to this thread!!!

'All this FF talk has just made me buy a Cactuar tshirt off ebay, haha.' LOL
I might get this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FINAL-FANTASY-7-VII-T-SHIRT-GAME-COSPLAY-10-13-360-PS3-/150559940505?pt=UK_Men_s_T_Shirts&var=&hash=item68c73d79a6

Mike, don't worry it's worth the wait. :)

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 15:46:42 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2011 15:51:34 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jun 2011 15:51:52 BDT
So how many people here didnt use a chocobo to get past the midgar zolom in FF7?
Last time I played it i was on level 40 odd so i just beat the snake every time he came near, kept coming back though, and didnt give much exp :(

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 15:54:55 BDT
I do that too!! Great way to level up just stand still and wait for him to come to you.
If you have the enemy skill materia, you can learn Beta from him. Really useful in the early part of the game!!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2011 16:28:11 BDT
Bunga says:
"If you have the enemy skill materia, you can learn Beta from him"

The best offensive magic for quite a while, definitely an essential pickup.

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 16:43:30 BDT
Le carlitri says:
The last boss in Final Fantasy VIII was pretty hard. I was trying to kill her with Squall limit break, which meant he had very low energy.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2011 16:51:59 BDT
"The last boss in Final Fantasy VIII was pretty hard. I was trying to kill her with Squall limit break, which meant he had very low energy"

You should have used the aura spell, that makes you get lots of limit breaks without having low HP.

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 17:03:19 BDT
J. Parker says:
hello
im very new to any kind of gaming, but ff3 is the only game ive ever finished, so im proud of myself for that! im working on 4, but im a bit stuck on the moon, and ive been distracted by zelda at the mo, but im going back for my fave cecil as soon as im done with spirit tracks...

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2011 17:04:57 BDT
Le carlitri says:
True.
But I don't think at the time I knew what the aura spell was for and I was too worried trying to revive Squall every time he got killed.
Damed witch.

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 18:02:32 BDT
Hello J. Parker, FF4 is great but can be very difficult. Especially Bahamut!!!
Worth defeating him though, he's very useful against the bosses.

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 20:20:56 BDT
djburty says:
hardest battle so far on FF1 is the enemies at the bottom of the earth shrine who always kill me with instant death earthquake spell - i've left them alone until i have levelled up a lot more!

"13 - Vanille's eidolon. Still haven't got past that git."
i did that last night - i didn't attack it but just cast saboteur spells at it as that seemed to increase the bar more effectively.

so far the hardest enemy i have attempted on FFXIII is the massive robot thingies just after Vanille's eidolon who kill me with one hit attack appropriately called "the wrecking ball" - i guess i need to either level up more (although i have maxed out my main skill classes as much as possible for all my characters) or upgrade some of my accessories.

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 20:34:34 BDT
It's gonna take me ages til i'm back on pulse!

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 20:36:02 BDT
Hubbard says:
I just started FF8. Beat Ifrit and spent two hours level and spell grinding. My rules will be to keep Squall at 100 on all spells constantly while everyone else at atleast 50. Also level everyone up in stages (Want to be atleast level 15 before Dolet)

Great PSP games lol.

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 20:49:20 BDT
Hubbard, what did you set your time limit for beating Ifrit to? I always go for 10 minutes!

I don't think I will ever play XIII again tbh, I did like the fast pace of the battle system and all, but overall it didn't feel like a FF game to me. Plus I didn't enjoy the story. Im hoping FF15 will have a similar system to either 7 or 9, but I doubt that will happen..

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 21:23:20 BDT
Burty, are you on about the Juggernaut (sp?)? I found the best way for them was to spam them with ailments then wreck some damage before it does it's cleanse to get rid of anything you cast on it, spam spells then either Lightning or Fang turn commando then repeat if you've not finished it off.

I'd say the further I got on in XIII the more I had to cast this, that and the other on them to begin with to reduce defences etc. and boost my team before going all out with spells to get the chain up then commando them.

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 21:25:01 BDT
Hubbard says:
I'm not so brave lol. I usually go for 20 minutes (Ooh er) that way I can grind a few spells on the way out.

I did try 10 minutes a few times before but I can never beat him on time.

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 21:32:20 BDT
20 minutes eh ;)? aha

I think the trick for 10 minutes is to level up for a couple of hours before going in the fire cave thingy, run away from all battles and then just batter Ifrit!

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 22:44:21 BDT
djburty says:
quite possibly the juggernaut - i'm currently using sentinel a whole lot to draw attacks, but don't quite have the balance i'd like to have both sab and syn skills in the same party and so tend to have syn to boost party defences. perhaps i'll go for fang instead of snow - but i like snow's rav skills to get to the stagger point quicker. ahhh well, i don't need to kill them yet as i can bypass them - i'll just keep levelling up :)

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 22:45:22 BDT
I can't for the life of me remember what they were called and I think they have been in numerous FF games, but the cloaked turtle/troll things that carried a lantern and a knife. ALWAYS killed me.....GAME OVER. There is probably a knack to killing them but I never found it
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  167
Total posts:  7884
Initial post:  9 Jun 2011
Latest post:  11 Jun 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions