Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Official Steam Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 2198 posts in this discussion
Posted on 9 Jun 2011 16:53:50 BDT
Icaruschips says:
Alan, Call of Pripyat is return to form, I agree Clear Sky wasn't particularly great. CoP though (X Labs not withstanding) is my favourite of the series so far. The emissions look amazing and can set off a real sense of panic as you try to find shelter, sometimes made worse by being in the middle of a fire fight.

Posted on 12 Jun 2011 02:54:29 BDT
So I recently bought Space Siege, and despite the bad reviews I find it very fun, what do you guys think?

Posted on 13 Jun 2011 12:29:15 BDT
Heyo all, so I was wondering, what MMOs do you all play?

I'm currently playing APB Reloaded, Lego Universe and the MMO I was playing before those two was Fallen Earth.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2011 12:37:53 BDT
Bunga says:
"so I was wondering, what MMOs do you all play?"

None at the moment but will be getting SWTOR. Could be tempted by Guild Wars 2 if SWTOR doesn't live up to the hype.

Posted on 13 Jun 2011 13:26:20 BDT
Muzz says:
"so I was wondering, what MMOs do you all play?"

Just picked up GW again after about a year away and got back into it pretty quickly. Might be tempted by GW2 as well.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2011 16:39:32 BDT
Icaruschips says:
I'm trying out Lord of the Rings Online just now. I advise against anyone making the same mistake. I'm also playing through DC Universe again after Sony's failure means I have 45 free days, so once that's over it'll likely get deleted again. It's good, but not enough content even after updates.

Other than that, I'm patiently waiting for The Old Republic. Once that's out, come Hell or high water, I'm enjoying it. Even if it's terrible, I'm enjoying it.

Posted on 13 Jun 2011 17:37:56 BDT
Icaruschips says:
After just watching an 11 minute video of Tatooine gameplay, I'm also downloading the 14 day trial of Star Wars: Galaxies. Because I'm a glutton for punishment, and it's Star Wars. And it's free. And it's Star Wars.

Star Wars.

Posted on 13 Jun 2011 17:42:56 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jun 2011 17:44:03 BDT
"None at the moment but will be getting SWTOR."

This.

"After just watching an 11 minute video of Tatooine gameplay"

Was very impressed with that official video aswell, makes a change from some nab standing around not having a clue what to do like the general E3 videos ;-).

Posted on 13 Jun 2011 23:01:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jun 2011 23:01:44 BDT
Speaking of RPGs, can anybody recommend me some good Sci-fi RPGs? Preferably FPSRPGs with leveling systems, loads of weapons, upgrades and modifications though.

Posted on 13 Jun 2011 23:18:18 BDT
Mike D says:
Borderlands.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2011 23:47:54 BDT
Already got it and completed it about three times. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2011 23:51:34 BDT
Rage in Oct, also Bungie (the guys that made the first 5 Halo games) are ment to be working on an MMO FPS, and Blizzard's successor to WoW is ment to be an MMO FPS called "Titan", but not out untill at least 2014 lol.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2011 23:59:54 BDT
Yeah Rage is looking really good, got it preordered too. Never knew Bungie were making an MMOFPS, might be quite good. Thanks for the info!

Posted on 14 Jun 2011 13:22:52 BDT
So who is looking forward to Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

I loved the original Deus Ex, as in, it's my favourite game, and Deus Ex 3 is looking really good, but it just doesn't look like Deus Ex. That being said I have a friend who's played the leaked version of the game (nobody on here!) and they say that it's really good, not alot like Deus Ex but still has a Deus Ex feel to it. I won't lie it's tempting to get the leaked version, but A. I don't like piracy (even though it most likely won't harm the game) and B. I don't want to spoil any of the game or story. :)

Posted on 14 Jun 2011 13:29:01 BDT
Icaruschips says:
I'm not going to lie, I got the leaked version (I too dislike piracy, but the publishers themselves were asking opinions on the game, so I thought what the hell). I went in ready to hate, but I loved it after the tutorial.

If anything this leak will help more than hinder, as it's showing it's good to the uncertain such as myself. I'll be buying as close to release as I can.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2011 13:31:08 BDT
Yeah alot of people were uncertain and cautious about the game because of what happened with Invisible War, the leaked version is doing more good than harm as it's allowing people to try the game who either weren't interested, cautious or really wanted the game and can hardly wait for it to release. xD

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2011 13:34:51 BDT
Icaruschips says:
I actually only played about ten minutes past the tutorial then uninstalled it. I'll be waiting for the full game like everybody else now.

High marks from me, though, which is odd. I really did expect to hate this game, and I'm never usually sold on anything this quickly; then again, it could just be because I was comparing it to the Invisible War travesty.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2011 13:37:09 BDT
Yeah, the first thing that popped into many people's heads (mine included) when they heard about Deus Ex 3 was Invisible War.
Your reply to Vasilli L, Afraid Of The Dark's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2011 13:44:12 BDT
Invisible war was an ok game IMO, nowhere near as good as the first, but still a fun game for me.

Invisible war was the game that made me go out and buy an XBOX (original) in the first place, and I wasnt dissapointed, although looking back it was a fairly pish-poor sequal.

Posted on 14 Jun 2011 13:46:52 BDT
Icaruschips says:
Invisible War was a major diappointment in all areas for me. I saw it first at a friends house, it looked immense, I then immediately went and bought it to find my PC couldn't run it. I then upgraded my PC soon after, and when I finally got to play it, I hated it. I didn't like the story, the gameplay, or the characters. It's just one of those things I'll gladly put to the back of my mind, and pretend it never happened.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2011 13:47:45 BDT
Indeed it isn't a bad game on its own, but as a sequel to THE supposed best game ever, it was absolutely rubbish. If they had released it as a separate game it would have done so much better.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2011 13:51:22 BDT
The most annoying thing about IW was the shared ammo, why did you have the same ammo for all guns? that made no sense to me, and all the weapons were cack....

hmmm the more i think about it the less good things I have to say about invisible war.

Posted on 14 Jun 2011 13:52:00 BDT
Icaruschips says:
On an entirely different note, I just deleted all games on Steam I haven't played for a while. 300+GB. My computer thanked me with speed and efficiency.

Posted on 14 Jun 2011 14:48:44 BDT
Lokious says:
I can't believe i've only just seen the thread!!

I am a major PC gamer... my steam user name is Lokious (i've got some of you guys added already)

I'm definetly up for perhaps having a gaming eve if anyone is interested? Currently playing Operation Flashpoint: Red River, which apart from its bugs... isn't too bad...

If anyone is up for a session on the usual L4D, borderlands, etc (or any other games???)... let me know!

Posted on 14 Jun 2011 15:05:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Jun 2011 15:07:16 BDT
"I actually only played about ten minutes past the tutorial then uninstalled it. I'll be waiting for the full game like everybody else now."

I dont see anything wrong with doing this, thats one of the reasons major music, movie and games companies hate piracy because a lot of people use it as a sort of demo, if they like it they will buy the full thing, but if they dont they will delete it and the companies loose the money they might have made from someone who will ultimately be disappointed and feel cheated out of money.

The people who download full games and never buy them even if they like the first few levels are the ones that are killing the industry, esp the pc games industry.

Thankfull the popularity of MP and Steam have made a sizable dent in the piracy market tho from what ive read :-).
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xabe18fe4)

This discussion

Participants:  52
Total posts:  2198
Initial post:  26 May 2011
Latest post:  1 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions