Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Playstation Vita

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 8 Dec 2011 17:17:46 GMT
Im going to states in march, at that price i think it might be a purchase.

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 17:24:15 GMT
R. Woolmer says:
they wont sell many untill they drop the price a la 3ds. No one is going to spend that sort of money, if they have any brains they will need to sell it cheap.

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 19:22:02 GMT
djburty says:
"No one is going to spend that sort of money, if they have any brains they will need to sell it cheap."
people will pay money for a decent console, just as people seem to be a huge amount of money for a decent smartphone. lets hope the vita is a decent console!

the problem with the 3ds is that 3d was seen as more of a gimmick rather than an innovative gaming idea - there wasn't a massive improvement in the basic specs for the console and the games didn't seem a massive jump forward from the ds. hopefully the vita's games will be a significant improvement to psp games to justify it being called next gen!

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2011 19:26:35 GMT
I would, if there's something you want on the Vita and you can't wait, no price will keep you away lol

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2011 19:28:39 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Dec 2011 19:29:36 GMT
Nessy says:
You will see a lot more from 3DS graphically in the future, as the second generation titles like Resident Evil Revelations show it's by no means a PSP and a lot more powerfull than the original DS. Also Nintendo have allowed the use of 4GB Cards for the games after saying 2 would be the limit and also one of the 3DS's CPU's is currently locked and could be unlocked at any time to developers which would see a huge improvement in performance.

Saying all that the Vita can produce stunning looking visuals, and with it only having to run games at a small resolution, some of them will look on par with PS3, if it wasn't so over priced i would be picking one up at launch esp with the ammount of games it has.

I will pay £200 for one with a memory card but no more for a handheld, and certainly not £39.99 for games.

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 19:35:50 GMT
R. Woolmer says:
it wont be that much better just tarted up graphics its still a small screen and we are talking ps3 money and as for "smart" phones i think people are starting to realise they arnt that good just a gimmick. How many people get one, mess with the apps download some games and say hang on this is pap, everyone i know. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2011 19:46:33 GMT
People are happy with that though, release a Final Fantasy, a Monster Hunter, a Resident Evil, a Dragon Quest or any game like that on the Vita and you'l have millions of people flocking to buy and content with their purchase for the forseeable future.

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 19:54:07 GMT
R. Woolmer says:
yep, you can sell crap to idiots, pokemon games are a good case in point, always get good reviews sell well but are pap, i think all this will change now in this current climate, we have just completely dumped the ds system and got an old psp with cheap as chips games. an expensive hand held console with expensive games wont do as well as it used to i reckon.

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 19:59:09 GMT
djburty says:
"it wont be that much better just tarted up graphics its still a small screen"
but that's just it - it's not just better graphics - it's dual analogue controls (finally) - it's quad core processors - it's more RAM than a ps3 - it's dual touchscreen controls - it's proper integration with your ps3 account - it's better quality games - most importantly it is everything the pspGO was not :)

a don't mind a small screen as long as its a decent resolution - my tv is 8ft away from my face , the psv screen will be 8 inches. disgaea 2, valkyria chronicles 2 & monster hunter look great on a psp despite the size of the screen.

the price of games is an issue - but i'll just buy less ... probably :)

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 19:59:56 GMT
Erm, that's somewhat offensive, there's nothing wrong with being a fan of something and wanting to buy a machine to play a game series you love. They're not idiots. Also what's wrong with Pokemon games? I play them too.

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 20:11:57 GMT
djburty says:
"an expensive hand held console with expensive games wont do as well as it used to i reckon."
personally i want a decent handheld console and am willing to pay for it - there's nothing wrong or stupid about wanting a console that's ahead of the game - obviously they could have done a sort of updated psp which was only slightly better and thus cheaper than a psv, but who'd want that? i'm only willing to spend my cash on what i consider a next gen console. it'll come down in price but i'm willing to pay for the extra months gaming on it before it does.

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 20:26:39 GMT
R. Woolmer says:
wow 2 twiddly sticks and some big numbers it all means nothing until it comes out and you can see what its like. look at the ps3 (which i own) better numbers than the xbox but it can be argued its worse. the pspgo was supposed to be the next big thing i don't think they even make them anymore. your'e right about graphics/screen size/ viewing distance but my point is you cant have mega graphics on a hand held console (i own a psp), there wouldn't be any point. Im not saying it will be crap just that if they keep it high priced it wont sell as well as it should and go the same way as the 3ds, people just not bothering.

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 20:51:06 GMT
Nick says:
It's not just the console. It's the fact they'll be making games that are much more "modern" and that new console means new game. It has a touch screen ect & social stuff so it's a bit more than "just a games console" The psp go was never meant to be the next big thing (or I never heard it) as it wasn't a new console, it was a new modal. This is a new console & just because you don't like a game, it's not crap :P

Posted on 8 Dec 2011 23:51:04 GMT
R. Woolmer says:
i dont like crap games :) touch screens social stuff, its pointless, you get that on your'e phone or the computer your'e probably sitting at right now. To sell a new console its got to be cheap or people wont bother and the sort of money we are talking is ps3 money. It will sell but slowly and should come down in price. As far as im concerned the psp is still the best because its just the right size and games are cheap. Obviously when the PSV comes down in price itll sell like hot-cakes.

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 00:17:09 GMT
djburty says:
"As far as im concerned the psp is still the best because its just the right size and games are cheap"
i love my psp - but it is becoming outdated and new games are becoming rarer - a reboot of the market to get devs making new ganes is needed and psv looks like doing the job - the list of confirmed games looks impressive.

"wow 2 twiddly sticks"
this is my (and many other people's) most valued addition. at last we can play third-person rpgs with decent camera controls anf fps games will be properly playable on a handheld for the first time. modern console gaming needs dual analogue sticks to feel intuitive imo - its this coupled with processing power that can render decent environments in HD that will mean a step-up in handheld gaming. at least, i hope so .

btw the pspGO was a joke and a step backwards - hopefully the psv will make amends for this.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2011 02:14:42 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Dec 2011 03:42:14 GMT
Personally I didn't think the PSPgo was a step backwards, the only real step backwards was the game prices on PSN, the console itself looks really good. Had Sony supported it with cheaper games, with a large selection to choose from it would of taken off more imo.

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 07:44:24 GMT
Nick says:
How do you know there "crap games"? Have you used a time machine & played them?... thought not :p

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 08:22:31 GMT
djburty says:
"Had Sony supported it with cheaper games, with a large selection to choose from it would of taken off more imo."
had sony supported it being allowing the pspGO to access all of the back catalogue of psp games then may be it'd been ok - but really we didn't need a psp version that was more expensive than a psp3000 but had access to less games, more cramped controls and a negligible improvement in specs (better screen?). after the release of the GO, the psp3000 was still seen as the best psp by many so it could be seen as a step backwards.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2011 10:35:55 GMT
R. Woolmer says:
ive got them :)

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 10:59:01 GMT
"Also annoying how its $300 in America and £280 here, $300 is £191 at current exchange rates ..."

Bit of a skewed statistic that, Nessy. Surely it's $300 plus the local sales tax (rates dependent on state of purchase)?

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 12:58:24 GMT
N. Sanderson says:
"at last we can play third-person rpgs with decent camera controls"

+1 for that Burty! :)

I'm getting a wifi Vita on release as my PSP 3000 is gathering dust due to the lack of games coming out. The Nintendo offering does absolutely nothing for me so I have no intention of getting a 3DS.

At least the release titles of the Vita look good and with plenty more good titles confirmed in the pipeline, I'm hoping Sony might have learned from the bloody nose that they quite rightly got with the PS2->PS3 transition.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2011 16:04:06 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Dec 2011 16:04:50 GMT
Nessy says:
"Bit of a skewed statistic that, Nessy. Surely it's $300 plus the local sales tax (rates dependent on state of purchase)?"

A lot of states don't have Sales tax in America, including the one where my Father now lives. Was annoying the place he lived before tho, you would buy stuff have a fair idea of how much it would be then it was more expensive when you got to the till lol, crazy.

Come to think of it he never moved States it was a diff city, don't know how they work it out ...

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 17:02:39 GMT
3G model is a waste of time, especially if you have a smart phone and im sure nearly everyone does these days

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2011 23:35:14 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Dec 2011 23:37:40 GMT
Nessy says:
For those who want to see what Uncharted looks like in action on the PSV (10 min video) -

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/329460/ten-minutes-of-uncharted-golden-abyss-footage/

Astounding for a handheld imo.

Posted on 13 Dec 2011 00:21:15 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Dec 2011 00:28:17 GMT
Dwango says:
I'm really on the fence with the Vita, I just don't think I'd use it that much. My girlfriend got me a iPad for my birthday and I don't game on it that much these days.

It does look great though :)
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  307
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  22 Nov 2011
Latest post:  5 Sep 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions