Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Official Amazon Video Games Forum Defence Plan For 22nd Feburary 2011

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 39 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Feb 2012 19:43:50 GMT
Hubbard says:
As we all know, the 22nd of Feburary 2011 will be a big day for retailers and members of this forum. With a decent plan, it could stay that way.

Now arguebly the last game related release that retailers hyped this much was Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. I think we can all agree that what was a happy day soon turned into a nightmare as plagues of 'whres ma mw3 amzon. promsd iz wud get a copy rd!!!11!!' threads soon infected our peaceful haven.

I feel a storm 'brewin again with the release of the Vita on Tuesday, so i'm hoping we can unite together and find a way to defend ourselves. Preferably without casualties this time.

So, Ideas are officially open.

I say we chuck Dave at them!

Posted on 19 Feb 2012 19:46:15 GMT
D. T. Clarke says:
Just get everyone to post in the same thread, instead of making a new one. Then you can ignore them easier :D

Posted on 19 Feb 2012 19:47:45 GMT
Basically amazon promis 22nd delivery. So don't promis if u can't deliver!!! Too right there will be anarchy and so there should be! They will be happy to take my payment and I'm pay it when I say I will! So if I can make it happen they should be able too.

Posted on 19 Feb 2012 19:48:15 GMT
Hunter says:
I've already cast a Flame Shield around myself and the Forum. No idea if it will work but if it does anyone trying to post about their lack of Vita on release day will lose their manly bits (or womanly bits).
Either that or will hopefully be ignored by everyone and disappear as quickly as they turn up.....

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2012 19:48:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Feb 2012 19:49:36 GMT
Which Dave?? There's loads of 'em!! You mean the Bench loving Tramp? :P

Hopefully they all stick to the Vita thread, instead of creating 20 threads all asking where there Vita is. :/

Edit: I'll just stick to my own little safe haven like last time, until it all blows over. I still haven't bought MW3 btw. ;)

Posted on 19 Feb 2012 19:58:26 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 25 Feb 2012 10:36:26 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2012 20:00:14 GMT
Hunter says:
I hope they all stick to not bothering to ask.
How are WE supposed to know why these companies don't send out their stuff?
It makes me wonder if people actually think at all or just react like they will do on Wednesday when their Vita isn't delivered.

Posted on 19 Feb 2012 21:55:15 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
I propose we simply create a blanket statement for any question regarding:
-Undelivered or late Vitas by Amazon
-Anyone troll threads created to incite arguments over the Vita (I'm not getting one on release but I already know it's a brilliant piece of hardware, no need to start disputing it)

The blanket statement shall be:

"I understand"

If we all reply with this^ then we shall confuse them with our open statement that neither answers the question or provokes the OP.

Do this and we shall win.

Posted on 19 Feb 2012 21:56:13 GMT
RAB says:
I agree with the asshat.

Posted on 19 Feb 2012 21:58:33 GMT
Can we just pre-empt this by setting up a honey trap style thread? Lets call it amazon did not deliver my vita!!!.

Then they can all swarm to it and argue together, we would need to get the ball rolling though and keep it in the top half of threads till wed.

Posted on 19 Feb 2012 22:00:23 GMT
RAB says:
Perhaps you should claim that the Vita is k-

Nah, I won't.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2012 22:00:25 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
They do not look at the existing threads. They simply click 'Add new Discussion' then THEY RAAAAAAGE1!"!"12!!"!"!"£"$E"G£R ONE|F

Posted on 19 Feb 2012 22:01:25 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Feb 2012 22:03:01 GMT
RAB says:
Or they just open a thread, DON'T READ ANY OF THE POSTS, and then rage and then go "woah, don't be hatin' fanboy lolz"

Posted on 19 Feb 2012 22:41:09 GMT
Cheers rab lol, i thought that might come up ;).

maybe a cod related thread might distract them, maybe something like new cod announced would suck them all in.

Posted on 19 Feb 2012 23:41:33 GMT
"Which Dave?? There's loads of 'em!! You mean the Bench loving Tramp? :P"

I also love close harmony singing but u didnt mention that! ;-)

Posted on 20 Feb 2012 08:07:09 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Feb 2012 08:21:15 GMT
How about we tell everyone that complains that we are very sorry, they should receive their vita in a couple of days and we will refund £50.00 from the order to apologise for the inconvenience?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Feb 2012 09:15:48 GMT
Trigger says:
Ha ha, do you think if I change my handle to 'Official Amazon Moderator' it'll get changed by tomorrow?! ;)

Either that, or we could just state the obvious and say "If you were so desperate to receive it on release you should have gone to a shop and physically bought it yourself".

Posted on 20 Feb 2012 12:40:14 GMT
Yours is perhaps the more sensible approach, but I think mine would be the more fun. Particularly when they realise the £50.00 has not been refunded and they come back for more.

Posted on 20 Feb 2012 12:49:25 GMT
Trigger says:
I was going to write a stock message along the lines of

"We are very sorry your PlayStation Vita has not arrived on its release date. We take every precaution to ensure customers receive their purchase on its launch day, but sadly when you deal with the number of orders a site like Amazon does a few will inevitably slip through the net. To recompense you for the slow delivery, we will be giving you two free tickets to 5ive playing at the Royal Albert Hall on March 20th 1998, as well as a Thermos flask of vomit from our office alcoholic Martin. However, we will be sending the delivery by Yodel, so there is a strong possibility of one or both items being lost or stolen.

Thank you for your continued support, and we apologise again for the late delivery."

I have changed my user name, but when I logged out and checked a couple of hours ago it was still TriggerHuggy.

Posted on 20 Feb 2012 12:57:13 GMT
Rob says:
I plan to just stick to the What are you playing at the moment thread... After all if there Vita has not been delivered there should be no mention of it, after all it is What ARE you playing at the moment... not what AREN'T you playing at the moment...

Posted on 20 Feb 2012 12:59:59 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Feb 2012 13:00:48 GMT
I would say:

I just got an email from amazon saying due to high demand they do not have enough stock of vitas to fulfill their preorders. If I do not recdive it by release day I should contact amazon directly via phone or email to get an up to date delivery date. Please be aware this may take 4 to 6. Sorry for inconvenience this may cause.

We at amazon value your custom.

I can't believe they can do that

Posted on 20 Feb 2012 13:00:46 GMT
MintFox says:
Gods blessings and greatings to all.

I wanted a ps vita before release so I went to oobay.com and before I had even ordered it they had taken the money from my account. This is great fantastic service. Visit oobay for vitas and ipad2's.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Feb 2012 13:06:39 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Feb 2012 13:07:11 GMT
"Which Dave?? There's loads of 'em!!"

All of them, YOU WILL TREMBLE IN FEAR AT OUR ARMY OF DAVE'S!

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Feb 2012 13:08:06 GMT
Trigger says:
"All of them, YOU WILL TREMBLE IN FEAR AT OUR ARMY OF DAVE'S!"

Our army of Dave's what?

/Not sure I want to know the answer...

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Feb 2012 13:09:51 GMT
RAB says:
He put a (to scale) illustration right after the "DAVE'S" bit, can't you see?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  39
Initial post:  19 Feb 2012
Latest post:  22 Feb 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions