Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Wii U will not be able to keep up with Ps3/Xbox360.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 253 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Apr 2012 10:51:12 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Apr 2012 11:04:08 BDT
... says:
Taken from now gamer

http://bit.ly/HTyKY1

The main issue they highlight is that it will be graphically inferior and although it will have some advantages as it's newer "On the whole the Wii U just can't keep up".

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 10:53:10 BDT
Bozz says:
I think I just heard Nessy crying in the distance

Its also fair to say I have 0% intrest in the WiiU

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 10:57:37 BDT
... says:
I was interested and look forward to having a shot of someone elses but it was never something I was never going to buy on day one anyway.

I enjoyed my Wii for a while but it wasn't a proper console.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 10:59:14 BDT
Nick. says:
'I enjoyed my Wii for a while but it wasn't a proper console'
This +100000000 it had some good games, but when compared to ps360 it lacked.

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 10:59:18 BDT
Bozz says:
I have had my wii for about 3 years and only used it 4 or 5 times

Wish I hadnt bothered to be honest

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 11:01:58 BDT
If true a 'next gen' console that is already behind current generation and likely eclipsed by PS4 and 720. I can only see it going one way.......

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 11:02:25 BDT
... says:
Like Nic said it did have some highlights Bozz. Wii sports, Resi 4, Zelda and Mario Kart were all played a fair bit in my house but nothing else springs to mind as being worth bothering with.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 11:03:57 BDT
Nick. says:
Super Smash bros. Although; the gamecube version was better (we played it on the Wii, even when we had Brawl)

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 11:05:52 BDT
Bozz says:
Mario Kart and Wii Sports were played a little and the Mrs played Just Dance for a while

The Wii Gimmicks just became boring very quickly for me

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 11:12:35 BDT
Trigger says:
Worth baring in mind that like all the other PS4/720 rumours flying around (*sigh*), this could well be bulls***. Although I have heard that while it's capable of 1080p output (no idea whether that's on 60fps) Nintendo are aiming for a steady 720p output as they've got to spread that across two displays which takes up a lot of processing grunt.

I'd be surprised if it's actually less powerful than this gen, although I don't think its capabilities will be far beyond the best we've seen on the PS360 so far, and because of its unique gimmick/element with the tablet most devs will probably not make full use of the tablet, merely using it as a pause screen or inventory.

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 11:13:46 BDT
About the only use my Wii gets now is for Netflix in the kids bedroom.

I'll more than likely end up getting a WiiU, but it'll be for the kids and as more and more details come out it makes me think I'll use it less and less.

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 11:36:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Apr 2012 11:36:17 BDT
... says:
Just read on shopto that the support the Wii U gets will make it more accesable with Ubi at the front of the cue who are committed to being the biggest 3rd party developer on it. If Assasin's or Splinter Cell were made Wii U exclusives would that be enough to push anyone here into buying it?

Most likley it will be games along the lines of you shape etc that they will be planning to bring to the console I'd imagine.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 11:38:21 BDT
Nick. says:
They'll be ports though (mostly). Would you be willing to pay 40 for a game you've already played?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 11:39:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Apr 2012 11:40:15 BDT
... says:
No I wouldn't but I'm saying if they released a brand new and exclusive S:C or AC on wii u. Would it be enough to make you want to buy it?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 11:41:22 BDT
Nick. says:
That's an interesting one. I'd say no, but I could get tempted eventually; would it make you want it?

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 11:43:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Apr 2012 11:43:39 BDT
... says:
Most likley I would try and borrow one for an exclusive of that calabur. I'd be annoyed to miss either. S:C conviction was the big reason why I bought an Xbox.

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 11:47:25 BDT
John Morris says:
You can't say the wii is not a proper console when you consider how many hardware and software units it has sold,o.k it's a less powerful platform than the Ps3 and 360 but I am pretty sure nintendo are more pleased with it's results than either sony or microsoft are with their consoles.

The Ps3 is more powerful than the 360 but there has been little difference in terms of graphics between the ps3 and 360,of course he wii is a lot less powerful than both these consoles and because it's resolution is only 576p in opposed to 1080p then the difference is much more stark.

When the wii u is released it will be more powerful than both the ps3 and 360 and this time will attract more adult games as well as the nintendo ip's.When the new sony and microsoft machines are released the difference in terms of power will not be as big as it was last generation,so this time nintendo may even sell more units than it has with the wii.

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 11:51:51 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Apr 2012 11:52:14 BDT
... says:
"When the wii u is released it will be more powerful than both the ps3 and 360 and this time will attract more adult games as well as the nintendo ip's"

The Now gamer article claims the Wii U will not be able to keep up with Sony and MS current gen consoles. How will it be able to hold it's own next gen?

The wii itself was a gimmick console bought by casual gamers, grannies and care homes. They already have 'the bowling game' why would they need a wii u? Most People with PS3 or Xbox are sceptical at best at the moment. the Wii U will have to offer something pretty amazing to make them buy it or even if they do buy it keep using it instead of going back to what they use at the moment.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 11:53:42 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 3 Apr 2012 12:17:11 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 11:54:33 BDT
Nick. says:
Exactly. I bought the Wii and still regret it (it was my first console this gen! I didn't buy another until 2010 :O) but I can't see Nintendo selling WiiU like they sold the Wii, people who don't play it won't want one. Like you said Astro, the Wii was a gimmick to me, more than a console. Nintendo's first party developers did well, but imagine what they could have done with the 360 and PS3. 3rd party support is just as, if not more important than 1st party support.

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 12:01:12 BDT
Much like most of Essex, the Wii lacked a decent library. But it had a few absolute gems in the 2 Mario Galaxy games, Resi 4 port and Sin and Punishment. But the rest of the output was absolute dirge.

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 12:03:30 BDT
No, would just abandon UBI as they would be abandoning 90% of their fanbase...

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 12:06:38 BDT
John Morris says:
AstroMonkey.

No finalised specs for the wii u have been released so how can the article be sure.

The wii may have been aimed at a casual audience but in reality this market is far larger than the hardcore one,which is why both sony and microsoft have developed motion controls for their consoles.

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 12:06:44 BDT
A red flag goes up when I read about the PS3/PSV combo being easier to develop for, given that everything we saw/heard of the Wii U last year was developed in a matter of weeks. Vigil had Darksiders 2 up and running in just five weeks, for example.

The PS3 is well known as being... difficult.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 12:09:51 BDT
Nick. says:
I'd disagree entirely. The casual market are much less likely to buy the machine, and won't buy many games at all. The hardcore market buy lot's of games, I spend hundreds of pounds each year on games, and no casual gamer will do that.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  44
Total posts:  253
Initial post:  3 Apr 2012
Latest post:  11 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions