Customer Discussions > video games trade-in discussion forum

Trade-In offers a great service & serves a purpose

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 May 2014 14:17:28 BDT
J. Priddle says:
I see a lot of negative discussions about the trade-in service and here's the deal as I see it.

If I wanted a better price for books (games etc) - then I would sell them myself. It's a fairly tedious task and I'm not really prepared for that kind of time investment. Also, you would need to supply all the packaging yourself and that is pretty expensive if you sell a lot unless you are recycling old amazon boxes etc.

Amazon pay quite a bit in advertising costs to get people to their site, they have to pay staff to man the warehouses, sort the trade-in's, validate their condition and the list goes on.

If I am trying to weed out my old books I have a few choices. I can donate to a local charity, I can sell on eBay, or I can trade-in through Amazon. With the trade-in service, I wait until I can sell enough to qualify for the free postage, I use an old box and pack them up nicely and I send them in.

At least it is something for not much effort.

If you bought the items in the first place then they are yours...if you don't need them anymore then it's your responsibility to dispose of the item as you wish...and you always have a choice but I for one am happy that Amazon offer this service.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  1 May 2014
Latest post:  1 May 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions