Customer Discussions > top reviewers discussion forum

Yank in the house... Stop in and pay your respects.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 301-325 of 350 posts in this discussion
Posted on 28 Nov 2013 12:09:39 GMT
TheStig says:
"Timbo,
No, remember we are British, the home of repressed sexuality"

Repressed sexuality comes out in homophobia, the home of which is the USA of course, not Britain.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2013 16:16:04 GMT
OK Stig. Thanks for stopping by.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2013 14:38:16 GMT
Railroader says:
We are not worthy your highness ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2013 14:38:48 GMT
Railroader says:
Hahaha :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2013 16:36:23 GMT
Crookedmouth says:
Translation: "Bless your heart, Stig"

Posted on 12 Dec 2013 11:48:14 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 5 Mar 2014 22:51:20 GMT]

Posted on 28 Dec 2013 21:22:44 GMT
WHIT ON EARTH IS YON CRAZY THREAD ABOOT LOL i saw the funny heading of yours yank old chap while deekin aboot an thought now this discussion thread deserves a wee peek and i wisnae disapointed yer a wee bit barmy aint ye pal ?! lol well thats guid coz us brits are bonkers aswell so ye fit in rather nice lol HOPE YE HUD A BRAW CRIMBO OLE "murican cuz" & HAE A RICHT GUID NEW YEAR fae aly mcrobbie up in scotland : )

Posted on 4 Mar 2014 12:37:52 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 5 Mar 2014 22:51:32 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2014 12:52:00 GMT
Thanks for thinking of me mate.
Haven't been writing Amazon reviews for a while. Been in a bit of a life transition period. A couple months back I told my sadistic corporate boss that I would have no more of her disrespectful treatment... life s too short to allow a wretched person like her make me miserable every day. Two weeks later my "position was eliminated"...
So, now that life is more peaceful, I should be more in the mood to be creative soon.

It is nice to hear that my writing is appreciated and that I haven't been forgotten during my absence from Amazon. Thank you for the shout out Timelord007. I hope you are well.

Posted on 4 Mar 2014 15:41:46 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 5 Mar 2014 22:51:25 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2014 15:45:52 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 24 Mar 2014 19:50:29 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Apr 2014 23:08:33 BDT
Nick Brett says:
Timbo,
Sorry to hear you have had problems, but nice one in calling her out - most people just suck it up. Hope things turn around quickly and you can get back on here teasing us Brits and flushing out those of a very low IQ...
Nick

Posted on 11 Aug 2014 12:27:06 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 11 Aug 2014 12:27:18 BDT]

Posted on 11 Aug 2014 17:15:51 BDT
Ivan says:
You from America?

Do you know Joe? He\s got a biggish car and his missus has that sort of hair, like that woman on T.V. I think he's a salesman or mends stuff or something? If you do, would you say "Hi!" from me, please?
He borrowed my whatsits (sorry, it's on the tip of my tongue,) and I don't need it back any more as I bought I new one with a bigger thing on it so it should last longer

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2014 17:43:49 BDT
Ivan
Yes, I am from America... "home of the free," unlike all of you poor baztards in the UK who presumably, not being from America, must be born into slavery or at least some sort of imprisonment.
And yes, I do know Joe and his hairy wife. He sells mended items out of the back of a large car, not far from the place where I used to park my mobile meth lab.
I saw him earlier today and mentioned that "Ivan from Britain says "Hi"..."
He paused for a moment as if in thought and then suddenly seemed to recall you.
"Oh yes, the bloke with the small whatits that he used to so casually lend out to folks with whom he wasn't well acquainted?"
"Yes," I said. "I believe that's the fellow."
"Well then," replied Joe "tell him I said 'Hello' for me if you wouldn't mind?"
"Arf, arf!" chimed in his wife enthusiastically... bearing an uncanny resemblance to "Lassie" from TV.

Posted on 11 Aug 2014 21:03:24 BDT
Ivan says:
TANKS FOR THAT. Glad to hear Joe's on top of that thing.

Your observation about us poor Limeys being born into slavery is rather astute, except most of the rats in the lab haven't realised it yet. Here, in the aftermath of Mrs Thatcher's great yard sale, we are "subjects" not citizens with no actual rights, though Her Maj's government has had to bow down to Europe in order to get cheap cheese and labourers and they insist on HMg pretending to give us the appearance of rights, which we can exercise in front of the 327 billion camera constantly trained on us in order to protect us from terrorists and Jimmy Saville.

BTW, like the Dalai Lama, Mrs Thatcher was reincarnated in the form of one Mr Blair who led us so capably in and out of all sorts of bloody conflicts against foreign savages for our own good. Maybe your fine president should try something similar with your own peace-loving nation?

I went on a crystal healing course once. The meth was far more effective than the quartz
as I recall but it's all a bit hazy. I found that putting amethyst on your navel doesn't do much but feldspar on your chakra can, Chakra can, Chakra Can...

Oh - has Joe still got that thing going on with the other stuff, or has he eased off a bit? I'm not judging or anything, but it was not how I'd have done it.

Posted on 12 Aug 2014 15:21:06 BDT
Mr Pen says:
Cheese isn't cheap. Not the good sort, anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2014 20:07:43 BDT
Bonemonkey says:
The price of cheese, is bringing this country to its knees :(

Posted on 12 Aug 2014 21:57:13 BDT
Mr Pen says:
We need a freeze
On the price of cheese.

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 08:54:08 BDT
Bonemonkey says:
It's time to make a (cheese) stand.
It's starting to really grate on us,
we hope they slice the price,
the UK is in meltdown,
the economy full of holes,
we are in a real pickle,
soon we will be toast,
stop stringing us along,
during these hard times we must stay extra strong...

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 11:14:45 BDT
The Ideal Cheese Lovers Gift

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 17:23:11 BDT
Admittedly, I have been rather self absorbed with my own personal challenges in life and have been unaware of the serious cheese problems in the UK.
It's no secret that I am fond of cheese, but my method of coping with the high price of cheese is to go ahead and forgo cheese from my diet when I find it difficult to afford.
Similar to the way I have managed to maintain a caviar free diet since childhood.
Damn those robber barons of the cheese industry. I'll buy again when they bring their stinking prices down.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 20:11:10 BDT
Bonemonkey says:
That's an extra mature attitude...

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 23:29:22 BDT
Mr Pen says:
It pays to shop around too. Cornish Yarg is 5 a kilo cheaper in Morrisons than it is in Waitrose. I was cheesed off when I realised that, as my nearest Morrison's is much further than my nearest Waitrose. Sweet cheeses, what am I going to do?

On an unrelated note, I bought a new vacuum cleaner today and it went bang within 5 minutes of plugging it in. Is this a record?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Aug 2014 12:16:42 BDT
Ivan says:
Mr Joseph.. or may I call you Kenneth?

Welcome to our world!!

Hugs and a kisses and a big cheesy grin.

:-)

(can't find emoticon of cheese, sorry)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the top reviewers discussion forum (317 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  32
Total posts:  350
Initial post:  3 Aug 2013
Latest post:  11 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions