Customer Discussions > top reviewers discussion forum

Can someone call me when this place calms down?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Jun 2010 15:11:47 BDT
JJG says:
You can find me on the fiction, comics, science fiction, video games and a number of other forums.

Posted on 5 Jun 2010 15:50:37 BDT
Molly Brown says:
I hope it won't be too long!

Posted on 5 Jun 2010 18:10:54 BDT
I think he's talking to you, Norma Jean, as one of the main offenders.

Posted on 5 Jun 2010 18:23:12 BDT
Damaskcat says:
J J G - I will try and remember to contact you. I shall keep reading it but I think it's going to be a while before it quietens down. The whole thing's got stupid really. I mainly post on this forum, Vine and the politics forum but the way this one - and the politics one have gone recently I just don't really want to post as it just seems to cause problems. :-( It seems as though there are several people who feel the same way too.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jun 2010 18:26:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Jun 2010 18:33:13 BDT
JJG says:
Yep, I notice a couple of regulars haven't been on lately. It's a shame, I was enjoying this forum, but it's got out of hand lately.

Mark Wallace, I'm not going to point fingers, there is no reward in it.

EDIT: I'll check back occasionally, I did so and found that 'reviewing films before being released' thread, so far a nice little thread, and less aggro there.

Posted on 5 Jun 2010 19:02:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Jun 2010 19:03:09 BDT
Ethereal says:
Wow...
What about a "Retreat" thread where posters undertake to keep it peaceful even where opinions differ, but discuss whatever topics they choose?
It wouldn't be enforceable, of course, relying on personal decency.
I don't want to play host which is why I've only thrown it out there.
I could stick to the fiction forum but I've actually picked up a lot about Amazon from being here - before someone else says it - and it can be interesting.

Posted on 5 Jun 2010 19:07:36 BDT
Damaskcat says:
Both this and the politics forum are getting stupid and the people who want to have sane rational discussions - even if they disagee with each other - are posting less and less because it just isn't worth it.

Posted on 14 Jun 2010 20:43:29 BDT
Is there ANYWHERE we can all have nice, sensible, witty, smart & above all chummy discussions about anything that interests us all?

Posted on 14 Jun 2010 21:11:02 BDT
Danny says:
Just start one and see if it pans out. If everybody sits around waiting for sensible and witty banter and nobody posts anything, it will be awfully quiet.

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 09:36:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jun 2010 09:37:58 BDT
Molly Brown says:
Posted on 21 April 2010 11:18 BST
CORFE says:
ScottPaul - Shut up.

ScottPaul's reply was deleted by Amazon as it was not very nice at all.

Most recent post:
In reply to an earlier post
In reply to an earlier post on 21 April 2010 20:38 BST
ScottPaul ScottPaul says:
[Deleted by Amazon on 1 May 2010 12:20 BST]

My response to now deleted post of ScottPaul's was:

Now, now boys, lets keep this civilised. Do you know eachother? Will some tell me to p*ss off (not of), because I am interested in this discussion. Makes me scared to post anything else. But hey, I am not intimidated!
This is turning into the worst language, not worst accent.
Getting back to the discussion, another worst accent ever, is James Coburn in The Great Escape. I bet all Australians really cringe every time they watch that film. At least Gibson's was sort of close?

This is his reply to me which was deleted by Amazon on 1st May, but as ScottPaul has joined the forum again here is a copy which is in my e.mails:

I don't actually give a s*it what you think-that w***er had a go first so I told him where to go-that simple. Your lover is it?And proper spelling is not worth using for some people, but I'm so glad you noticed, you must feel so God damn superior! Unlike your posting! (Sorry, no spelling 'error' for you here, let me know so I can correcticle it!)
As for Gibson's accent, he lived for years in Australia-according to some people, he IS a virtual Aussie, not that I believe this-so he should be able to sort of get it right. Most Australians should be cringing at the fact Home

In reply to an earlier post on 22 April 2010 21:44 BST
[Deleted by Amazon on 1 May 2010 12:20 BST]

It is still listed but not shown on the "Worse Accents" discussion in the Drama Forum. I in fact did not complain to Amazon over this even though I intimated I had. I can only assume Amazon chose to delete it themselves.

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 09:47:15 BDT
Damaskcat says:
And that is meant to calm the situation down?? If you meant the rest of us to think you've been treated badly NJ - it didn't work. In fact I would have said that ScottPaul and you are just as bad as each other and it's a shame you gave us even more evidence on which to base an opinion of yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2010 09:54:17 BDT
NJ - What is the purpose of your post??

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 10:09:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jun 2010 10:44:03 BDT
Molly Brown says:
Posted on 14 Jun 2010 20:32 BST
"My name has just come up here-what for, I'd like to know, to by rememberance, some irritating person"

His name was not brought up by me at all. JJ Graber mentioned/brought his name up, and couldn't find the deleted posts. They were not deleted because "Amazon some times do that", as there are posts going further back. They clearly state that Amazon had deleted them. His posts were in between other posts that were and are showing. Just thought I would make it clear.

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 11:59:47 BDT
Danny says:
I can only go on the posts made on this forum, but from what I have seen of ScottPaul he seemed perfectly normal. He even joined in a conversation or two. Thats what we need, people talking about stuff as opposed to arguing.

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 14:22:11 BDT
Molly Brown says:
When have you seen ScottPaul then Mark, in the mirror perhaps? He quite often had his posts deleted by Amazon well before I ever posted at him. But then you wouldn't know that would you, as you don't know him that well as you have said.

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 14:28:47 BDT
Danny says:
NJ says:
[You are ignoring this customer's posts. Show post anyway. Show all ignored posts.]

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 14:48:35 BDT
Molly Brown says:
I thought you were before, but obviously you couldn't resist looking, could you, admit it, you are obsessed aren't you.

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 17:43:32 BDT
Danny says:
NJ says:
[You are still ignoring this customer's posts. Show post anyway. Show all ignored posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2010 17:51:00 BDT
JJG says:
I said amazon sometimes do that because the thread you set up asked for them to be dealt with. You complained that amazon did nothing, they have now is what I meant.

Anyway goodbye, I shall not return anytime soon.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2010 18:40:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jun 2010 18:48:49 BDT
NJ, now longer I Know Not What's Going On or whatever, I do 'not often have my posts deleted by amazon-if someone misinterprets something & comes over all victim-like & bleats till they do something, that's something else. Ever happened to you or is the passive-aggressive way the best way to slip through the bleeding net? I haven't had anymore posts deleted by amazon than anyone else, and enough I took off myself. You're so lucky no one's done the same to you! Or have they, as you have bounced on here under another name?

If you're gonna talk about me, I do wish you'd get things accurate & not leave the extreme provocations out you used on a few occassions & then the crying wolf when you got a narky defensive reply, dearie.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2010 18:44:57 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jun 2010 18:56:12 BDT
Thank you, Mr Twain, I am actually quite normal indeed, as must surely many of the postees here. And you have a far more accurate picture of me than NJ formerly that Which Did Not Know Wot Was Going On-I assume she does these days...?

I see she has the nerve to bring back what I posted to her months ago, conveniently forgetting several other people posted nice & nasty replies in my defence over her patronising attack on my sentence to have some joker who'd already started a fight that was nothing to do with her, but she just had to wade into. I had had a bad day and blew! I do wish she'd stop acting like the great forever hunted, it's so tiring.

As for Damaskat he should try not to be a tw@t-he weren't there to see her start & he should have a rather accurate view of what she's like on these forums by now!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2010 18:51:23 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 15 Jun 2010 18:51:59 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2010 03:17:54 BDT
Molly Brown says:
ScottPaul, I hate to think what the post you deleted was? I don't actually, or haven't seen many posts deleted by Amazon since I have been on the Forum. I haven't had any deleted yet. Your last post must have been pretty bad even for you in that you and not Amazon deleted the post.

The unfortunate thing is that you can be very helpful too on posts, and I believe, when you are calm, your postings are quite readable. And, as someone else said, you are very knowledgable on a lot of films. You even replied to me recently in a very pleasant way after obviously looking at my reviews on my closed account, and think you said I had very good taste, as we actually liked a lot of the same films. Remember, Dorothy Parker and The Vicious Circle?

Shame you have to spoil things for yourself. Remember I never brought your name up on this site.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2010 08:46:25 BDT
Damaskcat says:
ScottPaul - I'm female!! Yes I do know what's she's like - sees insults where none were intended but is pretty free with them herself. The posts of yours she copied here seemed to me to show you were as bad - but if some of her posts had been omitted then - fair enough - perhaps I misjudged you - I will reserve judgement on that score until I've seen some more of your posts on here.

I'm all too well aware of what NJ is like. Under one of her previous names she started a thread asking about the new ranking sytem - perfectly sensible questions which were answered seriously by several people - including myself. She then started telling us not to take it so seriously and accusing me personally of having several accounts and voting on my own reviews. No evidence produced of course as there is none.

I then showed that she had more than one account and offered to delete the post if it wasn't true - but she never responded because by that time she had me on ignore and consequently doesn't pay any attention to my posts.

That is the gist of my argument with her. She dishes out the insults but doesn't like being confronted with facts.

This forum used to be an interesting - and civil - place for discussing aspects of reviewing - now it's just a swamp full of piranhas.

Posted on 16 Jun 2010 09:10:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Jun 2010 09:10:54 BDT
Danny says:
Damaskcat says:

ScottPaul - I'm female!! Yes I do know what's she's like - sees insults where none were intended but is pretty free with them herself. The posts of yours she copied here seemed to me to show you were as bad - but if some of her posts had been omitted then - fair enough - perhaps I misjudged you - I will reserve judgement on that score until I've seen some more of your posts on here.

I'm all too well aware of what NJ is like. Under one of her previous names she started a thread asking about the new ranking sytem - perfectly sensible questions which were answered seriously by several people - including myself. She then started telling us not to take it so seriously and accusing me personally of having several accounts and voting on my own reviews. No evidence produced of course as there is none.

I then showed that she had more than one account and offered to delete the post if it wasn't true - but she never responded because by that time she had me on ignore and consequently doesn't pay any attention to my posts.

That is the gist of my argument with her. She dishes out the insults but doesn't like being confronted with facts.

This forum used to be an interesting - and civil - place for discussing aspects of reviewing - now it's just a swamp full of piranhas.

===============

For the record, though Damaskcat and I are very different people (and I am sure she won't take any offence at that!), I respect her ability to be able to string a coherent sentence together.

Personally I think the ignore facility is under-utilised. As Gandhi once said, "be the change you would like to see". IE, the best way to have an interesting discussion is to start one.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the top reviewers discussion forum (312 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  5 Jun 2010
Latest post:  17 Jun 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions