Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Customer Discussions > top reviewers discussion forum

Can someone call me when this place calms down?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 52 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Jun 2010 15:11:47 BDT
JJG says:
You can find me on the fiction, comics, science fiction, video games and a number of other forums.
Your reply to JJG's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on 5 Jun 2010 15:50:37 BDT
Molly Brown says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 5 Jun 2010 18:10:54 BDT
I think he's talking to you, Norma Jean, as one of the main offenders.

Posted on 5 Jun 2010 18:23:12 BDT
Damaskcat says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jun 2010 18:26:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Jun 2010 18:33:13 BDT
JJG says:

Posted on 5 Jun 2010 19:02:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Jun 2010 19:03:09 BDT
Ethereal says:

Posted on 5 Jun 2010 19:07:36 BDT
Damaskcat says:
Both this and the politics forum are getting stupid and the people who want to have sane rational discussions - even if they disagee with each other - are posting less and less because it just isn't worth it.

Posted on 14 Jun 2010 20:43:29 BDT
Is there ANYWHERE we can all have nice, sensible, witty, smart & above all chummy discussions about anything that interests us all?

Posted on 14 Jun 2010 21:11:02 BDT
Danny says:
Just start one and see if it pans out. If everybody sits around waiting for sensible and witty banter and nobody posts anything, it will be awfully quiet.

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 09:36:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jun 2010 09:37:58 BDT
Molly Brown says:

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 09:47:15 BDT
Damaskcat says:
And that is meant to calm the situation down?? If you meant the rest of us to think you've been treated badly NJ - it didn't work. In fact I would have said that ScottPaul and you are just as bad as each other and it's a shame you gave us even more evidence on which to base an opinion of yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2010 09:54:17 BDT

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 10:09:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jun 2010 10:44:03 BDT
Molly Brown says:

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 11:59:47 BDT
Danny says:
I can only go on the posts made on this forum, but from what I have seen of ScottPaul he seemed perfectly normal. He even joined in a conversation or two. Thats what we need, people talking about stuff as opposed to arguing.

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 14:22:11 BDT
Molly Brown says:

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 14:28:47 BDT
Danny says:

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 14:48:35 BDT
Molly Brown says:

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 17:43:32 BDT
Danny says:

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2010 17:51:00 BDT
JJG says:
I said amazon sometimes do that because the thread you set up asked for them to be dealt with. You complained that amazon did nothing, they have now is what I meant.

Anyway goodbye, I shall not return anytime soon.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2010 18:40:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jun 2010 18:48:49 BDT

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2010 18:44:57 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jun 2010 18:56:12 BDT

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2010 18:51:23 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 15 Jun 2010 18:51:59 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2010 03:17:54 BDT
Molly Brown says:

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2010 08:46:25 BDT
Damaskcat says:
ScottPaul - I'm female!! Yes I do know what's she's like - sees insults where none were intended but is pretty free with them herself. The posts of yours she copied here seemed to me to show you were as bad - but if some of her posts had been omitted then - fair enough - perhaps I misjudged you - I will reserve judgement on that score until I've seen some more of your posts on here.

I'm all too well aware of what NJ is like. Under one of her previous names she started a thread asking about the new ranking sytem - perfectly sensible questions which were answered seriously by several people - including myself. She then started telling us not to take it so seriously and accusing me personally of having several accounts and voting on my own reviews. No evidence produced of course as there is none.

I then showed that she had more than one account and offered to delete the post if it wasn't true - but she never responded because by that time she had me on ignore and consequently doesn't pay any attention to my posts.

That is the gist of my argument with her. She dishes out the insults but doesn't like being confronted with facts.

This forum used to be an interesting - and civil - place for discussing aspects of reviewing - now it's just a swamp full of piranhas.

Posted on 16 Jun 2010 09:10:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Jun 2010 09:10:54 BDT
Danny says:
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the top reviewers discussion forum (402 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  52
Initial post:  5 Jun 2010
Latest post:  21 Feb 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions