Customer Discussions > thriller discussion forum

Thriller with twists and turns

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 175 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Jun 2012 07:11:03 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 24 Jun 2012 14:32:54 BDT]

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 11:42:31 BDT
Ali says:
Assassin's Run (The Michael Prentiss Stories)
This book follows the story of a young man aspiring to join the army but the army have something special in mind for him. Bit of a slow start but the action soon picks up. Well worth a read if you like stories with unexpected twists and lots of action. I couldn't put it down!

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 12:33:06 BDT
Scarlet Lady says:
have got Ruled by Fear - Hope to read it over the weekend!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2012 01:09:57 BDT
Anita says:
Brother75, or is it David, it would be really nice if you added, that you are also the author's brother

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2012 08:32:28 BDT
Brother75 says:
Anita, I can reassure you that I am not her brother. What difference would it make anyway? I was talking about the story. I read it and I like it. Why shouldn't I recommand it than? - Besides I already got a good tip out of it, I'll read "Assassin's Run" next.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2012 11:01:57 BDT
Anita says:
If you are not her brother, my mistake then, sorry. Her father then? Or her son? Or *just* a cousin? The same surname is that kind of coincidence I find very hard to believe being incidental :)

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2012 12:41:11 BDT
Brother75 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2012 12:54:43 BDT
Anita says:
Rest assured: nowhere away from absolutely public Amazon pages

Posted on 23 Jun 2012 15:37:34 BDT
Mouse says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 23 Jun 2012 15:57:18 BDT
Anita says:
Yet another "coincidence" of surnames. How many different surnames are there in UK? Just curious, as they seem to come in doubles quite too often :)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jun 2012 07:09:34 BDT
Brother75 says:
Anita, I can't see any value of your question as it is not related to the subject at all. Why is it so important to you and bothering you so much? I was never interested in how many different spellings there are. I don't intend to find out, I don't have the time for that. If you are so obsesed with the surname than look it up in Wikipedia. There are quite a lot, even with different spellings, and I guess I am not related to anyone of them (but how knows). - Even if I would be related to the author, where is the problem? All I am telling in the post that it is a good book full of twists and turns. That's all. As I said, I read the book, I enjoyed the book and therefore I like to recommand it. Nobody else seems to have a problem with that.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jun 2012 07:55:19 BDT
Sou'Wester says:
Methinks the poster doth protest too much! I suppose it is just possible that B75 having exactly the same surname as the book's author is coincidence, but given the shenagins that some writers get up to and which are evident all over these forums (and particularly in thriller threads) it's hardly surprising that we've all become highly suspicious. It does seem very odd that - out of all the thousands of books available - the one that gets recommended is a very obscure tome from someone who shares the author's surname.

Posted on 24 Jun 2012 08:27:11 BDT
Garscadden says:
Another public source points out one Kerstin McNichol shares an address with a David McNichol.

A Kerstin McNichol on Facebook (this one, I think), met David McNichol on 22nd nov 1996. I'm guessing husband and wife. Hopefully a different David, as disowning ones German wife is a little unkind.

Posted on 24 Jun 2012 11:20:55 BDT
Anita says:
Brother75 - why it is bothering me? Just pushing a book written by someone close to you is *almost* as bad as pushing a book of your own. And we have more than enough of THAT here. I hope the explanation is good enough

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jun 2012 13:55:57 BDT
Sou'Wester says:
It would indeed be unchivalrous to disown one's wife. However, given the rather peculiar writing in the book, one could certainly speculate that English was not this author's first language.

Posted on 28 Jul 2012 16:20:17 BDT
N Gray says:
I recently read The Zombie Room by RD Ronald which was completely brilliant and kept me gripped from start to finish. Of all the books I've read this year, The Zombie Room would be my stand out book and I would definitely recommend it.

Posted on 30 Jul 2012 22:38:03 BDT
julieg says:
The best thriller's that I have read in the past couple of months, which i would definitely recommend are:
A Circle in the Woods.
The Well,
Just finished, Ghosts of Rosewood Asylum.
All three books, once started I just could not put down until they were finished.
Happy kindling.

Posted on 31 Jul 2012 12:33:04 BDT
Midwife says:
Cambridge Red
Just read "Cambridge Red" by Siobhan Carew, was a bit slow to start with while the scene was set, but once it got going, it got me into trouble! never did get the lawn mowed! just could not put it down! for what i think is a first time writer, is very good, cant wait for her next one.

Posted on 31 Jul 2012 20:31:44 BDT
Jerry says:
Southern Cross by Tom Isbell, a spy story set in New York City and on board a cruise ship with the titular name in the early days of WW II, has a strong British connection and a very good sense of time and place. Recommended.

Posted on 5 Aug 2012 12:55:44 BDT
Joseph Amiel says:
I'm Joseph Amiel, the author of A QUESTION OF PROOF, and if you don't mind a writer, rather than a reader, entering the discussion, let me say that I like a thriller that twists and turns, upending what seems to be true, to keep you guessing and the suspense high until the very end. I hope I succeeded in doing that with this legal thriller, but you are the final judges of that. I'd love to know what you think of it.

Posted on 5 Aug 2012 23:11:17 BDT
Try my new novel- I See You In My Dreams: I See You In My Dreams

It's a thriller, with many twists and turns...

Thanks,

Stephen Smith

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2012 16:11:02 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 25 Aug 2012 01:05:58 BDT]

Posted on 3 Sep 2012 20:55:01 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 4 Sep 2012 08:02:59 BDT]

Posted on 5 Sep 2012 09:49:39 BDT
chastermief says:
A recent and deservedly successful novel in which an Englishman in Moscow is forced through some grim twists and turns by canny criminals and his own naivety is 'Snowdrops' by AD Miller.

For a bargain price, my sinuous crime novel 'Bright Spark' offers violence, false trails and reversals galore. Based on my own policing experience, it tells a tale of murder, revenge and redemption in the suburbs of modern England as they really are.

Snowdrops
Bright Spark

Posted on 5 Sep 2012 13:31:44 BDT
R. Welbourn says:
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the thriller discussion forum (395 discussions)

ARRAY(0xa54c70a8)

This discussion

Discussion in:  thriller discussion forum
Participants:  58
Total posts:  175
Initial post:  22 Jun 2012
Latest post:  10 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions