Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 82 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Feb 2012 10:10:05 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 18 Feb 2012 20:36:37 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2012 10:19:15 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 7 Feb 2012 10:19:54 GMT]

Posted on 7 Feb 2012 10:23:14 GMT
Shemmo says:
What not try Three Short Stories by Joanne Shemmans.Or Horror Express Volume 1 which contains Sanctuary, a novella of hers in. Later in the year she is also going to be releasing her debut novel. So watch out for that too.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2012 10:54:35 GMT
Why not try NJ Brown. He's first novel is a gripping crime thriller called Zero Sunshine, I have just read it and I am now waiting for his sequel.

Zero Sunshine

Posted on 7 Feb 2012 14:04:30 GMT
The Emperor says:
Shouldn't all this self praise for your own books be in the MOA forum?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2012 14:11:44 GMT
Steven Dunne's debut The Reaper and its sequel The Disciple are about as exciting as thrillers can get as far as I'm concerned. Enjoy.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2012 17:09:34 GMT
Sam Hawkens 'The dead women of Juarez' was a real page turner i never wanted to put down and didnt want to end. Violent, emotional and relevant to what is really happening in Ciudad Juarez. the author knows what he is talking about having been a jouranalist and done his research

Posted on 7 Feb 2012 19:03:23 GMT
I know of a new author Alan Barrett first ever book Shadows came out 31st Jan 2012. It a psychological crime thriller Fantastic

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2012 23:16:07 GMT
N.J Brown is a truly good read a proper page turner this author needs serious attention as his book Zero Sunshine is one that should not be missed. Its a Crime Thriller with some supernatural mixed in. This guy has done his research and come up with a fast paced, intriguing, plot twisting ever so creepy in parts crime thriller. Its due a sequel if you read it you will learn why and like me be gasping for the next book to be released. READ Zero Sunshine

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 17:46:34 GMT
Linda Gruchy says:
Thanks for giving debut novelists a chance, Thiller_lover. It's hard competing with the well-known authors.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Feb 2012 18:03:33 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 25 Apr 2012 08:55:05 BDT]

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 19:55:54 GMT
I hear you with the same authors. I've found some good ones in Indie publishers: One from the U.S. is Scarlet Black's The Wisdom of Evil. It's really different than the thriller's I normally read, it's psychological thriller/suspense with a twist at the end. I did like Stephen King's 11/22/63 alot too.
Debra

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Feb 2012 12:25:16 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 12 Feb 2012 16:08:16 GMT]

Posted on 9 Feb 2012 20:14:46 GMT
KB says:
Hi Thriller Lover.

I don't know how new he is any more, but you might enjoy Rivers of London (Rivers of London 1) by Ben Aaronovitch. Stumbled across it in a book shop last September and loved it. It's about a young cop in London who gets involved in solving murders of a grotesque supernatural nature. Sounds a bit silly perhaps, but don't be fooled by it's fantasy element. It's excellently written, very witty, and completely believable. There's a sequel too if you should like it.

Otherwise, there's a book called The Price of Redemption by Gavin Dobson which is excellent too. It's about a London based capital funds manager who seals the deal of a lifetime with a huge American company, only to discover too late that the company he has hopped into bed with are a little low on morals and big on greed. Total page turner. Plus it's really informative about the world of finance.

Hope you enjoy them, if you do decide to check them out!

Posted on 10 Feb 2012 08:22:54 GMT
Stephen West says:
I just finished an advanced reader copy (won it in a competition!) for Dead Harvest (Angry Robot), fantastic debut! I know a lot of books are described as "can't put it down" but I really had to force myself to stop from time to time, the action is non-stop and incredibly involving. The gritty reality of the writing contrasts nicely with the supernatural elements- you've never encountered angels and demons like these before.

Posted on 11 Feb 2012 14:39:59 GMT
Ann M says:
In the Blood (A Genealogical Crime Mystery) Featured in 'Best Books of 2011' is an excellent debut novel and well worth a read. The author is Steve Robinson.

Posted on 12 Feb 2012 10:38:54 GMT
Barca_10 says:
If you enjoy fast paced and well written thrillers, try out The Oktober Projekt by R J Dillon

Take a sneak preview - only 98p on Kindle

"If you like spy thrillers with an ever twisting and at times complex story line then this ones for you, the plots and twists and descriptive feel make you believe you are really there in the midst of the plot. Could easily make a fantastic film. Best spy thriller I have read in a long time"

Posted on 12 Feb 2012 13:59:12 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 12 Feb 2012 16:08:32 GMT]

Posted on 15 Feb 2012 17:25:55 GMT
Try Missing (The Matt Spears Mysteries) by Barry Crowther. Great noir read!

Posted on 15 Feb 2012 17:42:37 GMT
Wingding says:
Africa noir...The Liquidator

Posted on 15 Feb 2012 19:06:26 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Feb 2012 19:07:31 GMT
Miss M says:
Try Red Station: Harry Tate Series, Book 1 (A Harry Tate Thriller) - not sure I'd actually categorize it as a thriller, but it's a good spies (MI5/6) on the run read.

ETA: Hmmm, just realized it's more 'new to me' and no longer debut - but still good :)

Posted on 16 Feb 2012 16:43:03 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 11 Jun 2012 15:05:31 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2012 21:08:42 GMT
Marand says:
Helen

Amazon no longer permit promos outside of the 'Meet our Authors' thread (see the Amazon announcement at the top of the list of threads). You can find the link to the MOA forum at the bottom of the page - its in the most active community forums. Amazon have deleted promo posts and occasionally banned authors. I haven't seen your name on the forums before so you may not be aware of all this.

Posted on 16 Feb 2012 21:57:08 GMT
MJP says:
Wicked Game
Wicked Game. Matt Johnson. This guy has been there, lived it!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Feb 2012 10:08:01 GMT
Sorry no I wasn't aware - at the same time as posting in this thread I also posted on about four others - sincere apologies. Helen
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the thriller discussion forum (396 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  thriller discussion forum
Participants:  65
Total posts:  82
Initial post:  7 Feb 2012
Latest post:  5 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions