Shop now Shop now Shop now Wedding Guest Edit Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more
Customer Discussions > thriller discussion forum

Suggestions for a new thriller reader please

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 543 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 3 Oct 2012 21:56:30 BDT
Anita says:
Perhaps this:

stalk
v. stalked, stalk∑ing, stalks
v.intr.
1. To walk with a stiff, haughty, or angry gait
:)

(http://www.thefreedictionary.com/stalk)

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Oct 2012 22:43:39 BDT
freesia says:
Stalking, in the modern era, is a form of constant unwelcome following...despite whatever dictionary some foreigners look up from the olden days. Regardless of the interpretation of the word, some of these posts in these forums are horrendously abusive, unnecessary and personal.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Oct 2012 22:50:23 BDT
freesia says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Oct 2012 22:54:53 BDT
Garscadden says:
If you believe so you should request Amazon remove them, they are wonderfully helpful normally - just ask all those shills where their reviews have gone. Or ask Mrs. Jacqueline A. Zimmerman where her advert posts went, or Dean Scurlock.

I agree with the sentiments of horror though - Amazon make it quite clear advertising isn't allowed, yet the pond-weed keep at it. And then sink to shill reviews, and getting all upset went they are revealed as such. They always say that 'if amazon remove my review I'll make them restore it', well, for example - do you see Mary's shill reviews restored? No.

Pointing out someone is scamming isn't stalking, it is being a good citizen. Maybe more people should try it?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Oct 2012 22:55:56 BDT
Garscadden says:
To be honest - it was never funny - but it is the easiest way to get the point across, and it tends to make the fools think there is a link to their book, so they don't add one back. They tend to be too brain dead to check it goes where they think.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Oct 2012 22:57:06 BDT
freesia says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Oct 2012 23:10:04 BDT
freesia says:
I dont disagree with your concept. I disagree with the personal comments made. I also think you MAY be slight niaive (absolutely no disrepect intended) but if it were me, i would back off, change my name, shove. Few reviews agInst me and self promote again. There is no way we're going to stop it. But if you or me feel so passionate about stopping self reviews thenit should be done in a coherent, civilised manner and i do think that if someone is so passioniate in their views that they should be able to articulate that view in a constructive, plain english, well thought, approach. And absolutely not by trying to humiliation through grammar, intimidation by "i know u and your family" etc. THAT "tact" is horrendous and i would buy their book for principle. They are not terrorists...they are trying to make a living. Politely hit the button that says it doesnt add to discussion or,and, reportnthem to amazon.

Posted on 3 Oct 2012 23:15:22 BDT
Anita says:
Sure enough, everybody know what stalking is. If anyone fails to understand my a bit tongue-in-cheek post, so be it.

And yeah - whatever all spammers' defenders say, thankfully at least *some* people are still pointing out those scamming. Interesting: if you see a burglar robbing your neighbour's house, you'd also say nothing? Because the burglar also has to eat? I don't think all those cheating authors and their family members are any better.

Just a little bit curious, if "some foreigners" is directed at me, and if I should consider the remark racist, or something. If any of the posts above were stalking, perhaps I should, then :)

Posted on 4 Oct 2012 10:29:40 BDT
Ld says:
The majority of the posters on here are Garscadden; Anita and little jumped up frog! nit pick all the time, on and on and on.... boring the hell out of the rest of us.... I will not explain myself to anyone frogface... wind your neck in and go do something less boring instead!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2012 10:31:36 BDT
Ld says:
look up boring, tiresome and pratt....

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2012 11:14:09 BDT
Anita says:
Ah, long time no see? Any more synonims in your vocabulary?

"The rest of you" are just freesia and you by the way. You can hardly expect much support from the spammers. They don't care about you, just about themselves.

The funniest thing is that you have never contributed anything interesting, here or anywhere. Just barking at wrong trees. Well, go on, enjoy repeating once again how boring I am, and how incredibly interesting you are

Posted on 4 Oct 2012 11:48:09 BDT
Ld says:
never contributed? check again on the forums sweetie, you have, once again, made a mistake...I think youll also find its not just Freesia and I who find the gang you bounce off tedious and repetative, its just that maybe we 'not as in royal we' but Freesia and i feel that someone (two) feel the need to have our say and not just let it be taken over by petty people like yourself! Oh and i never bark at trees, im not a dog!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2012 12:06:05 BDT
Ld says:
Stalking to me is finding out, through social networking sites and personal information sites, who the person really is or who their brothers, sisters, parents, cousing, friends etc etc are... do you not think that it is not weird to do that?? its creepy...

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2012 12:07:56 BDT
Ld says:
You are the definition of a stalker.... which is now an offence... have you nothing better to do than see who's related to who and perve over their photos... eeugh... very creepy

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2012 12:09:35 BDT
Anita says:
Barking up the wrong tree is an idiom, dearest, nothing to do with dogs.

And yes, you have contributed, just nothing interesting :)

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2012 12:12:57 BDT
Ld says:
'why should she/he go harass someone else'? why shouldnt he anita? do you approve of harrassment also? Maybe he should harrass you? you dont seem to mind being an ally to someone who harrassess others so im sure you would appreciate being harrassed yourself.... enjoy

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2012 12:15:15 BDT
Ld says:
Its probably easy for someone like you (half-wit) who is so used to stalking people on the internet to know where to look... searching for peoples names and looking at the photos... how bizarre is that! you only do that to satisfy an obsession... creepy!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2012 12:18:40 BDT
Ld says:
then you were WRONG. were you not Anita, Do i have an apology? no of course i dont! i have contributed, be it interesting or not, it was a contribution to the forum!! have you? i dont look at your recommendations as i think they would bore me slightly.. An idiom? Hmm anyone would think that your getting personal, as usual! :)

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2012 12:31:16 BDT
Anita says:
Sorry - can you read? I said: "And yes, you have contributed..." - if that is WRONG, I do apologize and correct myself: no, you haven't contributed. :)

Idioms are listed in most dictionaries, you might want to check those out too

Posted on 4 Oct 2012 12:42:22 BDT
Ld says:
I didnt find this idiom in the english dictionary Anita, but i did find it in the theasaurus... does that count as a dictionary?

Oh and no i cant read. only the ABC

Posted on 4 Oct 2012 14:00:34 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 4 Oct 2012 22:06:56 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2012 14:55:12 BDT
Anita says:
Mary, by uploading your personal information on internet you do make it public, and creepy as it is, it's your personal choice. You want your private things be private, just do not publish them. You may no-vote me as much as you please, but that won't change facts.

In addition to that, you've put your kid's photo on your profile. Again, your personal choice, but - well, I would not do that.

And then, disowning your own father on (well, now deleted) promotional posts is even more creepy. I would not disown my father under any circumstances... I hope

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2012 17:25:17 BDT
Jack Elgos says:
I've got a really good idea, as this discussion is titled "Suggestions for a new thriller reader please"
How about giving "Suggestions for a new thriller reader" instead of constantly arguing?
If you want to argue why don't you start a post called "I want to argue with someone"
Jack

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2012 18:47:36 BDT
Bookmark says:
Anita - you make a number of very valid points. Anything posted onto the Internet in the form of social networking sites, forums such as this or sites like LinkedIn becomes public information - otherwise why would anyone post it. Doubtless the police and other agencies make extensive use of the information provided.

Posted on 4 Oct 2012 19:30:04 BDT
Jan says:
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the thriller discussion forum (398 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  thriller discussion forum
Participants:  203
Total posts:  543
Initial post:  17 Apr 2012
Latest post:  13 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 28 customers

Search Customer Discussions