Customer Discussions > thriller discussion forum

Great kindle reads for under 2.00 - recommendations please!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 222 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 10:27:04 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 25 Apr 2012 08:56:15 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 10:29:02 BDT
Karma2011 says:
Brambleton Manor (The Marnoch Series)

This is by my Dad and it's brilliant!

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 13:24:18 BDT
Rosa Moline says:
Women and Children first by Gill Paul. Couldn't put it down, read it late into the night - 3am. Great characters you really care about...and it's 99p!

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 21:30:09 BDT
Dave T says:
Murder Me (A novel. Suspense/Thriller.) Murder Me, by John Meany. This is a fantastic thriller for .99 cents.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2012 08:40:43 BDT
Pappashanga says:
Is he a relative of Owen? I'll give it a whirl. Try Lovesick by J.A.Campion for a superior thriller at $1.47(99p or thereabouts)

Posted on 24 Apr 2012 15:15:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Apr 2012 15:22:16 BDT
John White says:
The Messenger Jack is a soldier. He sees dead people. He's told he's suffering PTSD. He hopes it is - the alternative, that what he is seeing is real, terrifies him.

Posted on 24 Apr 2012 18:18:31 BDT
percyverance says:
Try the thriller Double Usage by Christine Bols. Free.

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 13:17:51 BDT
If you love a series I've been reading Mel Comley's Justice series. I started with Impeding Justice, but Cruel Justice is the first in the series and I loved it. Both 5* reads, and I'm getting ready to start the next one.

Cruel Justice (DI Lorne Simpkins (Book one))

Linda S. Prather

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 20:02:43 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 27 Apr 2012 23:39:33 BDT]

Posted on 28 Apr 2012 09:03:09 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 30 Apr 2012 00:41:54 BDT]

Posted on 30 Apr 2012 13:24:28 BDT
D. King says:
The No.1 Zombie Detective Agency - 1.53
Your reply to D. King's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on 30 Apr 2012 17:32:26 BDT
Try Mental dental (murder by proxy) bitting thriller full of killer dentists. If you dislike going to the dentists then this will freak you out further.

Posted on 30 Apr 2012 17:36:37 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 30 Apr 2012 17:44:25 BDT]

Posted on 30 Apr 2012 19:37:04 BDT
Penitent Really interesting and exciting book. An author with an original idea. Steven Clarkin Penitent

Posted on 1 May 2012 07:35:25 BDT
Ron S says:
A Killing in the City from John Holt

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2012 08:26:17 BDT
Fi esta says:
May I commend your Dad on his choice of cover? When I see something as well chosen as that, it says 'read me'...

Posted on 1 May 2012 18:20:30 BDT
Rj Palmer says:
Sins of the Father

Bowen is an orphaned child in feudal England whose first appearance in this novel is having been bound hands and feet and whipped mercilessly by the monks in a monastery in an excess of bloodlust. He's realistically of an indeterminate age but no more than about seven years old and the monks are very sadistic. He's punished repeatedly for any number of minor and inconsequential infractions.

Bowen's father and mother and sister are dead. His sister was the victim of a brutal rape in which she became pregnant and died shortly after giving birth though she had been returned to her parents' home in a beaten and catatonic state. His father drowned and his mother burned to death in the family home.

Aaron is a minister in present day Midwest America who takes a short sabbatical after he has a fainting episode while experiencing the marks of the stigmata immediately preceding a sermon that he's supposed to deliver about Faith Unending, a concept with which he's struggling himself.

Lucian is a severely autistic child in the present day who's found homeless and taken to a mental health center after a fire in an abandoned building in which he's sleeping. He's horribly scarred and disfigured and bears a striking resemblance to Bowen and Aaron. He takes a liking of a sort to Aaron, who has eyes of the same amethyst color as his. He also bears a mark on his chest which looks like a brand and is the mark of the Celtic war god Rudianos.

Lucian has a horrible aversion to religious symbols, only speaks Welsh and then only in riddles and in a cold, hateful voice not like a child, "The guardian lives. The gate has been opened. The sins of the father borne upon the son. Vengeance thirsts for blood. The sacrifice must be made." He also tends to say, "Bless the child, save the child." All this starts to make sense, along with the rash of fires that follows Lucian wherever he goes when Aaron finds out that Bowen and Lucian are the same person.

A minister losing touch with his faith...

A severely autistic child with no past, no present and no real future...

An evil older than time itself...

When the boy Lucian is thrown into Aaron's life with nowhere else to go all hell breaks loose and Aaron confronts things he never actually imagined could really exist in an effort to save one small, tortured child.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2012 19:30:30 BDT
Sou'Wester says:
Yet again, it has to be pointed out that this sort of self-promotion and advertising is neither welcome nor permitted by Amazon within forums other than the "Meet Our Authors" section. When people are looking for recommendations they're usually looking for unbiased views from readers not connected with the writer/publisher; self-recommendation has little real value.

Posted on 3 May 2012 13:27:51 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 3 May 2012 13:53:14 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2012 21:59:31 BDT
lok says:
Can I recommend my own book? If so, Please check out Moll by me (Linda O'Kelly) - 1.23
Also, any of the books by C.L. Bevill - her Bubba series are very good and they're all under 2.00

Posted on 4 May 2012 21:53:53 BDT
Roadrunner says:
I can highly recommend this brandnew Top Thriller BLOODLINE OF EVIL!

Posted on 4 May 2012 22:11:00 BDT
acrehillfarm says:
white heat or red for betrayal - T D Shaw -

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2012 11:42:19 BDT
Whisper says:
Try Fairyborn, it is a bit off the wall, not your normal book.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2012 14:35:45 BDT
Try THE EZEKIEL PROPHECY by Andrew Middleton. A thumping good thriller from a professional writer.

Posted on 5 May 2012 14:42:17 BDT
S says:
Only the Innocent is the obvious choice if you haven't read it already.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the thriller discussion forum (395 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0xb0835dec)

This discussion

Discussion in:  thriller discussion forum
Participants:  160
Total posts:  222
Initial post:  19 Feb 2012
Latest post:  28 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 25 customers

Search Customer Discussions