Customer Discussions > thriller discussion forum

Suggestions for a new thriller reader please

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 543 posts in this discussion
Posted on 4 Jun 2012 20:39:12 BDT
Elaine4Wales says:
All Sophie Hannah's books are fantastic.
Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell.
Tom Thorne series by Mark Billingham.
Anything by Karen Rose and Katia Lief (lots of her books are available for as little as 49p at the moment)
Lisa Gardner and Tess Gerritsen are two to watch as well.

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 20:42:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jun 2012 20:44:29 BDT
viv says:
Black & Reddy by Neil Gouldingay a cracking first novel, a real page turner can't wait for the next installment

Posted on 8 Jun 2012 12:45:43 BDT
I recently read The Oligarch by G W Eccles. At last a thriller about Russia written by someone who, obviously, has actually been there! Whether in Moscow or Siberia, The Oligarch screams authenticity: a Russian President who stretched the rules to secure a third term of office, the murky world of oligarchs who will stop at nothing to maintain their wealth and influence, and the sinister behind-scenes tactics of the FSB. In weaving his complex plot, the author clearly understands the influences behind Russian political and business life today. In particular, I found the description of the remote and polluted Arctic mining town, where the main action of the thriller takes place, both harrowing and disturbing. An excellent read.The Oligarch: A Thriller

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2012 14:28:29 BDT
J says:
Have you read any of the Linwood Barclay books,brilliant,lots of twists and turns until the last page

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2012 17:01:52 BDT
Mr. D. Menon says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 8 Jun 2012 18:29:19 BDT
Avid Reader says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 8 Jun 2012 20:24:22 BDT
The Mike Walsh novels by J. D. Michael Phelps are exciting reads and police procedurals by a former cop. THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE ("The Mike Walsh Detective Novels".) and The Jockey's Justice (The Mike Walsh Detective Novels)

Posted on 12 Jun 2012 09:04:15 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Jun 2012 11:16:57 BDT
Ann M says:
In the Blood: A Genealogical Crime Mystery #1 (Jefferson Tayte) and To the Grave: A Genealogical Crime Mystery #2 (Jefferson Tayte) by Steve Robinson are well worth a read.

This is not a self promo like so many postings on this thread. These are books I have bought, read and enjoyed!

Posted on 12 Jun 2012 11:44:42 BDT
Gelert says:

Posted on 12 Jun 2012 13:11:55 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 3 Jul 2012 16:59:10 BDT]

Posted on 14 Jun 2012 21:22:26 BDT
Thriller fan says:
Have you tried Little Face? Sophie Hannah wrote it.

And The Missing is similar in that it's fast-paced and exciting and has a similar tone.

I'll soon be reading Hurting Distance and Before I Go to Sleep.

Little FaceThe Missing

Posted on 17 Jun 2012 22:17:57 BDT
i love the michael bennett series by james patterson

Posted on 18 Jun 2012 18:26:28 BDT

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jun 2012 23:43:29 BDT
Try Revelation Road I just read The Harbinger - couldn't put either down.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2012 13:58:00 BDT
Poetry Lover says:
Yes - all of them and they are brilliant. Try Gregg Hurwitz, too.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 14:17:11 BDT
julieg says:
Thrillers: why not try? Nicci French...The Safe House, Land of the Living, Red Room, Beneath the skin,
and i have just finished an Amazon read, which is a chiller, thriller. Circle in the Woods by Winston Emerson.
Happy reading

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 14:20:25 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 20 Jun 2012 14:20:56 BDT]

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 18:50:23 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jun 2012 14:11:04 BDT
L.B says:
This is the first time I joined in a forum. I came here looking for my next thriller. I usually go for the best seller ones but my friend recommended The Blake Curse. It's a debut novel by an unknown author and I decided to give it a go. It was good. See my review. I decided to explore first time authors. Any suggestions for some good thrillers?

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 16:41:22 BDT
If you like psycho thrillers/paranormal horror wrapped in a drama with lot's of action and twists and turns, you might like: The Wisdom Of Evil by Scarlet Black.
-Debra

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 16:43:43 BDT
M Jones says:
Redemption - Will Jordan

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 07:03:30 BDT
Brother75 says:
Hi SomethingBeautiful,

If you are interested in "family Thrillers" you also like to take a look at "Ruled by Fear" (Kerstin McNichol). On first impression it is domestic violence but going deeper into the story it is so much more. - Can't tell more otherwise I would spoil it. The story is full of twist and turns and was fun to read.
Hope you give it a try.

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 21:57:54 BDT
Victoria says:
Hi! If you like psychological thriller, you can read "STILL MISSING" by Chevy Stevens. It's a great thriller! I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend to anyone. The story is incredible. Any comments?

Posted on 4 Jul 2012 11:05:55 BDT
Beathag says:
Emma's Baby Fab thriller and family orientated.
The Mother's Tale: A Novel
Broken Fences: How far would you go to protect your children?
Blood Ties Brilliant
Unspoken
Someone Else's Son
Everything and Nothing
The Playdate

Posted on 7 Jul 2012 01:41:12 BDT
Try anything by the following:
Newton Thornburg;
Charles Willeford;
Joe Gores;
Ross Macdonald;
Gregory MacDonald;
Geoffrey Household;
Trevanian;
Walter Wager.

Posted on 7 Jul 2012 10:34:46 BDT
jmeach says:
Any Quintin Jardine or Simon Kernick - excellent reads
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the thriller discussion forum (396 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  thriller discussion forum
Participants:  203
Total posts:  543
Initial post:  17 Apr 2012
Latest post:  13 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 28 customers

Search Customer Discussions