Customer Discussions > thriller discussion forum

New scandanavian crime

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-38 of 38 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2012 15:15:58 BDT
Read them all.... except for the latest that i can't afford yet but am looking forward to. Loved them all so far!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2012 19:04:11 BDT
Jo Nesbo...fantastic Harry Hole series

Posted on 16 Jun 2012 22:17:51 BDT
Book Addict says:
Another Jo Nesbo fan here : ) LOVE his books, and couldn't put them down.

Posted on 17 Jun 2012 20:46:11 BDT
Mary Bale says:
Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow
Snow Falling on Cedars American but also really scandanavian feel to it.

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 14:38:57 BDT
chrissy100 says:
just read The Hypnotist by lars keplar very good couldnt put it down

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 17:38:05 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jun 2012 17:39:55 BDT
Huck Flynn says:
thought Miss Smilla ended very disappointingly
but agree about Snow Falling - lovely book - much more than just a detective/mystery book (and not scandic)
Tenderness of Wolves is another readable mystery with lots of snow (set in north america) as is the brilliant Simple Plan by Scott Smith

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 17:42:54 BDT
NP Statham says:
There are many fantastic Swedish crime writers. From my own little corner of the world (Gotland, Sweden), I can recommend the Mari Jungsted series, specially the Inner Circle.

You might also want to check out my own murder mystery Drawn in Blood (Rick Stone), set in Swedish colonized Mora, MN. It's on a free Happy Midsummer campaign this June 23-24.

Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2012 10:23:43 BDT
NP Statham says:
Hi Gwyneth,

I really enjoy Mari Jungsted, I wrote a review for her first three books, it might help you make a decision.

http://www.npstatham.com/2012/03/unseen-by-mari-jungstedt.html
http://www.npstatham.com/2012/03/in-unspoken-mari-jungstedt-questions.html
http://www.npstatham.com/2012/03/inner-circle-by-mari-jungstedt.html

The Inner Circle is my favorite, btw.

Happy reading!
/NP

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2012 15:04:04 BDT
j A. Powell says:
Hullo I really love the Nordic crime writers, started off with Henning Mankell and have gone on from there,Jo Nesbo is a favoutite of mine, I also lived the tv series The Bridge, also Those Who Kill, maybe we can discuss any new author we find,

Posted on 23 Jun 2012 15:04:49 BDT
j A. Powell says:
Happy reading.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2012 10:47:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Aug 2012 10:52:06 BDT
K. Gibson says:
Helene Tursten is good but you cannot compare her books to Mankell or Nesbo as she is quieter without the gruesome aspects with more character development. Also there is her family and how they interact with her job. I enjoyed her books.
Mari Jungsted is excellent more like the traditional nordic crime.
My current favourite Is Camilla Lackberg I am just reading The Drowning, but the series starts with the Ice Princess. The Hidden Child made me cry it was superb.
Varg Veum is good I have seen some DVDs of the character.
Hakan Nesser is good too, I have read all of his it starts with Borkmanns Point. However I guessed who done it about 1/3 of the way through, but I am an avid crime-bookphile and I can usually work it out.
Per Wahloo/Maj Stowell are fantastic I think that Martin Beck is great. There are ten I have read them all. They are a bit dated as they were written in the 60/70s no mobiles, computers etc but well written and the perfect police procedural. They are funny and well written. There is along with Beck's department, a comic dopey duo of regular car cops who usually mess stuff up but in one book catch the criminals by mistake. Roseanna is the first book in the ten.
I have just read Winter Sacrifice and Summertime Death by Mons Kallentoft. I have ordered the Autumn book which is released later in the year.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2012 14:30:23 BDT
j A. Powell says:
Hi Camilla Lackberg is also one of my favourites, waiting for The Drowning from my local library, after reading we will be discussing it among a very small circle of friends, hope it is as good as her others, always on the lookout for different writers and shall be trying some of your,s, Martin Beck will be first then Per Wahloo/Maj Stowell will be next.

Posted on 5 Aug 2012 09:39:33 BDT
K. Gibson says:
Kjell Erikson is popular although not one of my favourites. He lust has a new book out. I am currently reading ( struggling )with Princess of Burundi. I am not sure that I will try the new one?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the thriller discussion forum (396 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  thriller discussion forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  12 Apr 2012
Latest post:  5 Aug 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions