Customer Discussions > thriller discussion forum

recommend me a great original book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 414 posts in this discussion
Posted on 6 May 2012 12:39:15 BDT
G. M. Dobbs says:
Then I apologize of course, and I will be taking a look at the problem with my website so thanks for pointing this out. I've taken the Cormac Writes link from the site, but other than that am unsure what to do. But back to topic the book Suspicious Minds by Paul Bishop features Elvis Presley and is a great read, it's very clever the way the author's brought the rock and roll singer into the thriller mix. I loved it, anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2012 13:21:50 BDT
Garscadden says:
No need to apologise, it's not your fault :) Hope whatever the issue was is sorted, unfortunately there seems to be a lot of it around, I was actually trying to view the Cormac Writes site, to see what the issue is but while I am pretty darn confident this little computer won't be hurt by nasty websites, my browser disagrees.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 22:29:02 BDT
Darren says:
If you want something really original and different, something that goes way outside the box while still being readable and thrilling, have a look at the link below. This is a very short book, but it's also very inexpensive. You might want to check out the review on lit review website, The Scattering.

Isobel

In reply to an earlier post on 8 May 2012 00:47:26 BDT
Try The Bermondsey Grail by Mary Cade. Really lovely book, beautifully written, engaging and exciting.

Posted on 9 May 2012 04:03:48 BDT
Gary Dobbs/ Jack Martin it wouldn't matter if you were James Patterson, you are still not allowed to self promote on this forum. All your smug manner is doing is ensuring that there is not a hope in hell of me and many other posters reading your book if it came giftwrapped.

Posted on 9 May 2012 11:37:13 BDT
A. S. Bill says:
The Nightmare Stone

First novel by an author I've not come across before - very unusual, slow burning supernatural thriller. It took me a while to get into it but soon I couldn't put it down and whizzed through it. Never saw the twists coming! Well worth a look.

Posted on 9 May 2012 12:37:34 BDT
Carmen says:
New thriller by Steven Dunne, DEITY. Half way through and stunned. Didn't thrillers could be this good anymore.

Posted on 9 May 2012 14:22:04 BDT
Sam Lohman says:
I've just written my first ever review for an extremely unlikely book, but whatever else it is - it's certainly original, I enjoyed it and felt I had to leave some sort of comment on the site, hence the review. It's called Charlie Chaplin's Uncle by Ian Okell.
In view of earlier posts I'd better add that it's not by me wearing a false nose, my Auntie Vera or the man next door. Hope I'm not the only one that likes 'odd'.

Posted on 9 May 2012 14:44:26 BDT
Darkly Came a Killer - Les Anderson, first book but brilliant.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 May 2012 19:47:18 BDT
DAWOUD says:
Check out Peter Croxton. He's got three crime thrillers out one of which is currently available for free.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 May 2012 21:44:29 BDT
Ali says:
I've recently read this book (and it's sequel, The Ares File) which are both gripping thrillers. They are full of fast paced action and very well researched with characters that draw the reader into their world.
Assassin's Run (The Michael Prentiss Stories)

Posted on 12 May 2012 16:11:30 BDT
Babel-Fish says:
How about The Big Over Easy (Nursery Crime Adventures 1) & The Fourth Bear (Nursery Crime Adventures 2) both excellant laugh out loud funny (IMHO) novels for people with a quirky sense of humour.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 May 2012 16:22:57 BDT
Melody Pop says:
Try In The Midnight Hour by R Campbell Zaino. It's actually a collection of ten short stories, but a lot of them have a crime/thriller element to them, and they are all quiet dark. So if that's the type of thing you enjoy it might be worth a look.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2012 09:04:40 BDT
lizzy says:
Watermark by E.J.Kay

Posted on 23 May 2012 21:35:09 BDT
Phil Rickman, I found him from a recommendation on this forum and hope others find him.

Posted on 24 May 2012 00:25:35 BDT
Ben says:
The Lake by Banana Yoshimoto

simple but effective storyteller

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2012 00:30:51 BDT
Ben says:
- Jeffrey Eugenides' The Virgin Suicides (of course the book's way better than the film)
- The Mercy of Thin Air: A Novel by Ronlyn Domingue
- Let the Great World Spin: A Novel by Colum McCann
- City of Thieves: A Novel by David Benioff

Posted on 24 May 2012 10:44:14 BDT
Wow so many great suggestions, I've already worked my way through a few of these books and some I had already read. Can't believe though for a forum on good read suggestions there seemed to be quiet a bit of animosity. Thanks for those who suggested a good read :)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2012 12:25:27 BDT
Lee B says:
Try Steven Bannister's first book Fade to Black. I liked it a lot and so did a couple of friends I recommended it to. It's well priced and will definitely keep you turning the pages. My friend also recommended Penitent so it's on my list!

Posted on 29 May 2012 11:35:12 BDT
Catherine says:
The Brora Murders (The Scottish Mysteries)

Brand new.

Posted on 29 May 2012 17:41:08 BDT
Mr. D. Menon says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 29 May 2012 18:15:03 BDT
I'm currently reading Me Before You and so far it's really good.

Posted on 31 May 2012 22:44:22 BDT
robins1969 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 31 May 2012 23:14:50 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 8 Jul 2012 20:30:31 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2012 23:37:42 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 4 Jul 2012 08:17:15 BDT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the thriller discussion forum (396 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  thriller discussion forum
Participants:  222
Total posts:  414
Initial post:  30 Apr 2012
Latest post:  12 Aug 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 21 customers

Search Customer Discussions