Customer Discussions > thriller discussion forum

Is the novel Murder Me by John Meany controversial?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Posted on 6 May 2012 16:41:18 BDT
John says:
I might point out that teachers have to pass a basic test for literacy these days, and this guy(kid) doesn't seem to be making the grade... Err, sorry about the pun. I'm guessing student. He's probably all of 15. I could be his father, if I was so inclined when I was his age :-)

I bet he's tired. Sleeping through lessons all day can do that to you. And those teenage hormones making you either hyper or lethargic. Pity he didn't pay more attention to his English, he might have realized that his book needed marking first.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2012 10:38:48 BDT
Anita says:
Oh. Never occured to me. My condolences to the kids.

Wait. English teacher perhaps? Male, immersed in Nora Roberts? Some more condolences

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2012 08:29:46 BDT
Sou'Wester says:
"School is so exhausting" - more likely to be a teacher!!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2012 06:24:55 BDT
Anita says:
John (not Meany), you asked about John Meany's age. There's perhaps a good guess (pasted from dot com):

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 11:10:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2012 11:13:49 AM PDT
John says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Hide post again. (Show all unhelpful posts)]
I just finished John Meany's thriller novel "Murder Me." Excellent read. Now I'm back to Nora Roberts. Can't wait for summer to lay out in the sun with my kindle. School is so exhausting.
Reply to this post
Permalink | Report abuse | Ignore this customer
1 of 7 people think this post adds to the discussion. Do you? Yes No

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 22:18:28 BDT
John, they are probably having a problem because you are self promoting your book. You know it is against Amazon TOS to self promote on any Amazon site. As a Brit in the US, I am having a problem with your self promotion.

What ever do I do with authors like you? I put them on my "never read" list. You are my latest addition.

Cheers everyone!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2012 10:44:15 BDT
Anita says:
Anna Karenina: now YOU will be accused of hating Americans :)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2012 03:27:14 BDT
>>You guys seem to have your minds made up about me being a con<<

Since you lied, why are you surprised?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2012 00:32:26 BDT
No, what some of us are talking about is integrity. Ever heard of it? And respect for readers' intelligence.

What we have here is:

a) an author who "stumbled upon" his own book, tried to get some attention for it by posting spam using a fake name which violates Amazon's TOS,

b) then changes his name and posts a conversation with himself because, he says, he just heard about the forum, not even having the common sense to see that his previous fake name leads to the same Amazon profile as his new name,

c) then attacks other commenters using the word hate several times and claiming some sort of UK-US hatred.

d) Then gives an "oh, poor me" apology which ends with more spam for his book.

Well, Johnny boy, you've been caught red-handed. I hope you are among those who believe that any publicity is good publicity, because you've made the US Badly Behaving Authors hall of fame.

BTW, you might try correcting the FIVE punctuation errors in your title and 4-line book description. Not a chance I would be buying it.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 22:23:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Apr 2012 22:24:35 BDT
Dave T says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 02:48:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Apr 2012 02:49:42 BDT
D .Smith says:
Does John think some of you on line would not see the fake reviews or fake plug of his own book.We hate spam spoiled spam at that.Once your outed nobody will read your great 5star ebook.remember and print out the areas you left post on the names of those fake review and fake gushing names of fans.If you see them posting do not try to leave anything you will be outed.There are eyes every where and they see all.But go ahead post we some times need a little fun in are day.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2012 22:35:03 BDT
Oracle says:
Maybe people 'hate' you (a bit melodramatic...) because you tried to con us out of money by pretending to be an independent fan recommending your book? Go ahead and kid yourself that it's because you're American and not because you're completely out of order.

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 19:34:14 BDT
Garscadden says:
I can't speak for others but I am against spammers, and being treated like an idiot.

Also - don't assume we are all in England...

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2012 19:30:26 BDT
Dave T says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2012 16:40:46 BDT
Anita says:
John (well, the John just above),
when I click on your name, I see your 32 reviews and a wish list. When I click another John, I get nothing. So yes, confusing, but not hopelessly

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 15:58:15 BDT
John says:
Okay, just so we are clear I am not the person who posted above(I'm a different John). Not sure how amazon deals with two people with the same name.

I think this kind of deception is absolutely hilarious, and these people trying to carry out these deceptions are all morons(Yes, John Meany included). Funny as it is, it also hurts my faith in humanity because they have no idea how obvious these lies and schemes are. This thread, I mean, come on. Try harder. Clearly you want the attention but this is pathetic. My 9 year old cousin tries deceptions of this nature, but he is 9 and most kids go through that phase, but this, its, really, really its pathetic. We are all grown ups, but there are serious and honest ways to drum up a few sales, if that's your goal. There are loads of things you can do, and I wont both with them here, but these lies and deceptions... I'm just at a loss for words. A child might try and pull a stunt like this but an adult? Surely not.

John Meany
How old are you? How on earth did you think this would help you drum up sales? And do you realize how totally transparent the SPAMMING, self reviewing and lame publicity stunts are?

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 12:07:56 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 30 Apr 2012 00:42:24 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2012 09:59:16 BDT
Anita says:
Oracle: split personality, perhaps... not his fault, then :)

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2012 05:25:45 BDT
Oracle says:
Um, John.... You know when you changed the name on your account from Brook to John? You know you thought it was a really good idea and you could come on here and pretend Brook was nothing to do with you? Take a deep breath - when you update your account name, it changes it on all your previous posts too.

Doh! What a blinking idiot!

Thanks for trying to con us. You've now demonstrated that you're a fool and a liar to people you're asking for money from. Don't think that's going to win you many readers...

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 03:13:39 BDT
Anita says:
Who's Brook?

O/T John Meany NOT to be confused with John Meaney

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2012 02:55:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Apr 2012 02:57:07 BDT
Dave T says:

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2012 05:36:15 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 24 Apr 2012 11:51:59 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2012 03:52:18 BDT
Oracle says:
Not as controversial as you spamming the forum. Did you really think we wouldn't realise you're connected to the author?

Posted on 24 Apr 2012 00:08:14 BDT
Anita says:
You should watch your step more carefully. Stumbling might be dangerous.

I find your post controversial. It's not even funny anymore

Initial post: 23 Apr 2012 21:48:56 BDT
Dave T says:
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the thriller discussion forum (396 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  thriller discussion forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  23 Apr 2012
Latest post:  6 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions